Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Question for the STH, how many games do you normally attend? Plan on attending this year? Do you split your seats with others?

It's our first year with tickets and we don't split ours. Plan on attending around 14 games (1/3 of the season).

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Question for the STH, how many games do you normally attend? Plan on attending this year? Do you split your seats with others?

It's our first year with tickets and we don't split ours. Plan on attending around 14 games (1/3 of the season).

I'm in a group of 3, we each drafted 12 games, selling the rest as a group. Then the individuals have the choice to sell or attend as many of the 12.

I'll probably go to 5-10 and sell the rest. Depends on what kind of profit i'm getting. I'd rather go than make a $20 profit on the tickets.

Oilerscandoit

Oct 3, 2015

The wife and I attend roughly 8-10 games per year ( we live 2 hours NE of Edmonton though), the remaining games are sold to friends/ family/ co-workers.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm in a group of 3, we each drafted 12 games, selling the rest as a group. Then the individuals have the choice to sell or attend as many of the 12.

I'll probably go to 5-10 and sell the rest. Depends on what kind of profit i'm getting. I'd rather go than make a $20 profit on the tickets.

Just out of curiosity, and I know its a weird question because Oilers, what would you do if playoffs ever rolled around? Just rotate those?

This is related to my earlier suggestion that the Oilers could provide this option, by increasing number and type of minipacs available.

Everybody seems to be packaging them out anyway these days.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
Lol let me know how it goes though I wanted to go but I had to work been taking too much time off lately

Eh, you didn't miss much. We saw Eb's doing the last bit of his on ice shoot. We did two scenario's: following the play as if the Oil are down a goal last game of the season and we need to score to go to OT to make the playoffs, and a lets go oilers chant.

Ran through them both twice, and that was it. We were out by 2:30. Its pretty amazing to see how fast(instant) the arena lights up compared to Rexall, ditto for how quick the scoreboard lights up from being off.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015

Last year we went to 35 or so, this year we're planning on 20-25. March is going to be tough, that's a looong home stretch.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Just out of curiosity, and I know its a weird question because Oilers, what would you do if playoffs ever rolled around? Just rotate those?

This is related to my earlier suggestion that the Oilers could provide this option, by increasing number and type of minipacs available.

Everybody seems to be packaging them out anyway these days.

Haha yeah, i hope we have this problem sooner than later. We'd probably sell the first round or two and then go to the western final and the final if they go that far. but yeah we would do a rotation, just draw names out of a hat.

But yeah with technology these days they could do a season ticket sharing program where you could buy a half, third, or quarter of a season. They could have a draft site to draft the games, much like fantasy sports. They could even charge a service fee of $5 per ticket. That being said they have no shortage of people willing to buy the whole season and split it up themselves. Its probably an idea better served in a struggling market.

Plus season ticket holders can recoup some of their costs by selling certain games, lots probably depend on this to keep it affordable.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Just curious what's the approximate wait time on season tickets. If I was to put myself on the registry is it probably about 5 to 10 years or is it not as bad as I'm thinking?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

This year I plan on seeing half the games and sold the other half to a person I know who wanted seats.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
Just curious what's the approximate wait time on season tickets. If I was to put myself on the registry is it probably about 5 to 10 years or is it not as bad as I'm thinking?

Depends........seems almost everyone on the registry could have tickets this year.
If you took the expensive sportsnet club section.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Depends........seems almost everyone on the registry could have tickets this year.
If you took the expensive sportsnet club section.

I think there may be an unfortunate cycle for registry members now. Since we saw deep registry members take those seats likely to just get into the building, they will hop on any future seats in the lower/upper bowl. Meaning the available seats to registry members will be sportsnet club seats again. Then only those willing to fork out that much cash will pay that premium to get in and the cycle may continue.

I hope that isn't the case but I could see it happening, especially if the Oilers start doing well :sarcasm:

morningla

Aug 18, 2011
anyone have news about parking underground inside the arena? or is that not available to us? do we just use parking panda? hope that's not gonna be a mess.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
anyone have news about parking underground inside the arena? or is that not available to us? do we just use parking panda? hope that's not gonna be a mess.

I didn't think the underground parking for premium(suites) season ticket holders was going to be available for another 2 years

Markiw17

Jun 23, 2014
I didn't think the underground parking for premium(suites) season ticket holders was going to be available for another 2 years

Suite holders have two underground parking spots under the arena, theater box owners have 1 parking spot under the arena.

The underground parking under ice district wont be available until construction is complete.

I used parking panda for the concert coming up on Friday. It says stall is guaranteed. Got a spot in the lot just north of the MacEwan LRT station. If you know your event date well in advance just book the parking then. Hopefully when we show up Friday to the lot there is a spot like it says there will be. Hopefully there is "reserved for parking panda" signs in every lot.

Oilers99to97

Sep 14, 2016
First year season ticket holder here.. I sold a pair of pre season tickets on the nhl ticket exchange can someone explain how seller credit works please? Also is it possible to still list on stubhub even though I do not have hardcopy tickets and the 48hr rule. Thanks in advance!

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
First year season ticket holder here.. I sold a pair of pre season tickets on the nhl ticket exchange can someone explain how seller credit works please? Also is it possible to still list on stubhub even though I do not have hardcopy tickets and the 48hr rule. Thanks in advance!

Seller Credit: Applied against your season ticket purchase for next year. Not sure how this works if we make the playoffs and you wish to purchase those seats.

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
Seller Credit: Applied against your season ticket purchase for next year. Not sure how this works if we make the playoffs and you wish to purchase those seats.

next time you post tickets just select method of payment as cheque. then you will get a cheque in the mail about 2 weeks after they sell

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
next time you post tickets just select method of payment as cheque. then you will get a cheque in the mail about 2 weeks after they sell

I've gone into my season tickets from the Android app and when I go to adust the price or post something for the first time I am being told my only option is seller credit.

Anyone else? Or am I doing it wrong?

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I've gone into my season tickets from the Android app and when I go to adust the price or post something for the first time I am being told my only option is seller credit.

Anyone else? Or am I doing it wrong?

Are you on a payment plan? If you are it might be that you can't see for cash what you haven't paid in full for yet. Might be worth a call to the Oilers to ask, maybe your credit will come off your final payment instead of going toward next year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->