Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How does a guy on an 11 game scoring streak with 14 points hold a +/- of minus 5?! Do his points come largely on the PP?

Cbgrinder

Jun 30, 2017
How does a guy on an 11 game scoring streak with 14 points hold a +/- of minus 5?! Do his points come largely on the PP?

We have a weak defense this year. And he's out playing in all situations. Was a minus 4 against Halifax our last game.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Some Spezza-esque dangles there. Batherson to represent QMJHL at the CHL Russian Cup.

What's the significance of Team Ontario? Is that just kind of like "first all star team" or do they have a national competition between the provinces? Just realized it's team OHL vs the Russian tour.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He should force his way onto the WJC roster, will get an invite to camp almost assuredly.

Very similar to Luke Adam's development from 18 to 19 when he was tearing apart the Q as a 19 year old with Cape Breton. Extremely similar development at that age, though Batherson is the better skater by a country mile.

He is an extremely promising prospect.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Batherson has gone from a mediocre Maritime Jr A player to one of the best players in the QMJHL (arguably the CHL right now) in under 2YRs.

One of the steepest development curves I've seen in a prospect.

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Batherson has gone from a mediocre Maritime Jr A player to one of the best players in the QMJHL (arguably the CHL right now) in under 2YRs.

One of the steepest development curves I've seen in a prospect.

Agreed 100%. I said something very similar a few weeks ago.
Batherson is very legit.

This isn't a Filip Ahl situation where some thought he was becoming a legit guy because of his start in Regina last year.

Batherson was an old rookie in the CHL last year. 18 year olds starting their 1st CHL season are rarely, if ever legit NHL prospects. It's rare enough for 17 year old rookies.

Ryan Johansen is a guy who fits that bill. He was a 17 year old rookie in Portland. He jumped up the rankings and quickly became a guy who was showing very projectile assets. He, however, did this in his rookie/draft season (as I said, not common but does happen every year).

Batherson, on the other hand, spent his NHL draft year as a mediocre player in the Maritime league, something many, many nobodies do every year. This is a league where me and my friends played at the same age and did as well or better statistically.

His jump to viable NHL prospect has been huge, not just statistically, but looking at his projectables. He has the size, skating, I.Q and skills to be able to fit into any teams future.

I don't know Drake at all, but I know his father well, and he comes from a very good family. His dad will help him become the best player he can be, and teach him how to be a professional in every sense of the word.

I have zero worries about Batherson, he is a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad