Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't quite understand this statement. Are you saying our scouts didn't catch something that some posters on this board did instantly?

He is saying that the Scouts saw something, in their actual viewings, that the posters here, who have literally never seen him play a meaningful game, haven't seen reading the box scores 11 games into the first of a projected 5 years of project

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He is saying that the Scouts saw something, in their actual viewings, that the posters here, who have literally never seen him play a meaningful game, haven't seen reading the box scores 11 games into the first of a projected 5 years of project
Ah I thought the opposite side of the argument was being taken.

Yeah. We just drafted him. In a Weak draft. He's been an Ottawa prospect for 11 games.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Although I agree with this, I was saying it because some players do come out of American hs but scouts don't watch it closely. If you're a good scout, you
May see a guy with a reasonable chance, and you're likely to get him in the 5th or 6th.

Just like scouting tier 2 in Canada. Obscurity, within reason, can be a great place to be.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Although I agree with this, I was saying it because some players do come out of American hs but scouts don't watch it closely. If you're a good scout, you
May see a guy with a reasonable chance, and you're likely to get him in the 5th or 6th.

Just like scouting tier 2 in Canada. Obscurity, within reason, can be a great place to be.

I've read a few places that said gendron was a round 3-4 talent. Chances are. Our scouts saw gendron play.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I totally agree with this, with the caveat being that I think U.S. Highschool hockey is overscouted and overhyped.

I just don't think that the High School leagues fall under the "obscurity" label anymore. You can definitely find NHLers in the High School ranks, obviously... I'm curious to see what the High School bust ratio is like compared to other leagues. I still think that American High Schoolers are more prone to bust. Just my quick thin-slicing of past drafts speaking, though. I'd love to see the numbers.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I totally agree with this, with the caveat being that I think U.S. Highschool hockey is overscouted and overhyped.

I just don't think that the High School leagues fall under the "obscurity" label anymore. You can definitely find NHLers in the High School ranks, obviously... I'm curious to see what the High School bust ratio is like compared to other leagues. I still think that American High Schoolers are more prone to bust. Just my quick thin-slicing of past drafts speaking, though. I'd love to see the numbers.

I'm under the impression the amount selected is pretty low from us hs, no?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Definitely have to take into account that it's often a league where 13-year-old freshmen are playing alongside 18-year-old seniors. There's a massive gap between the high end talent and the scrub kids in USHS.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Interesting...Da Costa currently has the second highest ppg of any player to ever play in the KHL outside Malkin. Admittedly its a very small sample size though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille