GDT: Season opener: Ducks vs Coyotes - Thu 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If Getz is indeed sitting it seems odd that Kossila wouldn't be the one getting the call.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
My guess is now Rakell moves up to first, Vermette up to second, Rasmussen up to third, Wagner slides to fourth center, and Fiore slots in on left wing.

Ritchie - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Vermette - Silfverberg
Shaw - Rasmussen - Kase
Fiore - Wagner - Boll

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Can we have a worse season start than 1-7-2? I think we're about to find out...

If Getz is indeed sitting it seems odd that Kossila wouldn't be the one getting the call.

I don't know what Kossila has to do to get a proper NHL opportunity. Especially now that we have absolutely nothing to lose because of all these injuries. Might as well make the most of it and benefit by giving opportunities to rookies, it's not like we have much to lose...

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We're missing our best 3 players and 5 of our best 9 or 10. Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, Eaves, Vatanen

Gibson better be ready to stand on his head tonight

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's amusing that the team will only call up young forwards with offensive upside when one of our top offensive players is out. Opposed to replacing some of the useless bottom 6 bums we have.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Cogs Rakell Sif
Ritchie Vermette Perry
Wagner Rasmussen Shaw
Fiore Grant Kase

Maybe flip Shaw and Case, but the 1st and 3rd lines listed stayed together most of the preseason, he'll keep them cosistent.

Oct 18, 2011
Awful lineup
Get used to Getzlaf and Kesler missing chunks of games with the way they are ridden into the ground.
Bizarre moves by management demote a bunch of young skill players to keep a bunch of 4th liners.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Half our top six injured.
Half our top four injured.
Half of our goalies injured.

If this lineup can beat a Coyotes team, that has a strong group of defensemen and fast young forwards, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
The only kind of game we can win with this line-up is the boring kind. My bet for this game is under 5.5 goals. Let's hope our defense holds.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Still excited to watch them play. Gibson and Perry need to step up and so some carrying. Very interested to see how Perry starts the year.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Still excited to watch them play. Gibson and Perry need to step up and so some carrying. Very interested to see how Perry starts the year.
This lineup was the very opposite of exciting, outside of,the Rakell line. Very dull, grinding, ineffective hockey. Think the Kings, but with less skill.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
This lineup was the very opposite of exciting, outside of,the Rakell line. Very dull, grinding, ineffective hockey. Think the Kings, but with less skill.
Not sounding very promising, but this is the first time I get to take my whole family to the game (got a 6 and 3 year old). Hope they at least score, and keep the game overall respectable. :wave:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not sounding very promising, but this is the first time I get to take my whole family to the game (got a 6 and 3 year old). Hope they at least score, and keep the game overall respectable. :wave:

They weren't incompetent defensively in preseason, but they were just...dull. I do have concerns that a large number of the new players pretty clearly don't know exactly where to be in RC's system though, and that's liable to be an issue for the next month (based on prior years).

Have fun at the game!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I realize they will most likely be boring but I'm still excited to watch.

Montour in particular should be a good time.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf is out now too? For f***s sake. What a horrendous forward lineup.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I realize they will most likely be boring but I'm still excited to watch.

Montour in particular should be a good time.
Gotcha. I'm definitely going myself. I just was concerned by the play in the preseason. You could see the cracks in the system where the new guys didn't know where to be, and some of the returning guys were making read errors as well. The team outside of Wagner and Manson/Beauchemin/Bieksa wasn't terribly physical, either. Dirk is gonna hate this bottom 6.

Montour has been very fun to watch.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Awful lineup
Get used to Getzlaf and Kesler missing chunks of games with the way they are ridden into the ground.
Bizarre moves by management demote a bunch of young skill players to keep a bunch of 4th liners.
They just had a full offseason to rest. Them being injured right now likely has little to do with overuse

Reactions: Exit Dose

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Gotcha. I'm definitely going myself. I just was concerned by the play in the preseason. You could see the cracks in the system where the new guys didn't know where to be, and some of the returning guys were making read errors as well. The team outside of Wagner and Manson/Beauchemin/Bieksa wasn't terribly physical, either. Dirk is gonna hate this bottom 6.

Montour has been very fun to watch.

Yeah, the excitement will probably wear off after one period of frustrating play. Honestly though after two years ago I don't really mind it too much. They will come around eventually.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Can't wait for the home opener cermony.

"Direct your eyes towards the Ducks bench please. Not playing tonight: Ryan Kesler! Sami Vatanen! Hampus Lindholm! Patrick Eaves! Ryan Miller!"

"Now direct your eyes towards center ice: #1 Reto Berra! #3 Kevin Bieksa! #38 Derek Grant! #40 Jared Boll! #48 Logan Shaw! #75 Jaycob Megna! #90 Giovanni Fiore!"

"And last ... Your captain, who also isn't playing tonight ... #15 Ryan Getzlaf!"

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
The lineup tonight might be one of the worst opening day lineups I've seen.

Its crazy how many injuries there are. I know there have been complaints in the past about RC's camps so I hope he didn't beat them into their injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad