Prospect Info: Senators Prospects Watch 2017/2018

Which 2017 prospect will break out this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
So...seems like a good chance Formenton is in.

Odds on Batherson making it?
Formenton is basically a lock at this point, Batherson highly likely. IMO of course.

Batherson was always going to be a longer shot but FWIW alot of posters in the WJC Canada thread have Batherson making it. Take that as you will.

Batherson was also on McKenzie's "frontrunners" list even before camps were announced (aka the guys who were just below locks).

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
just read that windsor traded their topscorer in luchuk. wonder what's going to happen to brown now

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Forwards Lind (#33 2017), Glass (#6 2017), Ang (#94 2016) released.
2 more forwards left to be cut after today's game.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Who you think will be cut?
My guess is Kaspick and Batherson (sadly for Drake that RW depth is too good)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
How good is Alex Formenton?
Superscout:
His assessment on Alex Formenton back in September, 2017.
From the Ottawa Senators Forum

You want the REAL scoop on Alex Formenton, here it is:
5'6", 120lbs in his OHL draft yr. Selected 216th (11th rnd).
Played one yr Tier II with Aurora Tigers and grew.
Came to Ldn's camp last September at 6'1", 157lbs.
Finished 1st overall in on-ice testing at CHL Top Prospects testing in Quebec City
and 4th overall in off-ice testing despite being "rail thin" and recorded the best vertical leap.
Reported to Ldn's camp in August prior to going to Sens Main Camp and came in at 6'2", 179lbs.
He has proven "hockey experts" wrong his entire life and continues to do so.
Elite skater who is hungry to succeed and has an edge.
Ton of upside here.
Very similar "hands haven't caught up to his feet" comparable to
Andreas Athasanaous in his rookie yr in Ldn.
Helluva Pick

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He really never looked good, made many errors through camp, similar to his Vegas training camp.

He's a 99', he will be back next year.

I really can't see Batherson being cut. Especially with the guys who are behind the bench.

If I were to guess, Kaspick and Comtois will be released. I love Comtois, really wanted him last year, and the coaches are familiar with him, but I think he is left off for one of the older players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No big surprise with Nurmi's upside.. he keeps plugging along though

I liked what I saw in Nurmi during the develoment camp & said so. He's a big body with plenty of speed & what really impressed me were his hands. He's got really good hands in close & scored a couple of beauty goals in a couple of scrimmages. I don't recall how he did in the prospects game they had at the Kanata Rec Centre but at the Sensplex drills & scrimmages he was impressive.

However, for me Batherson was the guy who stood out the most because he was hitting guys & flying out there everytime I saw him. Formenton was good too & Brown had his moments as did Chabot, Chlapik, Jaros & White. IMO Ottawa has a number of very good prospects, hopefully they all become good NHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad