SEMIN: Unjust victim of a systematic process of intimidation, manipulation, and scape

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Tripp's attitude probably changed because back then Semin gave Trip that exclusive interview complete with Tripp's 'attempt' at speaking the Russian language. Tripp's probably upset Semin doesn't want to hang out with him anymore. Can you blame Semin?
JR gave out contracts with NTC's, RF should provide automatic restraining orders from Tripp in all UFA contracts. He's a fanboy, garden gnome with a mic and dressing room access. Creepy.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What has changed is the quality of his center.

Also small sample size. That's the main issue with the vitrol towatds Semin, its so personal over so little.

It's a small sample size this season. Not so much when you take into account Semin's career. Let's not act like this isn't the first time Semin's effort/heart has been questioned. And while some "journalists" took it to extreme levels, the accusations out of the Washington lockerroom weren't completely unfounded.

Tripp's attitude probably changed because back then Semin gave Trip that exclusive interview complete with Tripp's 'attempt' at speaking the Russian language. Tripp's probably upset Semin doesn't want to hang out with him anymore. Can you blame Semin?

To be fair to Tripp, if you go back to before the Canes signed Semin (but were rumored to be interested in him), Tripp was upfront about his doubts regarding Semin's effort levels.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Semin's worth to fan's eyes and evidently Tripp Tracy will forever be linked to his stats. If he's not producing at a high clip, he's the king of the enigmatic Russians. If he's a ppg player, he's a completely underrated all around forward. There's unfortunately no middle ground with him...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You people just don't get it.

36alk0.jpg

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
You people just don't get it.
That's so unfair. I understand one of the posters tried so hard to make his point he slammed and broke his keyboard on the desk. That's passion, fire and effort all rolled into one. A kind of Seminal moment.

Also, who are you calling "you people?" Sounds slanderous.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Thought Semin looked fine last night, outside of the end execution. Lots of different ways to describe it. Off his game, timing's off, yips, in a funk, etc... None of those things have anything to do with 'trying harder' or 'caring.' Those seem to be the only words people have to explain skilled players struggling however.

Just like people can't tell that small fast players aren't "trying harder," they just are smaller and faster so they play the game a slightly different way.

Theoretically, most of the people here have played sports, and have had varied success from night to night based on 'feeling it' or 'not feeling it.' We see it in every sport with every player. It's weird that the concept always seems so foreign to people in discussions when it is so common.

At the same time, people getting mad announcers are crazily talking about actual scores of the games, and not the theoretical scores based on Corsi events are being silly as well.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Tracy used to run down Semin and repeat the bs narrative constantly before he signed with the Hurricanes. he then became Semin's biggest fan boy. I found that interview he did with Semin to be hypocritical and frankly nauseating. the changes in Tracy's attitude toward Semin speaks loud and clear about his character not Alex's. the guy is so utterly transparent. and he's not the only one. I'm very surprised and disappointed with Forslund stooping to this level. others, I expect it. it's really appalling and shameful how Semin is being treated. why management or Peters hasn't made some sort of statement about it either way is confusing and troublesome. if it continues anymore at all it's going to get completely out of hand. the team doesn't need this ridiculous distraction. I can't imagine any other player being subjected to this to this degree.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
That Maniscalco and Forslund would say those things openly about Semin, and yet in the same breath defend Staal till the bitter end is all you need to know.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
the year Semin came to Carolina the TEA line was dominant and one of the best in the NHL. last year injuries, Muller, etc. happened and this year has been a slow start with a new coach and more injury. how things and attitudes change so quickly. IIRC, Giroux didn't score a goal for 12 games last year and the Rangers had a horrible start for example.
it is possible that Staal and Semin just as suddenly gain their confidence and find their game, that the team meshes within the new system and they all surprise us. who knows? the only thing that is certain is that it is still very early in the season. anything can happen. most people expect that it takes time with a new coach and all.

Tripp Tracy and the rest......well, I'm tired of hearing anything they have to say already. can't stand any of them. I can only imagine how the players feel about them all.

just already sick of all the negativity 5 games in Christ. if it keeps up there's going to be one hell of a blow up of some kind within this team.

edit: Forslund and Maniscalco = just disgraceful........................

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Thought Semin looked fine last night, outside of the end execution. Lots of different ways to describe it. Off his game, timing's off, yips, in a funk, etc... None of those things have anything to do with 'trying harder' or 'caring.' Those seem to be the only words people have to explain skilled players struggling however.

This is what I don't get. I'm trying to look for his "lack of effort" and am just not seeing it. I see a guy struggling with confidence and second guessing himself, which is probably exacerbated by not trusting his linemates (to be clear, that's on him, not his linemates). I know it's getting repeated ad nauseam, but swap EStaal and Semin through the first 5 games, would people be scapegoating him to the same degree they are Semin? Or would it be chalked up to <insert excuse here>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad