Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
As almost expected Pitt/Wash going 7, so had we just won this series when we should have (5 games 6 at worst) we would've had extra rest for upcoming round.

But noooooo, in typical Rangers fashion they have to put their backs against the wall and do things the hard way.

Or, take the easy way out and lose tonight. They had better not though, or else I won't watch another Rangers game until September, I promise you.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A little "get together"

2pt9btd.jpg

Not sure if you guys noticed, but early game festivities allowed "best friends" to get together and pass on a few "how ya' doing buds?" And, "where do you wanna meet after the game?"

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'm disgusted with this series. I almost want them to lose so I can shave this **** off my face and move on. Whoever we play against if we win this series is going to mop the floor with us anyway (as we're currently playing). Truth is, they went further already than I would've thought before the season started. Time for some serious changes in the summer.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Time for them to put up or shut up tonight. Could be the last game for a few of these guys in a Rangers sweater.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
AV has made some poor in game management decisions, but we are where we are because Stepan, Kreider and Hayes have all been terrible.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
AV has made some poor in game management decisions, but we are where we are because Stepan, Kreider and Hayes have all been terrible.

In the Montreal series, some said Kreider was intimidated by the Canadian media, as week an excuse as has ever been proffered for under-performance.

What is it, now?

Unless it turns out to be a hidden injury, it's inexcusable.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
In the Montreal series, some said Kreider was intimidated by the Canadian media, as week an excuse as has ever been proffered for under-performance.

What is it, now?

He's been awful. He should be flying all over the ice causing havoc, but we've gotten the exact opposite from him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

What is it, now?

The media is still Canadian :sarcasm:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I will wear my Rangers t-shirt too, but I will probably not woke up until 2nd. period like 3 am in the morning. :)

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
not that it means anything but I really think Grabners OT goal was legit...when the puck actually contacted Grabner's stick the puck was below the crossbar..the stick was definetly way up high in the air, but the actual contact of the puck to the stick was below the crossbar....if the roles were reversed I'm sure Ottawa would of been rewarded a good goal

Actually, Grabner's stick where it contacted the puck was quite a bit over the height of the crossbar. If there are valid things to gripe about in that game, that was not one of them. It was the correct call.

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
He's been awful. He should be flying all over the ice causing havoc, but we've gotten the exact opposite from him.

I wonder if there is sort of a paranoia to his game right now. AV has always drilled 2-way play and back-checking in to the minds of his players. It's a very important aspect to this team. Maybe Kreider fears over-committing to offense and is always worried about getting back or being in the right place to make a defensive play. It's fact that Kreider has had difficulty with his focus and has sought therapy for it. It could be that they guy just can't focus well enough right now to multitask, and his offense is paying the price for it.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I don't get mad at Holden, Staal, and Girardi. They aren't better than they have been playing. It's on AV that they are being put into positions where they inevitably fail.

Kreider is arguably their best forward. It's not AV's fault that Kreider has disappeared, as he so often does during the regular season. At least he used to excel in the playoffs, so we accepted it.

The excuses used to be he's a rookie, or he's still very young and/or inexperienced. He's 26, now. There are players under 20 excelling all over the league, so let's get rid of those excuses.

If he's not scoring, that's one thing, but for the fastest and strongest player on the ice to be near invisible is unforgivable.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I wonder if there is sort of a paranoia to his game right now. AV has always drilled 2-way play and back-checking in to the minds of his players. It's a very important aspect to this team. Maybe Kreider fears over-committing to offense and is always worried about getting back or being in the right place to make a defensive play. It's fact that Kreider has had difficulty with his focus and has sought therapy for it. It could be that they guy just can't focus well enough right now to multitask, and his offense is paying the price for it.

How would this explain his no longer being physical?

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I don't get mad at Holden, Staal, and Girardi. They aren't better than they have been playing. It's on AV that they are being put into positions where they inevitably fail.

Kreider is arguably their best forward. It's not AV's fault that Kreider has disappeared, as he so often does during the regular season. At least he used to excel in the playoffs, so we accepted it.

The excuses used to be he's a rookie, or he's still very young and/or inexperienced. He's 26, now. There are players under 20 excelling all over the league, so let's get rid of those excuses.

If he's not scoring, that's one thing, but for the fastest and strongest player on the ice to be near invisible is unforgivable.

Those excuses are long gone. He's had plenty of playoff experience by now to know what it takes to succeed. It's on him now to find ways to be productive.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

It does not appear that way to me, at least mainly because when players think they have over-extended themselves offensively and they need to get back on the back check, you usually a really hard effort. Just look at Nash when he backchecks or Zuccarello. They are going as hard as they can. Can you honestly say that of Kreider? Hmm, I can't. I realize he can skate very fast with less effort but I just don't see the same effort consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad