Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers - Game 6 - May 9 (Pre-Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The arrogance of some fans is incredible in that main thread. I had to leave. Got Sens fans saying the NYR are just not that good and are built around Lundqvist and now that he is not playing well they aren't that good. Guess they don't realize the only way they score is if 65 sets up the play. I tell you, I pray pray pray NYR players reads these boards and see it. If I was ever a player I would empty the tank for game 6.
I would hope in terms of motivation:
Advancing in Stanley Cup playoffs > Proving HFBoards posters wrong

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
They HAVE to leave it all out on the ice.

Find something. Do something.

If any of the boys don't play their heart out, I won't mind much when they are traded/not protected.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I would hope in terms of motivation:
Advancing in Stanley Cup playoffs > Proving HFBoards posters wrong

31 pls, Tanner Glass spent years of scholarly research at an Ivy League institution so he could win academic debates, not shiny trophies for the uneducated masses.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
garden will be rocking tomorrow night. we need score 1st. thats huge. we need the first goal and the second.

if they get ahead by a few, the game will be unwatchable with the trapping.

we need to bring physical pain and anger to EK and the rest of this group of marginal players.

the sens have scored 3 goals with the extra skater and have come back from deficits of 2 goals twice. they havent lead in the entire series for more than like 10 mins. they are surviving on fumes and luck.

this team cant give up, even if they get behind. they have to want this. maximum effort and execution.

we will win tomorrow night comfortably and head north for game 7.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
garden will be rocking tomorrow night. we need score 1st. thats huge. we need the first goal and the second.

if they get ahead by a few, the game will be unwatchable with the trapping.

we need to bring physical pain and anger to EK and the rest of this group of marginal players.

the sens have scored 3 goals with the extra skater and have come back from deficits of 2 goals twice. they havent lead in the entire series for more than like 10 mins. they are surviving on fumes and luck.

this team cant give up, even if they get behind. they have to want this. maximum effort and execution.

we will win tomorrow night comfortably and head north for game 7.

Miller and Lindberg offdacrossbar and then Grabner's stick being above dacrossbar.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I can totally see us blowing them out of the water tomorrow and then claiming the series in a classic Rangers 2-1, Game 7 win.

I don't blame anyone if they struggle to "keep the faith" as this stupid team has turned patience into toil this postseason, but I still think they might have something left in them. Somehow. :laugh:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
31 pls, Tanner Glass spent years of scholarly research at an Ivy League institution so he could win academic debates, not shiny trophies for the uneducated masses.
Yes, but the majority of hockey players aren't intellectuals like The Tanner.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
not that it means anything but I really think Grabners OT goal was legit...when the puck actually contacted Grabner's stick the puck was below the crossbar..the stick was definetly way up high in the air, but the actual contact of the puck to the stick was below the crossbar....if the roles were reversed I'm sure Ottawa would of been rewarded a good goal

Right, because the NHL wants Ottawa to win, and everyone hates the Rangers. Is that why?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If the Rangers find themselves leading they should probably go into the no forecheck prevent and play Glass, Staal and Holden as much as possible. If they have any chance to go up ice, forget it. Instead they should attempt to just get the puck out of their zone by rimming it around the glass, or airmailing it out of the zone so Ottawa can carry it back in unfettered, or better yet, since the Rangers are so good in defensive zone face-off situations just take the icing. There is just no way that can not work, it's a foolproof plan.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This series is eerily similar to the 2013 vs Washington.

Lose game 1 and 2 on the road, game 2 being in OT.

Going home and scoring 4 goals in back to back wins at home.

Lose game 5 on the road in OT.

That Rangers team was much worse than the current team and that Capitals team was better than the Senators are. Plus that was still Torts' Rangers.

That team, with Taylor Pyatt in the top 6 and Derek Dorsett, Kris Newbury, Arron Asham 4th line and Steve Eminger, John Moore and Del Zotto on D. That team came back and won Game 6 at home and won Game 7 on the road.

Starts with Hank. He needs to be dialed in like he was vs Montreal.

Need to not even give Ottawa hope. Play exactly like games 3 and 4.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
This series is eerily similar to the 2013 vs Washington.

Lose game 1 and 2 on the road, game 2 being in OT.

Going home and scoring 4 goals in back to back wins at home.

Lose game 5 on the road in OT.

That Rangers team was much worse than the current team and that Capitals team was better than the Senators are. Plus that was still Torts' Rangers.

That team, with Taylor Pyatt in the top 6 and Derek Dorsett, Kris Newbury, Arron Asham 4th line and Steve Eminger, John Moore and Del Zotto on D. That team came back and won Game 6 at home and won Game 7 on the road.

Starts with Hank. He needs to be dialed in like he was vs Montreal.

Need to not even give Ottawa hope. Play exactly like games 3 and 4.

Hank has to help the d and the d has to help him. For godsake.....GET THE SENS OUT OF THE PAINT!! They did it in both home games and outscored them 8-2.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I can totally see us blowing them out of the water tomorrow and then claiming the series in a classic Rangers 2-1, Game 7 win.

I don't blame anyone if they struggle to "keep the faith" as this stupid team has turned patience into toil this postseason, but I still think they might have something left in them. Somehow. :laugh:

If they do win this series, that's EXACTLY how it's going to go.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The NHL would cream itself if the Final was Ottawa - Edmonton.

Explain what the NHL gains if it's Ottawa-EDM, instead of NYR-EDM?

And, more importantly, do you believe the refs are biased in this manner, because anyone who believes in such things and continues to watch and care is no different than a fan of professional wrestling.

On second thought, the wrestling fan is far smarter, because most of them know it's not even a sport, just entertainment.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Trust AV.

giphy.gif

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Explain what the NHL gains if it's Ottawa-EDM, instead of NYR-EDM?

And, more importantly, do you believe the refs are biased in this manner, because anyone who believes in such things and continues to watch and care is no different than a fan of professional wrestling.

On second thought, the wrestling fan is far smarter, because most of them know it's not even a sport, just entertainment.

A series which 90% of all Canadians watch. The NHL TV package is set up for Rogers. The NBC portion is peanuts compared to what the Canadian broadcasters paid. Canadian advertisers would be forking money hand over fist if it were two Canadian markets in the Final.

Do you really think the Rangers are going to add that many more viewers to the games? Ranger fans will watch anyway. Ranger fans are also hockey fans. I can't say that about fans of other teams.

You have this notion that TV wants the New York audience and would want the Rangers to go as far as they could. There are plenty of reasons that is a fallacy.

The only sport where New York team = more viewers is with the Yankees. And that's only because there are Yankee fans everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad