Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I have really become accustomed to video highlights accompanying this type of report so I am afraid you must edit and show your work for full marks.

My bad sir, I'll have to wait till the Q site posts highlights to get my full marks.

edit: jk, homie ouroboros got me

Reactions: OD99

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Was at the game in Saint John, we got an absolute gem in Batherson, his development curve is actually unheard of...he is doing it all himself. He had one really stinky goal today, but they all count. He showed his skill with his OT goal.

Mann has been lights out drafting out of the Maritimes.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I also liked Nurmi at the DV camp, for a big guy I thought he had good hands around the net & was a somewhat shifty player. I have no idea what will happen with him but he adds a little more depth at RW & he can skate, he's not slow by any means.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I also liked Nurmi at the DV camp, for a big guy I thought he had good hands around the net & was a somewhat shifty player. I have no idea what will happen with him but he adds a little more depth at RW.
He seems like a late bloomer... Playing in a good spot for him right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Was at the game in Saint John, we got an absolute gem in Batherson, his development curve is actually unheard of...he is doing it all himself. He had one really stinky goal today, but they all count. He showed his skill with his OT goal.

What does he look like out there? Any comparables?

Cbgrinder

Jun 30, 2017

It's my understanding Mann got on to him pretty early on after he was bumped up to the top line last season. Very keen eye for sure but I doubt he saw him taking a step forward the way he has.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Mark Scheifele was a guy mentioned to me today at the rink in a conversation I had in the first period. Playstyle/tools/etc, I saw it more and more as the game went on.
I am so excited for this guy. From the highlights I've seen he looks like an unstoppable goal scoring machine out there. Not much support either. Him and Formenton have shown a lot so far and we really need to give credit to our scouting staff for the stellar work they did this year (and the years before).

Any players on the East coast you think the Sens might keep an eye on this year?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am so excited for this guy. From the highlights I've seen he looks like an unstoppable goal scoring machine out there. Not much support either. Him and Formenton have shown a lot so far and we really need to give credit to our scouting staff for the stellar work they did this year (and the years before).

Any players on the East coast you think the Sens might keep an eye on this year?
Noah Dobson
Anderson McDonald
Benoit Olivier-Groulx
Jared McIsaac

Obviously Zadina, but they won't be picking top 3/5

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
How would you guys rank our top prospects right now? Sounds like a lot has changed since the spring. I'm assuming Chabot, brown, and white will still be most people's top 3, but it looks like bowers, formenton, chlapik, and batherson are really making names for themselves

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Nice we really have only seen highlights. I'm waiting for the shift by shift videos on YouTube. So he's got it going on even when he's no scoring?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Love those highlight gifs.

Bloody hell.....we've got an amazing prospect pool. If these kids all keep up this kind of pace for the season, then we'll be golden.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa

Man thats not what i want to hear. They've handled this goalie situation very poorly.

Hogberg has big game potential and needed to see regular AHL starts. Now he's being thrown in the ECHL and being thrown an odd start here and there.

Hes played 2 games this year from what i can see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad