Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

I'm really rooting for Dunn. I get the feeling this guy will fin his way into the nhl whether its with Ottawa or another team

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm really rooting for Dunn. I get the feeling this guy will fin his way into the nhl whether its with Ottawa or another team

Same. He has the heart, skill and tenacity that one needs to succeed in this league. I'd love to have Dunn pan out for us.

He's my darkhorse favourite after Noesen left.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dunn picking it up big time after slow start.

6 points, 3 goals, 13 PIM, +1 in last 4 games played.

Lmfao @ 53 PIM already in only 16 games.

are those 53 minutes made up of good penalties (fighting, illegal hit to the heaD, BOARDING, coming off the bench ) (( by good i mean calls involving tenacity)) or bad (hooking, holding high stick) ((bad= penalties taken because of low IQ and inability to keep up with the pace

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Me too, when I read some posters, I'm always wondering "where the heck do they get their ideas"...

Funniest part was "or bad (hooking, holding high stick) ((bad= penalties taken because of low IQ...". The rest is just facepalm worthy wow, hit to head/boarding = tenacity... Just when you thought you have read everything on HF...

I gess RoR has no tenacity...

And I logout again

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Me too, when I read some posters, I'm always wondering "where the heck do they get their ideas"...

Funniest part was "or bad (hooking, holding high stick) ((bad= penalties taken because of low IQ...". The rest is just facepalm worthy wow, hit to head/boarding = tenacity... Just when you thought you have read everything on HF...

I gess RoR has no tenacity...

And I logout again

haha i realized when i wrote it that it had come off the wrong way.
i would rather a player get ZERO penalties..so i dono why or how i took a shot at ROR.

BUT if youre going to take a penalty i would rather it be for somethign SUCH AS... Grybas penalty on tuesday.. illegal hit to the head.. deemed legal but call regardless.

oh you disagree that a hooking call is a bad penalty to take?
i would rather a guy take a five minute major for fighting, than a 4 minute for high sticking.
i think its a pretty easy concept

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
... I... um...

... what?

did you like grybas hit on tuesday? i sure did. he got called for illegal hit to the heAD.
how about the hit on boro? i liked it. boro turned...

whats the point of pointing out someones penalty minutes if its all hooks and holds....
that brings nothign to our team except more bad penalties.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
If there was no suspension on his illegal hit to the head in OHL then most likely it was a nothing hit and there is not much to talk about.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
i would rather a player get ZERO penalties..so i dono why or how i took a shot at ROR.

BUT if youre going to take a penalty i would rather it be for somethign SUCH AS... Grybas penalty on tuesday.. illegal hit to the head.. deemed legal but call regardless.

i would rather a guy take a five minute major for fighting, than a 4 minute for high sticking.

I see what you mean.

Bad line change by your teammates and being forced to hook a guy to prevent a breakaway = good penalty.

Gliding around or not paying attention and having to hook a guy because of that = bad penalty.

Sticking up for your teammates after a dirty hit = good penalty.

Trying to be a smart ass and getting called for a facewash (or other baiting-type behavior) when the other guy skates away = bad penalty.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Stating someone penaltiy minutes is incredibly miss leading. There's the penalties for being over zealous and maybe boarding a guy (the result is bad, but the intent to get something going is good)

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Interesting...Da Costa currently has the second highest ppg of any player to ever play in the KHL outside Malkin. Admittedly its a very small sample size though

Radulov and Kovalchuck currently have better PPG. Unless you mean rookie or something.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Radulov and Kovalchuck currently have better PPG. Unless you mean rookie or something.

I believe he means total career numbers... which also doesnt make much sense to me.

As for your rookie guess, Malkin was about .4ppg in his rookie year so its not that either. I'm as confused as you.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Career wise. I could be wrong though. Malkin has the highest ppg of any player to ever play in the KHL well DaCosta is second

people cant be too surprised by da costas play.. its the NHL minus the skill, minus the contact and a lot more room to maneover
you know what, iw ouldnt mind him playing 2c see for us right now, i wonder if he would be fairing better than zibanjead

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I'm not going to follow up on this. I pretty much disagree with everything you say most of the time... Tonight in the GDT it was painful and now my forehead hurts. I'll leave it at that, I really understand the game differently as you do... Did you ever play?

Most of the time, a hooking call is pure laziness or just a bad reaction/reflex and not a lack of IQ (lmao). But I'm sure you are never lazy in whatever you do.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not going to follow up on this. I pretty much disagree with everything you say most of the time... Tonight in the GDT it was painful and now my forehead hurts. I'll leave it at that, I really understand the game differently as you do... Did you ever play?

Most of the time, a hooking call is pure laziness or just a bad reaction/reflex and not a lack of IQ (lmao). But I'm sure you are never lazy in whatever you do.

I'm actually pretty notorious for being lazy in sports. At least now in my old(er) age. Low IQ leads to bad positioning. Leads to having to hook and hold. (Not all the time.) is there disagreement there.
Man you disagree with me. Go easy on my feeling now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And he's 6'4"!!

Also an amazing defensive forward. I think that gets missed out a lot. It's what makes his accomplishment so much more amazing. He's a defense first forward who's scoring at a ridiculous rate. Will definitely cool off but I hope not by much!

The question with Paul is if he can score enough offensively to have more than bottom 6 future in NHL... so far so good, Nick!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Career wise. I could be wrong though. Malkin has the highest ppg of any player to ever play in the KHL well DaCosta is second

IMO Malkin is the best Russian player to have ever played in the NHL, the numbers don't lie, two league scoring titles, two MVPs & a few Stanley Cups. Look at everything this guy has won in his career including internationally, it's amazing, he is so much better than OV at both ends of the ice. And before someone says it's because he plays with Crosby he won MVP awards in yrs when Crosby was out long term with injuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgeni_Malkin

And he's 6'4"!!

Nick Paul is really turning into an interesting prospect to watch & wouldn't hurt Ottawa to have some size & skill on the left side. He already has NHL size & can play centre or left wing which gives him some versatility. Hopefully he keeps it up.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Nick Paul is really turning into an interesting prospect to watch & wouldn't hurt Ottawa to have some size & skill on the left side. He already has NHL size & can play centre or left wing which gives him some versatility. Hopefully he keeps it up.

There's a YT video of a goal Paul scored in a game last week. Impressive inside-outside move on the d-man then a nice short side shot. Showed very quick hands and feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->