Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
DYYlrf6U8AI1X21

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If we pull this off to finish 3rd - which is quite realistic - I sure hope the Pens finish 1st. I want a new dance partner in the 1st round. I also need to see Bob in a playoff game against a team not named Pittsburg.
I honestly want to sweep them and be the reason they watch this year. Sweet karma

Reactions: The Wheelchair

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We aren’t sweeping them and I really don’t know why you think they could. I think we could beat the Caps though.
We were better then the pens last year Bob just let too many in. Idk where the advance stats people are on that issue. They pop in to mock Jenner or Murray or Wennberg but when in an entire series we dominated the fancy stats except 1 game and everyone pretends it didn't happen. It's like battered spouse syndrome around here.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wow no games that matter today. How boring. Thankfully the tournament is still ongoing

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Playing the Pens brings me back to being a boy. Remember when you were growing up and your older brother would constantly get you ina headlock or pin you to the ground and not let you up? There came a day when my brother stopped doing those things. Why? I punched him in the nose. He knew he'd get a fight once I grew to where I could defend myself if he did it again.

The Jackets now have some playoff experience and can give any team a good series, if they continue their post trade deadline play. Bob will have to get out the demons of goal line shots entering the net. The boys cant choose who they play, but they can choose how they play.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Playing the Pens brings me back to being a boy. Remember when you were growing up and your older brother would constantly get you ina headlock or pin you to the ground and not let you up? There came a day when my brother stopped doing those things. Why? I punched him in the nose. He knew he'd get a fight once I grew to where I could defend myself if he did it again.
Anecdotes like this make me glad that I never had an older brother. ;)

Reactions: Jaxs

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

The Jackets now have some playoff experience and can give any team a good series, if they continue their post trade deadline play. Bob will have to get out the demons of goal line shots entering the net. The boys cant choose who they play, but they can choose how they play.

I'm interested to see how they play against Pittsburgh in a few games. Malkin is on fire and typically cooks us. They've also beaten us every game. we would need a lot of luck and extremely bad play by Murray to beat our older brother in a playoff series

Last edited:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm interested to see how they play against Pittsburgh in a few games. Malkin is on fire and typically cooks us. They've also beaten us every game. we would need a lot of luck and extremely bad play by Murray to beat our older brother
Yeah, watching the Pens last couple, it seems they are wading into games and then flipping the switch. Rangers got them in OT and Montreal couldn't hold them off. They will be a tough out again.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah but when your team is clearly the better team there is no reason to pretend you weren't. If 18 guys dominate and 1 plays bad you don't act like 19 guys were taken to the wood shed.

Not really sure how you came up with we were the better team. I've seen this a few times from you. Even if you make the argument, you certainly can't use the term "clearly".

As far as this season goes, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance we'll be playing Washington or the Pens in the first round (as far as making it and who we play). I don't really care who it is to be honest. Having said that I'm kind of bored with the Pens.

The Metro took a step back this season and I'm not really sure there real favorite. I guess you'd go with the Pens for experience. Seems like it's Tampa's year to lose in the East.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'm interested to see how they play against Pittsburgh in a few games. Malkin is on fire and typically cooks us. They've also beaten us every game. we would need a lot of luck and extremely bad play by Murray to beat our older brother in a playoff series

Murray hasn’t played a game in almost 4 weeks. He’s been out with a concussion.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yeah but when your team is clearly the better team there is no reason to pretend you weren't. If 18 guys dominate and 1 plays bad you don't act like 19 guys were taken to the wood shed.

One out of ten thousand people would say that the 2016-17 CBJ were better than the team which won its second straight Stanley Cup.

And they would be wrong.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
One out of ten thousand people would say that the 2016-17 CBJ were better than the team which won its second straight Stanley Cup.

And they would be wrong.
Look at the numbers... both GMJK and Torts talked about it in their interviews as well. Dominated everywhere but the scoreboard.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not really sure how you came up with we were the better team. I've seen this a few times from you. Even if you make the argument, you certainly can't use the term "clearly".

As far as this season goes, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance we'll be playing Washington or the Pens in the first round (as far as making it and who we play). I don't really care who it is to be honest. Having said that I'm kind of bored with the Pens.

The Metro took a step back this season and I'm not really sure there real favorite. I guess you'd go with the Pens for experience. Seems like it's Tampa's year to lose in the East.
Stats showed we dominated all but 1 game. Just lost on the scoreboard.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017

This isn't Bob and his merry men. They win as a team and they lose as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad