Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
National Hockey League Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Jackets playoff odds went up nearly 14 percent from last night due to the win and Florida’s regulation loss to Ottawa. (Biggest increase in playoff odds out of any team... Anaheim’s odds decreased 18 percent after losing to STL last night, the most decreased out of all teams.. yikes)

Odds of making the playoffs currently:

PHI ... 92 percent.

CBJ .. 72 percent.
NJD ... 64 percent.
FLA ... 64 percent.

Carolina ... 4 percent.

It’s a 3 horse race to the finish.Even if we go 6-4-2/7-5-0 the rest of the way, we still have a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs. Realistically, to finish with 95 points would all but guarantee us the playoffs. This is my target goal .. meaning, 16 points over the next 12 games.. extremely doable.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
CBJ remaining schedule:
3-15 @ PHI
3-17 OTT
3-19 @ BOS
3-20 @ NYR
3-22 FLA
3-24 STL
3-27 @ EDM
3-29 @ CGY
3-31 @ VAN
4-3 DET
4-5 PIT
4-7 @ NSH

NJD remaining schedule:
3-14 @ VGK
3-17 @ LAK
3-18 @ ANA
3-20 @ SJS
3-23 @ PIT
3-24 TBL
3-27 CAR
3-29 PIT
3-31 NYI
4-1 @ MTL
4-3 NYR
4-5 TOR
4-7 @ WSH

FLA remaining schedule:
3-15 BOS
3-17 EDM
3-19 @ MTL
3-20 @ OTT
3-22 @ CBJ
3-24 ARI
3-26 @ NYI
3-28 @ TOR
3-29 @ OTT
3-31 @ BOS
4-2 CAR
4-3 NSH
4-5 BOS
4-7 BUF
4-8 @BOS

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know we have the Around the NHL thread and the II thread, but I thought maybe cramming all this into one place where everyone could comment and keep track of the games involving the Jacket's competitors for the last couple playoffs spots would be a good idea. (If so, it would be the first I've ever had.)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Thanks DSL.

I like our odds, personally. And not just at making it, I think we can make someone's life really difficult in the first round. Let's hope for a Pittsburgh #1 seed and us vs the Caps. Or, the Caps winning the division and us as the WC1. I think we can beat the Caps.

Shittsburgh scares me because of Bob's mental block.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Florida has 4 of their remaining 15 games against Boston. Florida has 5 games in April (over 8 days).

If it comes to the last day of the season and Florida is at Boston, the Bruins will probably have their spot secure and nothing to tangible riding on the outcome.

The Bruins rest 80% of their team and give Florida the win.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I know we have the Around the NHL thread and the II thread, but I thought maybe cramming all this into one place where everyone could comment and keep track of the games involving the Jacket's competitors for the last couple playoffs spots would be a good idea. (If so, it would be the first I've ever had.)
It's a terrible idea. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Keep trying. Ultimately you'll have a really good idea. Maybe.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

I was really confused as to how my post was the OP when I never even started a thread but I guess it makes sense.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Seedings are TBD but I think it's down to CBJ or NJD for the final spot. I think Florida, unless they have a prolonged losing streak, is in.

NJD schedule is definitely harder, but they have overperformed all season and are getting healthier. If they can win half of their games on this hell road trip, they should be in good shape unless CBJ wins majority of their games.

The only games I see the CBJ 100% losing is Boston, Nashville, and Pittsburgh. But both Nashville and Pittsburgh could be resting key players at this time or not giving them the minutes they are used to. So that could change the 100% loss thing. Toss up games include Philly ,Florida, Edmonton, Calgary, and St Louis.

This is just a long way of saying, just get more points than Jersey.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Seedings are TBD but I think it's down to CBJ or NJD for the final spot. I think Florida, unless they have a prolonged losing streak, is in.

NJD schedule is definitely harder, but they have overperformed all season and are getting healthier. If they can win half of their games on this hell road trip, they should be in good shape unless CBJ wins majority of their games.

The only games I see the CBJ 100% losing is Boston, Nashville, and Pittsburgh. But both Nashville and Pittsburgh could be resting key players at this time or not giving them the minutes they are used to. So that could change the 100% loss thing. Toss up games include Philly ,Florida, Edmonton, Calgary, and St Louis.

This is just a long way of saying, just get more points than Jersey.

If we ice a team, we have at the very least have a 99 percent chance of losing.. just saying.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Idk why people don't want Pitt... I 100% want them. We kicked the shit out of them last year except 1 game and the are minus MAF who won them that series.

We have the better goalie
We have the better defense
We have the better coach
We have the better captain
We have the better cannon
We have the better areas
We have the better fans

That's truth

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Need to finish as WC2 or we're playing Pittsburgh, guaranteed. We get WC1 and they win the division, or we get up to third and they end up second

You want to face Tampa? Then, if by small chance CBJ get by them, face Boston? I'd rather take our chances with Pens and Capitals.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
The CBJ schedule certainly looks about the most favorable of the Eastern playoff race teams. CBJ with only 4 games vs. teams in playoff position. And one of those is Nashville the last game of season in which they will likely rest their key players.

Also...Florida with 8 games in last 12 days of season :amazed:

DYLmWGWUMAU3ppZ.jpg:large

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Canes just blew a 4:1 lead in the third in 10 minutes!

Edit: Aaaand.. it's 5:4 Boston now, wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Top 5 PK in the league allowed 3 PPG from Habs. Ottawa scored 7 on Tampa. Is there full moon tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad