Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Francis Perron with 1 goal and 2 assists today ! 9 goals and 12 assists on the season in 16 games now!!

LATE ROUND STEAL!!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Really curious if he makes the WJC, we need our prospects in those big games

His chances must be pretty good. We know he's on their radar and these performances will only justify taking him over some higher profile offensive talents.

TC likes to bring their big checkers to these tournament for better or worse. Who's Paul's competition this year? Guys like Horvat and Lazar are already in the NHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
His chances must be pretty good. We know he's on their radar and these performances will only justify taking him over some higher profile offensive talents.

TC likes to bring their big checkers to these tournament for better or worse. Who's Paul's competition this year? Guys like Horvat and Lazar are already in the NHL.

Baptiste, Klimchuk, Nastasiuk, Dickinson, Chase (who threw a tantrum in Calgary recently), Bertuzzi and Perlini (Out with Injury thus far).

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Speaking of Horvat... Why was he able to play in the AHL this year? He's 19 y/o like Lazar...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Speaking of Horvat... Why was he able to play in the AHL this year? He's 19 y/o like Lazar...

He made the Canucks out of camp, got hurt, and was sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint, which is allowed. They called him back up to the Canucks recently, and he can't go back to the AHL for any reason other than another conditioning stint. It's still NHL or WHL for him this season, injuries aside.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
St-Laurent says Harpur signing is about to get announced.

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 38m38 minutes ago Ottawa, Ontario
Les #Sens devraient sous peu annoncer la mise sous contrat de l'espoir Ben Harpur (@bharpur07). #ledroit

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
St-Laurent says Harpur signing is about to get announced.

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 38m38 minutes ago Ottawa, Ontario
Les #Sens devraient sous peu annoncer la mise sous contrat de l'espoir Ben Harpur (@bharpur07). #ledroit

Nice.

Good for him, he deserves it.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Tobias Lindberg is in the Top 20 for OHL scoring, still sticking with my prediction that he finishes in the top 10, after further adjustment to the league/ice

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Lindberg and Paul in the top 20 of OHL scoring will go a long way to good drafting players outside The first 3 rounds

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Most players drafted in 3rd-4th rounds are PPG in juniors as 19 yo.
We'll be lucky if Paul or Lindberg have any sort of NHL careers.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Most players drafted in 3rd-4th rounds are PPG in juniors as 19 yo.
We'll be lucky if Paul or Lindberg have any sort of NHL careers.

That is just incorrect

Including Linberg, Paul and Harpur (who will not keep it up) only 6 guys from the 4th round in 2013 are PPG

From the same draft, in the 3rd round, there are 7, not including Duclair.

Obviously all these guys play in different leagues.

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
That is just incorrect

Including Linberg, Paul and Harpur (who will not keep it up) only 6 guys from the 4th round in 2013 are PPG

I meant forwards in juniors obviously. Being a PPG in AHL/KHL/SEL/NCAA at this age is whole other level and future star potential.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That is just incorrect

So we have 3 out of 13?

FWIW, I counted 9 in the 2nd round, though there are lots of goalies, Sel, and college players so that's actually a high portion of those who actually have a chance.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So we have 3 out of 13?

FWIW, I counted 9 in the 2nd round, though there are lots of goalies, Sel, and college players so that's actually a high portion of those who actually have a chance.

I didn't count the guys with 2 points in 2 games.

There were a number of goalies. I should have clarified that as it does make the numbers I posted, which are already muddy, seem better than they are.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I meant forwards in juniors obviously. Being a PPG in AHL/KHL/SEL/NCAA at this age is whole other level and future star potential.

About half the players drafted in the 4th and 3rd that year were from the CHL, and some have opted to play in the CHL this year like Lindberg.

His point stands that it's not really the norm as only 13 players of 30+ are doing it. Now some are goalies, and D, so maybe looking solely at forwards yields a different result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad