Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I thought after White/Chabot i wouldn't be excited for another WJC in a while for Sens related players.

Guesssssss im wronggggggggggg. First time Im gonna clearly cheer for Canada at any hockey level in a while
Not sure how much ice time Batherson and Formenton are gonna get though.

Cbgrinder

Jun 30, 2017
Formenton's gotten a fair shake so far.

We'll see about Batherson.

I have a feeling Drake will be playing third or fourth line and might get a chance to move up as the tournament progresses. His ability to play a physical game and grind and cycle will be huge without a big offensive "stud" up front this year. Plus his ability to distribute the puck and vision may give him a chance at getting some pp time.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Formenton probably also has a good shot next year too.

Brown/Formenton/Batherson - would be fun to see all three tear it up. Do we have any other prospects on other teams?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Formenton probably also has a good shot next year too.

Brown/Formenton/Batherson - would be fun to see all three tear it up. Do we have any other prospects on other teams?
Think Nurmi made the finnish squad.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope Batherson can carve a spot out but it looks like he will be an alternate with Steeebergen to start.. He's given himself a chance.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Not much action from Sens prospects outside World Juniors, here is one:

Joey Daccord had a forgettable weekend. He was pulled in his start on Saturday.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I hope Batherson can carve a spot out but it looks like he will be an alternate with Steeebergen to start.. He's given himself a chance.

I am not that familiar with Steenbergen so would someone mind providing some insight if they can? I know at that age any of them will run around and hit but Batherson seems to have that edge to him and then the combo of finish/play-maker so what would put Steenbergen ahead of him?

Batherson has been full of surprises for a couple of years now so let's hope he pulls it off at the WJHC again for us1

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I am not that familiar with Steenbergen so would someone mind providing some insight if they can? I know at that age any of them will run around and hit but Batherson seems to have that edge to him and then the combo of finish/play-maker so what would put Steenbergen ahead of him?

Batherson has been full of surprises for a couple of years now so let's hope he pulls it off at the WJHC again for us1
Look up Steenbergen's goal scoring numbers of late and you'll see why.

IIRC something like ~86 in his most recent 99 games. Of course I'm hoping as well that Batherson can play his way up the lineup, especially now that Dube might be injured. But it doesn't surprise me to see Steenbergen given the benefit of the doubt coming into pre-tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->