Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

blair7

Aug 4, 2010
Lindberg with another goal and assist. 7-3 Oshawa 10 minutes left in the game.

RuthlessLieutenant

Sep 4, 2009
Kingston
Prospect Update 26-10-2014

Player | Position | League | GP | G | A | P | +/- | PIM
Fredrik Claesson|D|AHL|6|0|3|3|-5|2
Ryan Dzingel|C|AHL|5|2|0|2|+1|0
Dave Dziurzynski|LW|AHL|3|0|0|0|0|12
Derek Grant|C|AHL|6|3|1|4|+1|4
Alex Guptill|LW|AHL|3|0|0|0|-1|0
Darren Kramer|LW|AHL|6|0|1|1|-2|17
Max McCormick|LW|AHL|5|0|1|1|0|5
Jean-Gabriel Pageau|C|AHL|6|1|1|2|+2|2
Shane Prince|LW|AHL|6|2|3|5|-1|0
Matt Puempel|LW|AHL|6|1|2|3|+1|5
Buddy Robinson|RW|AHL|6|2|2|4|+2|2
Michael Sdao|D|AHL|6|0|1|1|+3|25
Chris Wideman|D|AHL|6|2|4|6|+5|4
Robert Baillargeon|C|NCAA|1|1|0|1|0|0
Tim Boyle|D|NCAA III|2|1|0|1||0
Shane Eiserman|LW|NCAA|3|1|0|1|0|2
Chris Leblanc|RW|NCAA|0|0|0|0|0|0
Quentin Shore|C/RW|NCAA|2|1|3|4|+2|0
Kelly Summers|D|NCAA|2|0|0|0|0|2
Miles Gendron|D|BCHL|11|1|1|2|0|10
Ben Harpur|D|OHL|7|2|5|7|+5|10
Tobias Lindberg|RW|OHL|13|7|10|17|+6|2
Nick Paul|LW|OHL|11|10|4|14|+8|16
Vincent Dunn|LW|QMJHL|15|6|3|9|-1|53
Francis Perron|RW|QMJHL|13|6|8|14|+3|4
Andreas Englund|D|SHL|15|1|2|3|-4|20
Mikael Wikstrand|D|SHL|13|2|2|4|+2|2

Goaltender | League | GP | W | L | OT | GAA | SV% | SO
Chris Driedger|ECHL|0|0|0|0|0|-|0
Marcus Hogberg|SHL|6|3|2|0|2.64|.909|0
*Statistics taken from eliteprospects and team websites

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I knew Lindberg was gonna kill the O, one of the best decisions he has made in his development

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
man, Gendron.... yikes.

Bad pick is bad 11 games in

Three thoughts on Gendron:

1) Meh, he's still learning a new position, who was one of the youngest players drafted, who isn't even old enough to play NCAA hockey yet. So there is some context to consider.

2) Despite points made in #1 - he looks like a bust right now, sure. Can't hit on all your draft picks... but I think he deserves more than 14 games for that "bust" label to stick.

3) 2014 Draft is one of the worst of the last decade. I said it a year ago, I said it at the draft, and I'm saying it now. I'm still of the mindset that Englund is the only guy we drafted who will see more than 5 NHL games in their career. Gendron, Eiserman, Summers, Perron... all extreme long-shot, hail-mary draft picks. The 2014 draft lacked depth at almost all levels. Not confident in any of those guys to be any more than system depth.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also, re: Gendron

- You can't trust American H.S. players. Completely unreliable. They "show" better at the draft because they play in rec leagues, for all intents & purposes... and as soon as they're playing against actual competition, they fold worse than this analogy that I'm currently failing at making.

Bust far more than they should. Stay away.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Three thoughts on Gendron:

1) Meh, he's still learning a new position, who was one of the youngest players drafted, who isn't even old enough to play NCAA hockey yet. So there is some context to consider.

2) Despite points made in #1 - he looks like a bust right now, sure. Can't hit on all your draft picks... but I think he deserves more than 14 games for that "bust" label to stick.

3) 2014 Draft is one of the worst of the last decade. I said it a year ago, I said it at the draft, and I'm saying it now. I'm still of the mindset that Englund is the only guy we drafted who will see more than 5 NHL games in their career. Gendron, Eiserman, Summers, Perron... all extreme long-shot, hail-mary draft picks. The 2014 draft lacked depth at almost all levels. Not confident in any of those guys to be any more than system depth.

Think you are correct, sadly. Hopeful that Englund is the one "gem" in the draft. Perron had a good start, but plays a position we already have good depth to. Englund could be a guy we'll really appreciate if it works out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Gendron is fine guys. He was a project pick made to develop in the BCHL and then NCAA. The points are not there, but his offensive, and defensive IQ are top notch (my cousin plays on his team)

He also told me that Dante Fabbro should be a high 1st round pick next year, for what it's worth

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wouldn't worry about gendron. He's young. Learning a new position. Isn't he already an elite skater?

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Also, re: Gendron

- You can't trust American H.S. players. Completely unreliable. They "show" better at the draft because they play in rec leagues, for all intents & purposes... and as soon as they're playing against actual competition, they fold worse than this analogy that I'm currently failing at making.

Bust far more than they should. Stay away.

This is exactly why a good scout should pay attention.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't worry about gendron. He's young. Learning a new position. Isn't he already an elite skater?

I seem to recall him being called one of the best skaters in the draft (second to only Deangelo if you beleive the scouting reports).

My guess is that as a fresh convert to D, he's being asked to focus on the defensive end. I've always been of the opinion that if you can skate, you can play. He's a long term project that will get lost of time to work on his deficiencies as he's taking the college route, and he's got a projectable frame. If he'd always been a defenseman, I might worry, but as a guy who's new to the position, I'm happy to give some leeway.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I seem to recall him being called one of the best skaters in the draft (second to only Deangelo if you beleive the scouting reports).

My guess is that as a fresh convert to D, he's being asked to focus on the defensive end. I've always been of the opinion that if you can skate, you can play. He's a long term project that will get lost of time to work on his deficiencies as he's taking the college route, and he's got a projectable frame. If he'd always been a defenseman, I might worry, but as a guy who's new to the position, I'm happy to give some leeway.

I might worry about a 4-5 year project in year 1 if I watched him play and he was awful. Even then I probably wouldn't care much because he's one of many prospects and he's a 4-5 year project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese