Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If Gorton changes his mind based on one decent series for Girardi he has no business being in a sports management position.

Less so Girardi more so Staal having an abysmal year with almost 0 percent chance of a career bounce back. Girardi > Staal at this point.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Less so Girardi more so Staal having an abysmal year with almost 0 percent chance of a career bounce back. Girardi > Staal at this point.

Nah. Staal ****s up in funnier, more noticable ways but Girardi is considerably worse.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

Nah. Staal ****s up in funnier, more noticable ways but Girardi is considerably worse.

I wouldn't say "considerably" worse. To me it comes down to two things:

1- Money. Staal has an extra year at a higher cap with (IIRC) friendlier buy-out terms than Girardi's contract.

2- Position. LD, the team has McD, Skjei, Holden, with Graves in the pipeline. RD? We have Smith (maybe), Klein, and undoubtedly someone new. No RHD prospects anywhere close to the NHL level.

Keep Girardi; buyout Staal if he can't be moved. Roll next year with:

McD-UFA
Skjei-Smith
Holden-Girardi

If we bring in the right UFA, that would give us a real top four for the first time in ages.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

1- Money. Staal has an extra year at a higher cap with (IIRC) friendlier buy-out terms than Girardi's contract.

2- Position. LD, the team has McD, Skjei, Holden, with Graves in the pipeline. RD? We have Smith (maybe), Klein, and undoubtedly someone new. No RHD prospects anywhere close to the NHL level.

McD-UFA
Skjei-Smith
Holden-Girardi

If we bring in the right UFA, that would give us a real top four for the first time in ages.

I think that Staal's buyout is worse on account of his worse contract of longer length. I might be wrong though.

That said, he is of more detriment to the team than Girardi. Somehow.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

McD-UFA
Skjei-Smith
Holden-Girardi

Why is this a good thing? You'd rather keep Girardi as the 1RD than Staal as the 3LD?

*Saw you listed Girardi as 3RD but do you really believe that's going to be the case if he's still on the same with the same coach?

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I think that Staal's buyout is worse on account of his worse contract of longer length. I might be wrong though.

That said, he is of more detriment to the team than Girardi. Somehow.

I could also be wrong. I thought I read something once about Staal's contract being more front-loaded and Girardi's being more back-loaded or some such. I'm not entirely clear on the math behind how buyouts are calculated.

Why is this a good thing? You'd rather keep Girardi as the 1RD than Staal as the 3LD?

*Saw you listed Girardi as 3RD but do you really believe that's going to be the case if he's still on the same with the same coach?

In my dream world, this coach was fired before the trade deadline LAST season. If AV is still here, he would probably be scratching Shattenkirk (or whomever) or playing him as a 4th line winger. :shakehead

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Haven't given up on Arsenal yet and won't with the Rangers. I'm just sure it will go to a final game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As poor as some of them have been, particularly Stepan, I still just can't buy that our forwards/centers aren't good enough to win.

We all know the coach is ****ed and the defense is ****ed, and in the last few series, not even the goaltending has been outstanding.

And yet we're two wins away from another ECF. There has to be something good about this team.

I still say Nashville's forward corps isn't any better than ours, and right now they're the favorite.

Last time I said that people screamed about Forsberg and Arvidsson but Forsberg and Arvdisson are 30/30/60 guys. They're not any better than Zuccarello, Nash, Kreider, or even Brassard his last year here.

Replace Hayes with an NHL player and I think we have the best bottom six in the league.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I know I'm in the minority as usual but this is the Ranger way of doing things. We can NEVER EVER do things the easy way and despite fact we should likely be playing Game 6 for the right to go the ECF, we instead have our backs to the wall and need to win tomorrow in order to keep our season alive.

Well guess what, be prepared folks for a Ranger tease and bigtime win and we will be on to Ottawa on Thursday. The extra day off IMO will prove to be big and I'd be shockola if we don't come out like we did in Games 3 and 4 and send Ottawa to a resounding defeat. I'm something in the 90% certainty range that we will emerge victorious and would bet if I could a large chunk of my hefty monthly mortgage that there will be a Game 7 on Thursday night in Ottawa.

The rub for me is if and when we get to Game 7, can we exercise our demons from Games 1,2 and 5 in their barn and figure out a way to close them out when we have a lead and not blow it for a fourth consecutive time.

First things first tho as I don't want to get ahead of myself and ourselves. We have now taken care of our issues we had at home as we have won our last 4 games at , MSG and so that is no longer an issue anymore thank the good lord otherwise I'd be ******** pickles. We just need to come out, playe with the desperation and sense of urgency we played with since playoffs began when our backs have been against the wall(ie...Games 4 and 5 vs Habs...Games 3 and 4 vs Sens) get our forecheck going from the onset, get the first goal or two and Sens will know they are screwed and start getting ready for a Game 7.

We know we are better than them..I firmly believe that. We just need to execute and play like we can and we'll be fine. Very confident about tomorrow. I expect Hank to have his **** together and some of our MIA's..Steps,Kreider,Hayes and Miller to make some hefty contributions to a much needed victory.

Have faith my fellow brothers. I know there is alot of pessimism and negativity but do know that our boys have played their best hockey when the season has been on the brink. I don't expect anything different tomorrow. We will win...I'm going to pull a Messier...I guarantee it!!!!!.....:nod:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Can't wait to see how they blow this one in the last 5 minutes.

Instead of predicting the score, it is more fun to predict AV's final five:

Glass-Miller-Hayes
Staal-Holden

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Any guy that doesn't show tomorrow IMO with the chips down is trade material come June. That simple for me.

+1 absolutely.......No reason to be tired and not have legs. Win this game early and then I suppose we will do our usual turtle and save energy for game 7, but hope not as we should learn from game 2 and other games. Make it a complete win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad