Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Gotta think some type of upper-body injury. Every time he goes in for a hit, he lets up RIGHT before contact. It's been quite noticeable that he's stopping himself.

That would be the only valid excuse and I hope that's the case.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Gotta think some type of upper-body injury. Every time he goes in for a hit, he lets up RIGHT before contact. It's been quite noticeable that he's stopping himself.

He plays timid. That is the way he is. He slows up on every hit and I don't think it has anything to do with an injury either. He doesn't wanna obliterate a guy like he can because the refs know who he is and will easily skate him to the box. Can't play like that. He has been awful in these playoffs and there is honestly zero excuse.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

I don't know. I've seen several gratuitous hits from Krieder in this series, where he makes the hit but allows the play to go back toward the Rangers zone. I'm wondering if he's thinking too hard, or if he's caught in "this is the playoffs, I gotta hit people all the time."

Whatever it is, the team needs more from him.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I don't know. I've seen several gratuitous hits from Krieder in this series, where he makes the hit but allows the play to go back toward the Rangers zone. I'm wondering if he's thinking too hard, or if he's caught in "this is the playoffs, I gotta hit people all the time."

Whatever it is, the team needs more from him.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Are there any expected line-up changes to the team that blew it (again) in the last game? Any accountability? ... or are we just going to trot out the same ****ed up lineup with all the no shows and good-for-a-goal-or-two-against defenseman and hope for the best?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It does not appear that way to me, at least mainly because when players think they have over-extended themselves offensively and they need to get back on the back check, you usually a really hard effort. Just look at Nash when he backchecks or Zuccarello. They are going as hard as they can. Can you honestly say that of Kreider? Hmm, I can't. I realize he can skate very fast with less effort but I just don't see the same effort consistently.

chosen said:
How would this explain his no longer being physical?

Good points. Just looking at it from another perspective...big hits and and putting on the burners require commitment to an on-ice decision. Kreider is tentative in all of his decisions right now. Afraid of committing to anything he might be thinking. Can't get out of his own head. I dunno. I just find it hard to believe that he's just being lazy or doesn't care. I also don't think he's injured. The one thing we do know about Kreider are the issues with his focus. It has to be related, IMO. He's stuck in his own head, and it's killing his confidence.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
How is everyone's appetite during elimination games?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
BY my count, that's Tasch, Harnett, and Larry that's harpooned Vigneault right in the pingu on his irrational loyalty to his veteran warriors. Three scathing headlines. Zipay is slacking but that's expected. Hopefully the message is heard by someone important in the organization.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Those excuses are long gone. He's had plenty of playoff experience by now to know what it takes to succeed. It's on him now to find ways to be productive.

That should go for many players, in my world all the excuses for this whole organization not being able to win more championships should be long gone.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
I anticipate a game just like Games 3 and 4. Rangers set the tone, Sens let Chris Neil run amuck and he takes a couple bad penalties of which we score at least a power play goal from. 4-2 Rangers tonight, goals from Kreider, Zuccarello, Smith and finally Miller pots his first. Sens will try to stir things up at the end of the Rangers will skate away and salute the fans while Burrows, Neil and MacArthur take their skates off and go headhunting!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
BY my count, that's Tasch, Harnett, and Larry that's harpooned Vigneault right in the pingu on his irrational loyalty to his veteran warriors. Three scathing headlines. Zipay is slacking but that's expected. Hopefully the message is heard by someone important in the organization.

Brooksie saying it leads to me to believe that Gorton took AV aside and drilled him for his basic incompentencies...

I don't know if it's allowed at this point but if they need to put Gorton on the Bench with AV then just make it happen... I'm sick of the fact that this roster has to be child proofed just so that AV can't throw the game unintentionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad