Post-Game Talk: Panthers destroy Lightning to move on to the 2nd round!

Will the mods use this as the main board thread?

• No

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Never

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Any hypothetical round 2 start dates?

Seen speculation that if all of the Eastern games are wrapped up in the next couple of days, they will start on Saturday with the primetime slot, since there won't be a game 7 to place there.

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
Figure Saturday if it ends today, but if Toronto wins, probably looking at early next week. Dallas and Vegas will still have to play on Friday and if that goes 7, does that delay the start of the next round, regardless of if the east finishes before?

I can use a few stress free days from hockey

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Final Win Totals:

Tampa Bay - 1
Poverty Franchise - 4

IMG_5057.jpeg

Just saw Stamkos go to the grocery in a Tampa jersey for possibly the final time.

Crazy, did you guys know that
Did he pick up some French cries for Cooper?

Reactions: Gentle Man

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Now that was the type of game they needed. Obviously winning the series was the biggest thing. But on top of that, the way they played the game was quite good.
I think things switched when Barkov scored his first goal. Things kind of fell in order, and they played much better from that point on. Up until then, wasn't overly impressed with their play. Unfortunately the Lightning seemed to click with their game at the same time the Panthers did. And they played to a stand still. Until the Panthers started getting those key goals.
All around a great great game. Satisfying game. Beat the Lightning the way they did. As a former Chicago Bulls fan, it reminded me of when the Bulls beat the Pistons in the 1991 playoffs for the first time. Had a similar feeling.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
BARKY celly gives me LIFE! Never seen him so animated, it was awesome to see. He's been stepping up his play, throwing the body, and shooting more in the playoffs since last season and I'm ALL FOR IT!!
I think the best is yet to come with him this playoffs. I don't think I've ever seen him play this well-rounded before.

Any hypothetical round 2 start dates?

Seen speculation that if all of the Eastern games are wrapped up in the next couple of days, they will start on Saturday with the primetime slot, since there won't be a game 7 to place there.

Figure Saturday if it ends today, but if Toronto wins, probably looking at early next week. Dallas and Vegas will still have to play on Friday and if that goes 7, does that delay the start of the next round, regardless of if the east finishes before?

I can use a few stress free days from hockey
My guess is it starts Sunday.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Practically the only negative to last nights victory was that we'll now have no choice but to tune into the national feeds :(.

Last season Bally had a post game show after every game throughout the playoffs. Hope they do that again.

Best of luck to Duclair in Anaheim or whatever. Glad he's not here to soak up press box minutes in the postseason anymore.
Duke played a very physical game this postseason. If he played like that for the Panthers, he'd probably still be here. He pretty much disappeared in the playoffs when he was a Panther.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Last season Bally had a post game show after every game throughout the playoffs. Hope they do that again.

Duke played a very physical game this postseason. If he played like that for the Panthers, he'd probably still be here. He pretty much disappeared in the playoffs when he was a Panther.
I wouldnt say he disappeared with us last year, but he was def energized being away from SJ more than i ever seen him play

Reactions: PSLguy

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Did he learn because he realized that probably was why he was the one deemed expendable, or was that play fueled by some anger that he’s missing out on this year in Sunrise.

The pic of Duke on the bench awaiting Chukky after Carolina elimination goal was upheld is timeless.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Cooper is such a dumb f*** for those comments. Whatever, have the 2 goals back. You lose 6-3 instead of 6-1. Take our empty netters off the board too if you want. You still lose. Sore whiny f***ing loser making comments about Bob like that. Throwing the refs under the bus when they catered to you all series. Degrading women hockey players. Such a class act. Really hope the NHL fines him. Go f*** yourself prick.

End rant. Needed to vent after seeing all the BS this morning.

Gotta love how everyone says refs are on our side yet we usually get 2x more penalties than opponents night in and out.

So many calls against the Panthers go uncalled but we dont wine and dine about it for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad