GDT: Season opener: Ducks vs Coyotes - Thu 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If we don't get healthy it's almost going to be two AHL teams going against each other.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I darn well hope we get healthy for this game. Arizona with their injuries should be free points, and that's exactly what we need to cash in on in the Pacific this season. Don't get those and Edmonton and Calgary/San Jose/LA (whichever of them clicks this year) will leave us breathing dust.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Is Getz really hurt? Or is this like the NFL where the stars sit out preseason for the most part? Save for Eaves

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes sir OP sir. Will discuss right away. Double time. Uh Uhh Uhhh so how bout that hockey huh?

Definitely looking like this team is gonna be forced to play catch up when everyone is healthy.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
This year I'm going to "try" to just enjoy the games and not get too worked up about the missed opportunities. Hopefully less yelling at the TV. Don't how long it will last, but I'm hoping I'll make it through the first homestand... lol.

John

Reactions: Boogernaut

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This team is one of the few teams in the league with the depth on defense to not totally implode when missing two top 4 guys, luckily for us. I think we'll be fine

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If there is anything we should have learned after the last two/three years is that a slow start is not a death sentence. Two years ago was the worst start I've ever seen as a Ducks' fan and it worked out relatively ok. I'm not worried.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
If there is anything we should have learned after the last two/three years is that a slow start is not a death sentence. Two years ago was the worst start I've ever seen as a Ducks' fan and it worked out relatively ok. I'm not worried.
This is true but nevertheless I'm expecting some crazy boring shit until January or so.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
That's regular season for you. 82 games will always have its ups and downs. Sure it's great for us fans to finally see live hockey (not to mention that owners have coffers to fill), sure teams will be jockeying for position from the word go, and a good start off the gates is hardly meaningless and not to be downplayed. But regardless. The first half of the season is always going to be more or less exploratory, a hit-and-miss kind of an affair, during which players will be tuning on and off, and teams are looking for form and identity. The season really kicks off in February when the race for playoff position begins in earnest. I don't mind, I can live with that.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Are Getzlaf and Eaves suppose to be ready for opener? My girlfriend bought me glass seats next to bench for our anniversary I hope we have a lineup that will be fun to watch.....

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Are Getzlaf and Eaves suppose to be ready for opener? My girlfriend bought me glass seats next to bench for our anniversary I hope we have a lineup that will be fun to watch.....
I have read that they will be, who knows with this team and disclosing injuries though

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Larsson is with the Gulls

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
How has Larsson been doing? It seems like everytime I catach a game Megna is playing more and more. Has he 'jumped' over on the depth chart?
Megna being waiver eligible kind of gives him an automatic advantage. Larsson hasn't impressed enough to make up for that advantage, and that is not to say that he hasn't been fine.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Nice that means I get to watch them tonight. Anyone else going? Just so everyone knows it's a free game tonight at the Pond between the gulls and reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->