Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like Acadie-Bathurst picked up Mitch Balmas today. He was the go to offensive guy for Gatineau, after they moved Abramov. I doubt Batherson ends up there now

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Batherson 1g 1a , Formenton 2a ... not bad
Both played well .. Formenton was relentless 5 on 5 and on the PK... Had a great chance early.. and generated a couple close calls. Batherson as well .. he a real nice setup to Gadjovich that didn't go in and he hit the post just before his assist.. Both finished their checks well. All the lines were effective... Love WJC hockey

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I didn't notice Formenton pick up his 2nd assist. Sadly I've deleted my capture, so I don't think I'll have the highlight. Sorry folks!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I didn't notice Formenton pick up his 2nd assist. Sadly I've deleted my capture, so I don't think I'll have the highlight. Sorry folks!
Pretty sure he got one on the Foote goal. I saw it earlier and can't find it now
I am sure I saw it but :laugh:

Looks like they gave it to Comtois/Howden
See the full boxscore here:
PERIODSCOREGOALASSISTS
11-0Maxime ComtoisAlex FormentonKale Clague
12-0Robert ThomasTaylor Raddysh
23-0Jake BeanCale MakarRobert Thomas
24-0Boris KatchoukRobert ThomasTaylor Raddysh
35-0Taylor RaddyshRobert ThomasKale Clague
36-0Taylor RaddyshJordan KyrouSam Steel
37-0Jonah GadjovichMichael McLeodDrake Batherson
38-0Drake BathersonJonah Gadjovich Cale Makar
39-0Cal FooteBrett HowdenMaxime Comtois
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brown had 3 apples as well.

How would you guys rank our top 5 prospects?

My list would be.

1.Batherson
2.Brown
3.Jaros
4.Formenton
5.White

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Does anyone watch the belleville games? I noticed White is having a tough year in +/- so far and he missed a bunch of games.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brown
Jaros
White
Batherson
Formenton
Chlapik

Really? Jaros that high? I haven't watched enough Belleville to know one way or another, but have always liked what I've seen of him. Is this more about not being high on White?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really? Jaros that high? I haven't watched enough Belleville to know one way or another, but have always liked what I've seen of him. Is this more about not being high on White?
Partially. I believe that Jaros will be a top 4 D in the NHL. Along with being huge, he can skate, move the puck, shoot the puck, and play physical. Aside from Chabot and Karlsson, Jaros impresses me the most of all the D in our organization.

I have admittedly not been high on White since we drafted him, but see him as a shoe in to be a 3rd line guy in the NHL.

What Batherson is showing is unreal, but I don't want to put him too high before we see him more. Projection wise, I like his skillset more than White's.

Formenton I believe is a shoe in to be a 3rd line/ PK/energy weapon. Great NHLer. I don't think his ceiling is very high, but I have been wrong many, many times before.

I've been very high on Chlapik since before he was a Sen. I think he can be a 2nd/3rd line winger. Thinks the game to well to not carve out a career.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Partially. I believe that Jaros will be a top 4 D in the NHL. Along with being huge, he can skate, move the puck, shoot the puck, and play physical. Aside from Chabot and Karlsson, Jaros impresses me the most of all the D in our organization.

I have admittedly not been high on White since we drafted him, but see him as a shoe in to be a 3rd line guy in the NHL.

What Batherson is showing is unreal, but I don't want to put him too high before we see him more. Projection wise, I like his skillset more than White's.

Formenton I believe is a shoe in to be a 3rd line/ PK/energy weapon. Great NHLer. I don't think his ceiling is very high, but I have been wrong many, many times before.

I've been very high on Chlapik since before he was a Sen. I think he can be a 2nd/3rd line winger. Thinks the game to well to not carve out a career.

I feel like Formenton might carve out a career like Fisher or Vermette. Probably not as good but his speed and willingness to do everything to win should make for an elite 3rd line player.

Batherson has all the tools and I think it's more likely that he becomes a #1C than Brown. Although I don't expect Brown to be anything less then a 2C barring injuries.

Jaros is a poor man's Subban.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel like Formenton might carve out a career like Fisher or Vermette. Probably not as good but his speed and willingness to do everything to win should make for an elite 3rd line player.

Batherson has all the tools and I think it's more likely that he becomes a #1C than Brown. Although I don't expect Brown to be anything less then a 2C barring injuries.

Jaros is a poor man's Subban.

Vermette seems like a good comparable for Formenton to me. Jaros as a poor mans Subban though... Idk. Subban is a fantastic skater, very agile out there. He's also got far more offensive skills. I just don't see the comparison at all, but my viewings are pretty limited.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is Chabot no longer a prospect? Ottawa has a decent stock pile of good prospects coming as does a lot of teams.

1. Chabot - LD - top pairing defenceman
2. Brown - 1st or 2nd line C/LW
3. White - 2nd or 3rd line C/RW
4. Batherson - 2nd or 3rd line RW/C
5. Chlapik - 2nd or 3rd line LW/C
6. Formenton - 2nd or 3rd line LW
7. Jaros - RD - 2nd or 3rd pair defenceman
8. Hogberg - potential #1 goalie
9. Harpur - LD/RD - 2nd or 3rd pair defenceman
10. Paul - 3rd or 4th line LW
11. Gagne - 3rd or 4th line RW
12. Perron - 2nd or 3rd line LW