Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I was worried about not getting hard copy tickets. I will admit those I have sold tickets to with the new transfer system is quite handy. Once they've been transferred and accepted the tickets are out of my hands and someone else's worry.

I don't think it'll be as bad as I worried it might be.

I'm happy there is the option at least. There are a couple games a year that hard copy tickets would be beneficial. Like for gift purposes or giving them to someone not computer savvy.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I was worried about not getting hard copy tickets. I will admit those I have sold tickets to with the new transfer system is quite handy. Once they've been transferred and accepted the tickets are out of my hands and someone else's worry.

I don't think it'll be as bad as I worried it might be.

I've sold about 10 games for this season so far and I haven't had any complaints from people accepting e-transfers.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Anyone able to print their open house tickets for the 11th? I got a pair so my parents could go check it out, but it only gives me the option to transfer, not print (it's within the 48 hour window)

I was able to print mine, around 11:10.

Correction - Since my ticket time is 11:00 am, it appears the 48 hour timeframe is to the actual opening hour.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I was able to print mine, around 11:10.

Correction - Since my ticket time is 11:00 am, it appears the 48 hour timeframe is to the actual opening hour.

Thanks I got an e-mail at noon saying they were available to print. As usual I'm a little to anxious with this stuff :help::laugh:

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but the season ticket package is a snazzy little Steelbook. Also, getting hardcopy tickets printed is 5 bucks per seat per game $$$$$$$

If that's the case then it seems the Oilers may have grossly overcharged you.
It should have cost you roughly $1 per seat per game.
Hardcopy tickets have always been $50 per seat for a full season (45 games).

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If that's the case then it seems the Oilers may have grossly overcharged you.
It should have cost you roughly $1 per seat per game.
Hardcopy tickets have always been $50 per seat for a full season (45 games).

I didnt actually pay for any. It just states in the season ticket guide, that is the price for it.

And you're getting overcharged for gas. It has always been 36 cents/litre. It would never increase right?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just a question but why wouldn't people just pay hard ticket print price of a buck and hand tickets to somebody rather than transfer them which apparently involves more surcharge? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

I realize electronic transfer is more convenient but seems like a lot of charge tacked on.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Just a question but why wouldn't people just pay hard ticket print price of a buck and hand tickets to somebody rather than transfer them which apparently involves more surcharge? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

I realize electronic transfer is more convenient but seems like a lot of charge tacked on.

Transfer is free.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

If you are selling them on a ticket exchange, you are going to have a charge taken, which I feel is fair. Whereas, if they are a transfer directly to another person's account, right now (and despite what the FAQ says) there is no charge. So I can sign onto my phone and transfer a ticket to someone else's email (which they have attached to an Oilers' account) without paying anything.

As long as there continue's to be know charge, this method is so much easier than handing over physical tickets.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
If you are selling them on a ticket exchange, you are going to have a charge taken, which I feel is fair. Whereas, if they are a transfer directly to another person's account, right now (and despite what the FAQ says) there is no charge. So I can sign onto my phone and transfer a ticket to someone else's email (which they have attached to an Oilers' account) without paying anything.

As long as there continue's to be know charge, this method is so much easier than handing over physical tickets.

Ok, thanks, I wasn't sure if it was or not. Consider me slow on these things, but why use ticket exchange all that much and why not just suss out some buyers here or friends, family, and not have the cost?

I wouldn't be dumping tickets for that kind of surcharge where both seller and buyer pay when cheaper (yes I said it;)) options are available.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Ok, thanks, I wasn't sure if it was or not. Consider me slow on these things, but why use ticket exchange all that much and why not just suss out some buyers here or friends, family, and not have the cost?

I wouldn't be dumping tickets for that kind of surcharge where both seller and buyer pay when cheaper (yes I said it;)) options are available.

Ticket exchange is easier than Kijiji, or a facebook ad, or what ever other method you want to use. You don't have to trust the seller that when you send him the money that he will actually send you the tickets. You don't have to meet someone you don't know. It's more secure and safer for both parties.

That being said I agree that the service fees are out of control. I just tried to buy 2 tickets that I have listed. I have them listed for $200 per seat, so $400. For me to buy them it will cost me $543. They are making $143 on the sale of 2 tickets, $71.50 per. That's more profit than I would make per ticket selling them at $1 over face value.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Ticket exchange is easier than Kijiji, or a facebook ad, or what ever other method you want to use. You don't have to trust the seller that when you send him the money that he will actually send you the tickets. You don't have to meet someone you don't know. It's more secure and safer for both parties.

That being said I agree that the service fees are out of control. I just tried to buy 2 tickets that I have listed. I have them listed for $200 per seat, so $400. For me to buy them it will cost me $543. They are making $143 on the sale of 2 tickets, $71.50 per. That's more profit than I would make per ticket selling them at $1 over face value.

Is that including the 11% they are charging you as a seller or are you getting less than the $200?

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I received my package today and they have done away with the Oilerbucks.. There goes $100 per seat we used to get.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

After nearly 20 years of tickets, we kind of don't trust friends and family. Just too many, yep I'm interested, just let me get back to you, oh I forgot to ask the wife last night, oh I guess I can't go. We now basically operate under a "if you want to go to a game, let us know an you can get the tickets" policy with friends and family.

As for, why we like the ticket exchange, its super painless, particularly since I have one ticket and my buddy has the second (I usually transfer to him for listing). And if there are 3 games in a week, that is just too many. We can list all three, months ahead, sell one (or two if we are both busy) and go to the remainders.

And it is not like we are looking to make money, just not lose money. Which still means people are buying tickets from us cheaper than straight from the club.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
After nearly 20 years of tickets, we kind of don't trust friends and family. Just too many, yep I'm interested, just let me get back to you, oh I forgot to ask the wife last night, oh I guess I can't go. We now basically operate under a "if you want to go to a game, let us know an you can get the tickets" policy with friends and family.

As for, why we like the ticket exchange, its super painless, particularly since I have one ticket and my buddy has the second (I usually transfer to him for listing). And if there are 3 games in a week, that is just too many. We can list all three, months ahead, sell one (or two if we are both busy) and go to the remainders.

And it is not like we are looking to make money, just not lose money. Which still means people are buying tickets from us cheaper than straight from the club.

My policy with friends and family is I will give you a discounted rate however the tickets stay on ticket exchange until you pay me (No issues yet, but it's coming I'm sure).

Agreed that Ticketexchange is incredibly handy. Spent a few hours deciding what games we were going to, posted the rest for sale and then every once in awhile you get an email saying they sold and a cheque arrives in the mail.

Last edited:

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
My policy with friends and family is I will give you a discounted rate however the tickets stay on ticket exchange until you pay me (No issues yet, but it's coming I'm sure).

Agreed that Ticketexchange is incredibly handy. Spent a few hours deciding what games we were going to, posted the rest for sale and then every once in awhile you get an email saying they sold and a cheque arrives in the mail.

It's incredibly handy because it's endorsed by the NHL. It's so much easier than using Kijiji and trusting but are you breaking even? I find that so many people were desperate to sell tickets for another losing season that they took loss after loss but when you see what Ticketmaster eventually got for them, no fan needs to lose (much)money on tickets they have to sell but Ticketmaster needs to calm down their insane fees.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Ticketmaster ends up with Faceprice and sellers are lucky to end up with cost price. That seems money in the wrong hands to me. Look at Washington, best team in the league with superstars and there is already countless tickets that would get the seller cost price only.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
It's incredibly handy because it's endorsed by the NHL. It's so much easier than using Kijiji and trusting but are you breaking even? I find that so many people were desperate to sell tickets for another losing season that they took loss after loss but when you see what Ticketmaster eventually got for them, no fan needs to lose (much)money on tickets they have to sell but Ticketmaster needs to calm down their insane fees.

I've had zero success on Kijiji I don't think I will even bother reposting there. I have all my sales from this board, ticket exchange, or word of mouth.

I haven't sold a game for less than my cost yet (by that I mean what I actually take home after all the fees), but I'm sure that will happen. Trying to get rid of as many as I can before the season starts while people still have hope :laugh: If you wait until the new year if the Oilers are eliminated from the playoffs already then it's just a fire sale.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
My package came today had to sign no Oilers bucks. They were nice enough to to give me a sticker thathe says inaugural season though lucky me

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I've had zero success on Kijiji I don't think I will even bother reposting there. I have all my sales from this board, ticket exchange, or word of mouth.

I haven't sold a game for less than my cost yet (by that I mean what I actually take home after all the fees), but I'm sure that will happen. Trying to get rid of as many as I can before the season starts while people still have hope :laugh: If you wait until the new year if the Oilers are eliminated from the playoffs already then it's just a fire sale.

Ya, I guess that's the lesson to take away. I should have sold as many as possible before the sad sack season unfolded.:laugh:

Jason Arroyo

Mar 18, 2013
Boston
What I have learned reading this thread is that a good number of Oiler season ticket holders for this inaugural season bought their season tickets essentially to re-sell at a break even point in hopes that they are buying low and will have something valuable in a year or two.

Excellent fan support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad