Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Did anyone else receive an email from the Edmonton Oilers, that basically apologizes for the crap we have put up with and Katz is buying everyone the new orange jersey? 1 per seat

I can link the email later when I get home.:yo:

oilfansixtynine

ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsᴉƃǝɹ
Jul 9, 2007
over there
I got the email from darryl..
It’s been an incredibly exciting last couple of months for our Oilers. With the recent appointments of Bob Nicholson as our CEO, Peter Chiarelli as our General Manager & President of Hockey Operations, Todd McLellan as our Head Coach, and just minutes ago, the selection of Connor McDavid with our first overall draft pick, I’ve never been more excited about our future.

This year our future will also include a look back at our past, as we celebrate our Farewell Season at Rexall Place. To launch our Farewell Season, this evening we unveiled an all-new orange Oilers jersey that we will wear for seven home games in 2015-16. This dynamic new look is inspired by a jersey worn by the Oilers early in our WHA history.

While I’m personally proud of our team’s past and very excited about our future, I’m most proud of the support our team receives from our fans. There is no question Oilers fans are the most loyal in the NHL.

At this time I would like to once again thank you for your continued passion for your Oilers, and in appreciation, I am pleased to let you know we are providing all of our Season Seat Holders and Suite Holders with our spectacular new orange jersey. We hope you will wear it with pride.

Our customer service team will be in touch with full details in the coming weeks, but I can let you know you will be receiving one orange Oilers jersey for each seat in your account. We expect they will be available for pick up in early October.

Thank you once again for being part of the Oilers. My family will be proud to wear these new jerseys alongside you.

Go Oilers!

Daryl Katz

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
That is the exact email I received so I will not repost. I assume it will be without name and number but this is awesome. It says someone will contact us in the future so when they give more details I will post what I what they say.

sudz49

Sep 14, 2008
Season Seat Relocation - Done wrong!

Hey all,

Just a quick note on season seat relocation for next year. They sent out notices to current season seat holders on the dates we each get to pick our seats in the new building.

Formula for determining each members priority was supposed to be determined by three things; How many seats you currently have, value of your current seat (price level), how long you have been a season seat holder. Oilers have never clarified what the actual formula is or how much weight each factor has in the formula. I've asked but they won't say the weightings.

Here's a story of two different season seat holders....

Group A - a group of guys sharing four seats. Season seat holders for 1 year going into year 2. Seats currently in third row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Group B - a family with three seats. Season seat holders since inaugeration. Started with two seats and went to three seats about 15 years ago. Seats currently (and always have been) in first row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Who should get priority to select first?

Group A selects Nov 23rd.
Group B selects Nov 25th.

What!!! Seat quality is exact same so that factor is mute and they obviously factored quantity of current seats in at a way higher percentage of the formula then years served as paying customers.

I'm part of group A so obviously this helps me, but even I'm thinking long term season seat holders got screwed over. I'm thinking were going to be seeing a LOT of angry long term season seat holders in the next couple days.

Last edited by a moderator:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I posted in the arena thread I think, but it's far more than 3 variables. One of the guys in charge was talking about in a few months ago on gregor's show. They are doing it similar to what other arenas across north america are.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
yes today, and yeah email.

Thank you. Interested to see how it works out for me. Not hoping for much and the information you provided does not instill anymore hope. Have a gallery seat, since 99, but both myself and my friend have a ticket in our own names and there was no ability to link them together. Totally expecting us to get time days apart and late in the selection cycle.

I posted in the arena thread I think, but it's far more than 3 variables. One of the guys in charge was talking about in a few months ago on gregor's show. They are doing it similar to what other arenas across north america are.

I know that aisle seats are another factor.

sdimedru

Jan 19, 2007
Hey all,

Just a quick note on season seat relocation for next year. They sent out notices to current season seat holders on the dates we each get to pick our seats in the new building.

Formula for determining each members priority was supposed to be determined by three things; How many seats you currently have, value of your current seat (price level), how long you have been a season seat holder. Oilers have never clarified what the actual formula is or how much weight each factor has in the formula. I've asked but they won't say the weightings.

Here's a story of two different season seat holders....

Group A - a group of guys sharing four seats. Season seat holders for 1 year going into year 2. Seats currently in third row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Group B - a family with three seats. Season seat holders since inaugeration. Started with two seats and went to three seats about 15 years ago. Seats currently (and always have been) in first row of second deck (exec. terrace)

Who should get priority to select first?

Group A selects Nov 23rd.
Group B selects Nov 25th.

What!!! Seat quality is exact same so that factor is mute and they obviously factored quantity of current seats in at a way higher percentage of the formula then years served as paying customers.

I'm part of group A so obviously this helps me, but even I'm thinking long term season seat holders got screwed over. I'm thinking were going to be seeing a LOT of angry long term season seat holders in the next couple days.

are you maybe over-reacting a bit? for a selection process that will have ticket holders distributed over months, a 2 day difference doesn't seem all that different?

edit:if the difference was a month, sure I get where you're comin from

Last edited:

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
Well, this will be an interesting thread to follow. I wonder how late into Jan. the picks are going to be? I also wonder if whether or not if your tickets are under a business name will effect the date to pick tix.

Just got my tickets this year and I'm in mid December(2 seats, high 200's attack twice side).

On a side note, if anyone on the forum gets to pick their seats earlier it would really help us if you could post some screen shots of the seats/prices. I'm really curious where the wide seats are going to be located and how many seats are available in each section.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Customer loyalty should always come first and its something the Oilers have held up in the past and commemorated longstanding STH customers.

So of course they should be getting first pick at seats.

Longstanding loyalty should be honored first. The formula is weighted wrong. Anybody would expect the longest serving customers to have first dibs.

sdimedru

Jan 19, 2007
Customer loyalty should always come first and its something the Oilers have held up in the past and commemorated longstanding STH customers.

Longstanding loyalty should be honored first. The formula is weighted wrong. Anybody would expect the longest serving customers to have first dibs.

can't disagree with this.

I'll post mine.... when I get the email :(

sudz49

Sep 14, 2008

Agreed 100%. They've spent 100's of thousands over years making the Oilers a priority for their entertainment dollar through all the good years and the bad. We've done it for only 1 year. But because we have four seats to their three we select first. Makes zero sense.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agreed 100%. They've spent 100's of thousands over years making the Oilers a priority for their entertainment dollar through all the good years and the bad. We've done it for only 1 year. But because we have four seats to their three we select first. Makes zero sense.

Kudos to you as well for looking beyond your own circumstance in seeing what is best policy , how it impacts the other couple, and even pointing out this disparity online.

Class all round. :handclap:

I think if the Oilers field a few related questions about this from STH they would amend the oversight.

That said corporate views are often weird on this. For instance with SHAW new subscribers are afforded more deals, better deals, than longstanding subscribers and they actually justify this. They have setup a token "loyalty program" but loyal customers have to complain vociferously to get any kind of deal, and never the deal new customers are getting.

World Health Club are just as bad.

Heres the sad part. Longstanding customers are viewed in such a way that the firm doesn't have to do much to retain those customers. Statistically this is what their stats reveal. Not saying the Oilers, just that loyalty is not honored to the same degree by all businesses.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
I work for a company that has lots of season seats since the SOS era......everyone chose what they wanted and it seems like everyone is getting what they asked for (that's what I was told)...the main thing was that we cant get more aisle seats than what was on the account already.

morningla

Aug 18, 2011
anyone got their package yet?
Canada post don't seem to knock on your door anymore and just put slips in my community mailbox...

Ckpon

Sep 1, 2006
Well I have had season tickets since 2007. 2 seats in section 228. Oilers attack twice area row 33. I don't get to select till Dec.16.2015 ... which makes me wonder WTF? Especially, since my equivalents seating I am not sure it even exists because according to the new arena my section has turned into the lodge seating? I think.. with tables etc.

HumbleOilFan

Feb 15, 2007
We have 2 tickets in terrace (oilers attack once). Have had tickets since 2012 and we are Dec 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad