Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My 1 sentence reviews:

Alex Formenton- Think Ryan Dzingel, all speed, some finish, middle 6 winger
Filip Chlapik- Think David Backes-esque, 2 way top six forward who can be a playmaker.
Christian Jaros- Think Boro, except he can skate and carry the puck, but hits like a freight train, could be a top 4 RHD.
Christian Wolanin- Having a hard time coming up with a comparison, but think 2 way top 4 LHD, he has some offense in him but just all around solid at both ends.
Jack Rodewald- Good energy guy, but no real NHL future.
Ben Sexton- No long term NHL future, short term call-up at best if you need a guy to play minimal 4th line minutes.

I think you over-rated Chlapik as I see him as 3rd to 4th line player at best and certainly not top 6.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Alex Formenton -Formenton is still quite young, but he's improving his puck skills very quickly. This should pair well with his speed. I see him likely to reach what Dzingel was this past season. a 20 goal 40 point player would be a reasonable expectation for him. He has some sandpaper to his game, which sends him to the box on occasion. He's only a couple days too old to be part of this draft coming up. So he has some development to go still. This could be a real big year for his development.

Filip Chlapik - I see Chlapik as a solid 2nd liner with some scoring ability. He has the size and bulk to be a nice scoring depth power forward. I think it's a lot to ask for him to be a top liner, and there is a chance he's ends up as a very good 3rd liner, but a lot is pointing to him being a solid 2nd line power forward.

Christian Jaros +Christian Wolanin - Both of these guys are probably going to be very good bottom pairing guys. Wolanin can contribute offensively, and on the PP. there's a chance he could grow into a fringe top 4 LD, but I don't think we should get TOO excited by his good start to his NHL career at the end of last year. Jaros is more of a well rounded player on RD. There's a chance he could be used in certain situations in a fringe top 4 role, but I still don't think he has the offensive upside or skills to be too much higher than that. Thankfully, it seems unlikely that he will fall short of that. I see him as a solid bet as a regular NHLer in a depth role.

Jack Rodewald +Ben Sexton - I don't see a lot to suggest that Sexton or Rodewald will be more than career AHL guys. They MIGHT get the odd NHL game, but I don't really see NHL players there.

My views in bold. Take them for what you will.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad