Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Huge win for Jersey to make our collar a little tighter. But a win tomorrow loosens it up a bit.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Call me crazy but I could easily see Vegas getting bounced in the first round. Easily is an understatement too.

I expect Vegas and WPG each to win a round and leave CBJ as only NHL team to never win a playoff series.

Huge win for Jersey to make our collar a little tighter. But a win tomorrow loosens it up a bit.

There's still 20 minutes left. A 2 goal lead is never safe ;-). VGKs were just jet legged.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

The implications on this game are insane. Last time implications were this big was last year when we clinched the playoffs in Jersey with that whole penalty shot fiasco :laugh: :sarcasm:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ok 2 goal game, c'mon Bill, prove you worth it! Vegas put 30 shots and Devils blocked 18. Stupid Flower!

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
I hate the loser point.

We have the third most victories in our division, by 2. We also have 3 more wins than Florida, yet thanks to OT points they would be two points ahead of us if they won their three games at hand. Assuming our season ended today.

Based on wins, we should have the inside track. Hopefully the loser points don't come back to haunt us.
I agree loser points suck, but if you look at ROW we are tied at 31 with Florida and NJ is only one behind at 30

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Crosby was made captain because of skill but more importantly work ethic. I hate Pittsburgh as much as anyone but why do you lie to yourself so much. Im sure Crosby is happy with his 3 Cups vs some leadership award
What does 3 cups have to do with leadership? There are guys on those hawk/pens and over history the isles, habs etc with 3 cups and 0 leadership they just are great players. Phil Kessel has 2 and who calls him a leader? Fligs does actual leadership and captain things Crosby just is better at the game. Idk why it's offensive to say Crosby is 10x the player but not a leader like Foligno. The self hating of some of the fans here seems to accept Crosby as daddy I guess and until we have a series win over his team our team is inferior in every way.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So so so so important that we have the tie breaker over Jersey
But how does it work with Florida? we already won a tie breaker with them, but it's 3 games, even if they will beat us in reg, it's still 4-3, but since it's 3 game series, there it goes home/away? or what?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
yikes, and I thought Devils would be lucky to go 2-4-0 in their next 6....

Karlsson is +1 btw, while Perron and Haula are -5 :lol:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Impressive showing by Jersey. They keep playing like that then the Jackets better bring their A game until the season ends.

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
What does 3 cups have to do with leadership? There are guys on those hawk/pens and over history the isles, habs etc with 3 cups and 0 leadership they just are great players. Phil Kessel has 2 and who calls him a leader? Fligs does actual leadership and captain things Crosby just is better at the game. Idk why it's offensive to say Crosby is 10x the player but not a leader like Foligno. The self hating of some of the fans here seems to accept Crosby as daddy I guess and until we have a series win over his team our team is inferior in every way.
You said fligs was 1000x (yes one thousand times) the leader Sid is. Please explain what "Fligs does actual leadership and captain things" means. What is he doing differently? Don't tell me he is a harder worker

inb4 he has one more bullshit leadership award than crosby

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You said fligs was 1000x (yes one thousand times) the leader Sid is. Please explain what "Fligs does actual leadership and captain things" means. What is he doing differently? Don't tell me he is a harder worker

inb4 he has one more bull**** leadership award than crosby
He has a bullshit leadership award on to of the KingKlancy and Mess awards... That's apparently 2 awards more. Thank you. Answered your own question.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Stay on topic fellows . Sucks that Jersey won, but at this point , the jackets keep playing like they are , and they have absolutely nothing to worry about . Jersey is 5-5 in last 10 games , Philly is 4-5 in last 10 games . Tonight is a big game , hopefully we take care of business

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not surprised NJ won. Who is making these schedules. Last week CBJ come off a western road trip, have one day off, and Vegas is here with a day off waiting for them. Now Vegas comes off a long eastern road trip, has one day off, and NJ has been there for multiple days.

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
Stay on topic fellows . Sucks that Jersey won, but at this point , the jackets keep playing like they are , and they have absolutely nothing to worry about . Jersey is 5-5 in last 10 games , Philly is 4-5 in last 10 games . Tonight is a big game , hopefully we take care of business
I apologize

Reactions: The Bread Man

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have got to start watching more Pens games down the stretch. Getting to point and laugh at Letang failing at hockey is one of those rare pleasures in life.

EDIT: and then Hornqvist gets a tip-in and I remember why I stopped. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad