Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
A series which 90% of all Canadians watch. The NHL TV package is set up for Rogers. The NBC portion is peanuts compared to what the Canadian broadcasters paid. Canadian advertisers would be forking money hand over fist if it were two Canadian markets in the Final.

Do you really think the Rangers are going to add that many more viewers to the games? Ranger fans will watch anyway. Ranger fans are also hockey fans. I can't say that about fans of other teams.

You have this notion that TV wants the New York audience and would want the Rangers to go as far as they could. There are plenty of reasons that is a fallacy.

The only sport where New York team = more viewers is with the Yankees. And that's only because there are Yankee fans everywhere.
This is a bad post. Please redact.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Sorry sens fan here to chime in.

There is no way the NHL gives a crap about Ottawa making the finals. If there was some plot, it would be for Toronto or Montreal to advance. I live in Toronto at the moment and very few people here are paying any attention at all to hockey anymore...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Sorry sens fan here to chime in.

There is no way the NHL gives a crap about Ottawa making the finals. If there was some plot, it would be for Toronto or Montreal to advance. I live in Toronto at the moment and very few people here are paying any attention at all to hockey anymore...
Agreed, and I'm a big fan of ALF as well.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
A series which 90% of all Canadians watch. The NHL TV package is set up for Rogers. The NBC portion is peanuts compared to what the Canadian broadcasters paid. Canadian advertisers would be forking money hand over fist if it were two Canadian markets in the Final.

Do you really think the Rangers are going to add that many more viewers to the games? Ranger fans will watch anyway. Ranger fans are also hockey fans. I can't say that about fans of other teams.

You have this notion that TV wants the New York audience and would want the Rangers to go as far as they could. There are plenty of reasons that is a fallacy.

The only sport where New York team = more viewers is with the Yankees. And that's only because there are Yankee fans everywhere.

There are almost more people in the NYC metro than all of Canada. If the Rangers make it even people who don't watch a lot of hockey will tune in from around here

On top of that are you so sure that there has to be 2 teams from The Great White North for their citizens to watch?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
There are almost more people in the NYC metro than all of Canada. If the Rangers make it even people who don't watch a lot of hockey will tune in from around here

On top of that are you so sure that there has to be 2 teams from The Great White North for their citizens to watch?

This. A lot of people who don't normally watch hockey are watching because the Rangers are in the second round. I see this a lot at at my office.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can totally see us blowing them out of the water tomorrow and then claiming the series in a classic Rangers 2-1, Game 7 win.

I don't blame anyone if they struggle to "keep the faith" as this stupid team has turned patience into toil this postseason, but I still think they might have something left in them. Somehow. :laugh:

Agreed, this whole series has been classic Rangers tbh :laugh:

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I'm a fan of this team and I want to love the team. Unfortunately it feels more like a hostage situation these last couple of season. I'm a hostage of my fandom.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'm a fan of this team and I want to love the team. Unfortunately it feels more like a hostage situation these last couple of season. I'm a hostage of my fandom.

The way this team kicks away won games really tests a person's fandom. It's a terrible feeling. Who needs that over and over?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I am very glad to see all the beat writers calling Vigneault out on the Staal veteran deployment. The tide is turning. They won't challenge him in person but at least they're writing the stories.

Brooks wrote that El Gordo has Girardi lined up as the buyout candidate around March but the way the playoffs has unfolded with Staal seemingly at the end of his playing career, I wonder if El Gordo has changed his mind. We're solid on the left side with McDonagh and Skjei and Staal is just going to steal minutes from Skjei because Vigneault won't let his veteran warriors get less than 20 minutes a night. Buyout Staal, Graves is up next, keep Girardi on the 3rd pairing on the right side, re-sign Smith, bring in Shattenkirk.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Two points:

Can you present any evidence that shows that Rangers fans will watch more than Canadian fans if the team they root for is eliminated, because I would bet it is the exact opposite.

Do you truly believe the officials would have ruled it a goal if it was Ottawa with the high stick, because I believe that is utter nonsense, and again, more importantly, why would you waste your time rooting if the deck is systemically stacked against you? That would be crazy, in my opinion.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
What I've been missing most of all in this series, is Sam reminding the viewers:

In case you were wondering, those are not booos, those are "Zukes!" Zukes!"

If Micheletti is inside the glass on Tuesday, we will win. If it's Pierre, we will lose.

If Kenny Albert calls the game on Tuesday, we will lose. If it's Forslund, we will win.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What I've been missing most of all in this series, is Sam reminding the viewers:

In case you were wondering, those are not booos, those are "Zukes!" Zukes!"

If Micheletti is inside the glass on Tuesday, we will win. If it's Pierre, we will lose.
I just assumed they were booing him in Games 3&4

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
When the puck has entered the net after making contact with an
attacking player’s stick that is above the height of the crossbar.
Where the puck makes contact with the stick is the determining
factor. See 38.4(vi).

the determining factor is where the puck contacts the stick...in Grabner's case the puck was well below the crossbar...we got screwed here big time...we should of won that game
"well below the crossbar"

X2YUXDe.png

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Two points:

Can you present any evidence that shows that Rangers fans will watch more than Canadian fans if the team they root for is eliminated, because I would bet it is the exact opposite.

Do you truly believe the officials would have ruled it a goal if it was Ottawa with the high stick, because I believe that is utter nonsense, and again, more importantly, why would you waste your time rooting if the deck is systemically stacked against you? That would be crazy, in my opinion.

No, and I wasn't the one who made the claim that it would have been a goal if it hit an Ottawa stick.

But I don't subscribe to the theory that all teams are treated equally.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wasn't there a point in time with this "core" that the Rangers never gave up even a third period lead never mind a lead late in a game? I mean like a crazy stat going unbeaten having a lead going into the third. I think the islanders broke it when they came back on us in the third.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
When will our top players start playing like top players? They've been passengers for too long.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Wasn't there a point in time with this "core" that the Rangers never gave up even a third period lead never mind a lead late in a game? I mean like a crazy stat going unbeaten having a lead going into the third. I think the islanders broke it when they came back on us in the third.

Different coach and better Defense man who weren't abysmal. But yea it was an insane 100 something wins in a row when starting Per 3 w/ a lead

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Different coach and better Defense man who weren't abysmal. But yea it was 100 something wins in a row when starting Per 3 w/ a lead

I believe it was under AV but don't have exact numbers and when streak started/ended but definitely better defense agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad