GDT: Season opener: Ducks vs Coyotes - Thu 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This roster to start the year is pretty bad, especially that defense

Bad but still better than probably 10 teams. And that's without 3 of our 7 most important players on the roster.

I think Rasmussen will surprise some people when Kesler is out. Thought he had a strong preseason

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
From The Hockey News:
At 5-18-0, the Ducks have the worst all-time record in NHL season openers – and it's not even close. (Carolina, at 8-20-9, is second-worst.) Anaheim lost seven straight from 1993 to 1999, which is tied for the league's longest all-time losing streak in season openers, and they've dropped four in a row since 2013, which is tied for for the league's longest active losing streak in season openers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
At least we are not the worst in the legue in winning last game of the playoffs :)

And, we really need some more Stanley Cups. 15 teams have won more times than us (if we Include Montreal Maroons)

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
From The Hockey News:
Shock horror that you make a team play the vast majority of their season openers in their history on the road and they lose them all.

Actually looked this up and out of our 23 season openers, we've played 4 at home and 19 on the road (with 1 in London and 1 in Helenski which Anaheim was technically the road team). Record is 2-2 in home season openers and 2-17 in road season openers, pretty crazy.

This season is our first home opener in 8 years. I wonder if another team in the league has lower then 17% of their season openers at home.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah grant was useless in every setting I saw him in. On the bench, the restrooms, the freeway, just useless.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Having Shaw, Boll, and Grant on the opening day roster is not encouraging. I don't know what they do other than suck up air.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
DucksNPucks tweeting that we're putting Miller and Eaves on IR. I figured it wouldn't take long for Eaves and one of our goalies to be on IR. Just figured it'd be the other goalie.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

So what are we looking at?
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Rakell-Silfverberg
Shaw-Vermette-Kase
Wagner-Rasmussen-Boll/Grant

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Shaw-Vermette-Kase

That third line is horrid. Atleast bring Fiore or someone with some offensive ability back.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I hate that we are going to have two of Boll/Grant/Shaw dressed for opening night. Yeah we have injures but Kossila and Fiore each have twice as much talent as the other three combined. Shaw and Grant are black holes offensively although they're not complete liabilities in their own end and Boll is arguably the worst player in the league.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That third line is horrid. Atleast bring Fiore or someone with some offensive ability back.

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Shaw-Vermette-Kase

Seeing this 3rd line makes me question the decision to not bring in another 3rd liner even more. Winnik just signed for 660k. He's nothing special, but I take him over half of our bottom six.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Seeing this 3rd line makes me question the decision to not bring in another 3rd liner even more. Winnik just signed for 660k. He's nothing special, but I take him over half of our bottom six.
Winnik hasn't signed with anyone and is coming off a pretty solid season so you have to question what he is asking for. Do you really want to pay him $2M just because we have some injuries early in the season? If his asking price is a million or less, I agree with you. I just have a hard time believing he wouldn't have been signed already if that were the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad