Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You were telling me that simply criticizing AV and predicting that he'd soon be costing us another game was so stupid that it was "absurd".

Later that same day was game 5. Good call there.
Yeah, I remember it being more than a "simple criticism" but ok.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
came in here for some hockey talk tonight but changed my mind instantly when the 1st post I saw was Snowclouds genius comment saying Lundqvist never was elite due to his poor stick handling...

:shakehead

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
No, and I wasn't the one who made the claim that it would have been a goal if it hit an Ottawa stick.

But I don't subscribe to the theory that all teams are treated equally.

Which teams are treated better than the Rangers? Which teams are treated worse?

And what has made you arrive at your conclusions?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
We need John Amirante for Gm6 for inspiration. We need Leetch, Messier, Graves, and Richter in the building. We need McDonald's son and wife. We need Richter to suit up.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
On Brady Skjei, "I think he is a good young player but I also believe that on the left side Marc Staal and Ryan McDonagh have a lot of experience and are good players too. Brady is without a doubt a good young defenseman that is going to get better."

full_metal_jacket_gomer_pyle.jpg

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We need John Amirante for Gm6 for inspiration. We need Leetch, Messier, Graves, and Richter in the building. We need McDonald's son and wife. We need Richter to suit up.

It always bewilders me that the millions of dollars these athletes rake in isn't motivation enough...but I suppose humans will be human.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
On Brady Skjei, "I think he is a good young player but I also believe that on the left side Marc Staal and Ryan McDonagh have a lot of experience and are good players too. Brady is without a doubt a good young defenseman that is going to get better."

full_metal_jacket_gomer_pyle.jpg

CuxRQQwWgAAZfIY.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's fine and all, but a Game Log adds context. It will show that Hank has not been consistent in the current series...and that his bad games have been BAD...losing us games despite the Rangers putting up Goals. He's been either awesome or has sucked during this series.

It's up and down with him this post-season which is so frustrating

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I should feel more confident than I do about this situation, considering that this team came from 3-2 in 2012 and 2103 and also 3-1 in 2014 and 2015. Same core group so we know they can handle it emotionally.

I'm not confident though. Not at all.

Something I don't get is Glass has one good game in his limited fourth line role in game 4. Which is great. Then AV starts using him too much in game 5 as a result including him being on the ice when the tying goal is scored, him being Out of position on the chance being generated by a pass that went through where Glass should've been. How does Glass go from a limited 4th line role to bow being out with a minute left leading the game in the playoffs? That is inexcusable on AV's part. Arguably worse than Staal being on the ice in that situation.

In what world should Glass be on the ice instead of Grabner, Fast, Lindberg, Nash. I mean it's a total joke of player usage. AV has Glass out there with Stepan and Zucc. Meaning AV chose that trio to be in the ice in that situation considering none of those players play together normally. If his idea was this unit would be out until the next stoppage and then he'd put out Zib-Grabner-Fast to close it out, that still doesn't make up for it. Nash should've been out there in Glass' place and it makes no sense why he wasn't. Nash and Fast are the two best defensive wingers imo. If you need two late game units for thags situation, the 6 players used should be: Zib, Stepan, Zucc, Nash, Fast, Grabner. After those 6 I would have Lindberg, Hayes and Miller even Vesey and Kreider all out before Glass. Inexcusable.

Guy is in the AHL for 70 games. Has a few good playoff games and now he's out here with a 1 goal lead and a minute left. Such a joke.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's up and down with him this post-season which is so frustrating

I think he was super focused and completely committed to outplaying Price in round 1 that he maybe is finding it hard to find that same focus after being that locked in for those 2 weeks.

Because he was vintage Hank in round 1. Never in doubt.

Now in this series he looked great in game 1 but ever since then he's looked like he's been fighting it.

The D hasn't been great in the 2 OT losses, but round 1 Hank stops half of those goals.

The hope is that he can regain that focus and reach that level and have the mindset that he's not going to get beat at all. Good news is we know he can do it, he just did it against Montreal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
3 goals were his fault. There's no denying that. Our team scored 4 goals and it wasn't enough. I expect more from a guy who is the highest paid in his position. He needs to be better. Others as well, but one thing doesn't rule out the other. I was very disappointed with the way he played in games 2 and 5.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I am very glad to see all the beat writers calling Vigneault out on the Staal veteran deployment. The tide is turning. They won't challenge him in person but at least they're writing the stories.

Brooks wrote that El Gordo has Girardi lined up as the buyout candidate around March but the way the playoffs has unfolded with Staal seemingly at the end of his playing career, I wonder if El Gordo has changed his mind. We're solid on the left side with McDonagh and Skjei and Staal is just going to steal minutes from Skjei because Vigneault won't let his veteran warriors get less than 20 minutes a night. Buyout Staal, Graves is up next, keep Girardi on the 3rd pairing on the right side, re-sign Smith, bring in Shattenkirk.

If Gorton changes his mind based on one decent series for Girardi he has no business being in a sports management position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad