Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Is he a "great skater"? From what I saw in the summer he looked okay, especially for his size, but I'd be hard pressed to call him a great skater.

I have never watched him live, only tv/online, so I am not the guy to ask about that and I don't want to say something that's not correct. I was just going by my limited viewings and some quotes from the Sens and Hockey Canada.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
None of the comparisons I've read so far come close to Paul, imo.

He plays like Jamie Benn-lite. Hanzal/Anisimov type player. Guys who are tall and can lay the body, play full ice and just really smart players with long reach and nose for the net.

Of course I'm talking playing styles, not production. I still needa watch more games to get a read on that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
None of the comparisons I've read so far come close to Paul, imo.

He plays like Jamie Benn-lite. Hanzal/Anisimov type player. Guys who are tall and can lay the body, play full ice and just really smart players with long reach and nose for the net.

Of course I'm talking playing styles, not production. I still needa watch more games to get a read on that.
I can see hanzal/anisimov. I actually really see hanzal.

Othello*

On other news Noesen is out for four months. Six games played the past two years

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Isn't Noesen's projection very comparable to Lazars?

i think so. guy has the potential to be a beast if he can stay healthy and put everything together. one of those players that always seem to do better when the pressure was on. he had a high ppg in the playoffs than the regular season. played penalty kill, power play, down a goal, up a goal, first minute of the game and last minute of the game. i was upset we traded him, actually.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
On other news Noesen is out for four months. Six games played the past two years

wow poor guy, looks more and more like a Jarrod Maidens case (even if injuries are different)... Making the NHL is very hard so IF he can still pull it off after missing so much key development time, hats off.

He injured his Achilles

Really sucks. Also sucks that it would probably have to be brought up in the inevitable HF "who won the trade"

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He injured his Achilles

So he'll effectively be out of hockey until he's almost 23 years old? He'll still be a rookie in the AHL after basically sitting out two full seasons of the most important developmental time a prospect can have... and then still another year or two until his Achilles is "back to normal" (assuming it ever is)?

That's a tough hurdle to overcome. I'm not confident.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Tweet from Corey Pronman on Twitter:

@coreypronman 6m6 minutes ago
In OSH-NB strong firsts for Paul/Lindberg-OTT, Wood-COL, Smith-CGY, Dal Colle-NYI. Flashes from Liberati-VAN.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tweet from Corey Pronman on Twitter:

2-1 Gens. 1+1 for Lindberg, 1A for Paul.

I watch a replay of the 67s against the Generals a few weeks ago and wasn't too excited about Lindberg but he was on his 3rd game in 3 nights so I kept that in mind.

Watched a national broadcast of a Gens game and was much more impressed, used his speed pretty well, can protect the puck in the neutral zone. He seems to be improving a ton. Makes me really wish Zib would have played a full season in Junior after being drafted.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, I feel devastated for Noesen. The guy has top 6 potential and he's every coaches dream.

I still think he'll make something out of himself, injuries have played big toll on him before and he's overcome it, hopefully he can do it again but this is proving to be too much for any young player.

You always want to win a trade and hope the guys going the other way don't pan out as you'd expect but never like this.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Watched parts of the NB-OSH game.
A couple of nice assists from Paul and Lindberg and one hell of a snap shot by Lindberg for a GWG. Lindberg got a first star of the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad