SEMIN: Unjust victim of a systematic process of intimidation, manipulation, and scape

Status
Not open for further replies.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
After tonight's game I firmly believe Semin is about to fall victim UNJUSTLY to a systematic process of intimidation, manipulation, and scapegoating, the likes of which have never before been seen in professional sports.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Nah. Just more of the same.

The club wants to blame someone. They've chosen Semin. They'll sit him crying accountability, and nothing will change.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
After tonight's game I firmly believe Semin is about to fall victim UNJUSTLY to a systematic process of intimidation, manipulation, and scapegoating, the likes of which have never before been seen in professional sports.

I thought that was the problem in Washington?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I just need to know - is this systematic persecution being perpetuated by John Forslund (lauded by this board as a top 3 broadcaster nationwide), Ron Francis (lauded by this board as one of the smartest men in hockey, and de facto leader of this organization), or indeed is it JR himself pulling the puppet strings? Pretty much the same thing happened last year.....everyone remember North-South???

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Semin did kinda suck tonight.

Semin's Advanced Stats, for those not keeping track:

0 goals against while he was on the ice
1 goal for while he was on the ice

Beautiful fairy skating while he was on the ice
Ugly dwarf skating while he was off the ice

Zero accountability while he was on the ice
Infinite accountability while he was off the ice

Tripp was inexplicably angry while he was on the ice
John was languid and comfortable while he was off the ice

Stellar compete level while he was off the ice
Drunken monkey kung fu hockey while he was on the ice

Great two-way play denied M.T. Knett from the scoresheet. Don't overlook that.

He's worth every penny of that $7 million. I'm glad the Caps agreed to pay it.

--hank

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I just need to know - is this systematic persecution being perpetuated by John Forslund (lauded by this board as a top 3 broadcaster nationwide), Ron Francis (lauded by this board as one of the smartest men in hockey, and de facto leader of this organization), or indeed is it JR himself pulling the puppet strings? Pretty much the same thing happened last year.....everyone remember North-South???

JR singled Semin out in an orchestrated press conference during a period of fan discontent and so doing, not only discussed Semin's production and "North-South" but also questioned his give a damn level and work ethic after signing his contract, comparing his play to the period before he signed the extention, and then becoming complacent. JR also mentioned something about Russia but I don't recall the details. that's what folks objected to. it wasn't a simple "player is playing poorly and has to be better" speech.
It was also during a time when Eric Staal, Jordan Staal and Cam Ward were also playing poorly yet JR made exceptions and excuses for them.
This seems much worse to me, especially since we are only 5 games in with other possible contributing factors.

as an aside, it was interesting that that other authoritative goofball, Mike Maniscalco referred to those fans that support Semin as being "Seminites". obviously he is aware that there is a backlash and that many fans find the attacks on Semin to be over board. yet he says, "so be it" and continues with the narratives. Semin does have many supporters.

something else is clearly going on here. curious that we have heard nothing from Bill Peters.

Last edited:

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011

You're being too kind.

He's the laziest hockey player I've ever seen.

I don't care if we don't win a game all year as long as the kids are working and learning.

And he's possibly the worst player in the league to have on a team of young guys.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country

I don't think anyone can watch him play lately and say he isn't struggling. his game is off and he appears to be lacking confidence. he's slow and indecisive. his passing is off and his shot is well, very average. we don't know why but he is clearly frustrated. it should go without saying that he cares.

again however, there are many good players in the same boat. it happens every year. he's not the first nor will he be the last. he'll pull out of it. we don't know what's going on for him right now, although some have obviously come up with some theories. I don't know how some of these media guys can look in the mirror. it's a scuzzy job IMO.

right now he's neither hurting nor helping the team but he'll get through it I'm sure. these are times when players need support and band together as a team, not dump on a guy, especially one of the best players. hopefully Peters sees it that way.

any way, Semin's not the only guy.....

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
You're being too kind.

He's the laziest hockey player I've ever seen.

I don't care if we don't win a game all year as long as the kids are working and learning.

And he's possibly the worst player in the league to have on a team of young guys.

I guess a few people like yourself see it that way. many don't. tbh, if this uncalled for harassment of Semin continues, I'd like to see him traded to a contender for picks so that he could go play with guys that can play at his level rather than a team of AHL all stars. much like Gaborik did. Semin doesn't need this crap at this point in his career. Semin's not the problem on this team no matter what the storyline being told to fans is.
it's funny to me that he is the only guy on this team of floating stars that gets singled out in Carolina. trade him and Staal etc. and lets see how long it takes these "kids" to be successful. lol......

bluedevil58*

giphy.gif

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
time will tell but it doesn't look good so far. it certainly wouldn't surprise me at all.

Peters is a question mark though. is he a guy the would condone scapegoating of one of his players? he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to me. he was brought in saying he was a communicator. a guy Francis wanted to be able to deal with players as individuals with a variety of personalities.

however, I would bet that if Semin spoke English, had a flamboyant personality, and spoke and joked around with the media clowns, his fluctuations in play would be portrayed like they portray most every other player in the league that does the same thing.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
time will tell but it doesn't look good so far. it certainly wouldn't surprise me at all.

Peters is a question mark though. is he a guy the would condone scapegoating of one of his players? he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to me. he was brought in saying he was a communicator. a guy Francis wanted to be able to deal with players as individuals with a variety of personalities.

however, I would bet that if Semin spoke English, had a flamboyant personality, and spoke and joked around with the media clowns, his fluctuations in play would be portrayed like they portray most every other player in the league that does the same thing.

Example.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
gifs are nice and sometimes funny but injustices, particularly carried out against quiet undeserving people tend to rub good people in the wrong way and angers some. especially when that person is unable to defend themselves. it's a cowardly, self serving thing to do IME. just flat out wrong.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->