Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Does Pittsburgh have the defense corps to make a run this year? My good friend who is a Penguins fan -- and their play since the deadline will back this up -- says that they have looked horrible and will get burned in the playoffs.

I have yet to watch them since we played them last. I do know that an incompetent defense can burn a team. Even with their talented forwards... if you can't get the puck out of your zone, what good are you?

I don't care who we play. I just hope the iteration of the CBJ that we have gotten over the last two weeks shows up. Not the one from January.
If our D shows up like it has been offensively, we can play with anyone. If Zach and Seth can be unleashed offensively and the other pairs can be trusted to hold the fort defensively this team can beat anyone in the league.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Panthers been outplaying Edmonton all game, but Edmonton with 2 quick third period goals for a 3-2 lead. I have the feeling the Panthers come back in regulation, Edmonton is not good.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
At least they get help from edmonton, jersey with the likely W. good for them for percervering when they looked dead due to the road trip.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Uh oh.

2 games in hand, down 4 points, means what? What about 3 games in hand down 6?

I'm not afraid of any team with 2018 Roberto Luongo in net.

Big play, Ty Rattie!!

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
CBJ now control their destiny...win out and they are guaranteed a playoff spot. Although not realistic to expect any of the teams to win out, but CBJ control their own destiny again.

CBJ Points: 83 Games Remaining: 10 Max Points: 103
FLA Points: 77 Games Remaining: 13 Max Points: 103 (However, they play each other Thursday, so a FLA loss to CBJ on Thursday even in OT means the best FLA can do is 102 points).

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Rest of the way

@ BOS
@ NYR
FLA
STL
@ EDM
@ CGY
@ VAN
DET
PIT
@ NSH

Should be wins:
@ NYR
@ VAN
DET

Toss Ups
FLA
STL
@ EDM
@ CGY

Probable Losses
@ BOS
PIT
@ NSH

Win the games you should, win some toss ups, and try to steal points from the losses, and they should be in good shape.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Rest of the way

L-@ BOS
W-@ NYR
T-FLA
W-STL
W-@ EDM
W-@ CGY
W-@ VAN
W-DET
W-PIT
L-@ NSH
honest opinion from the way out. NSH has been great this year and we can't win them all. Pekka will likely keep us low scoring. We have had issues with Boston the past few years and they have been great as of late. Florida is young fast and have something to fight for for a change. That's a toss up. The rest of the games are all extremely winnable and losing any of those would be giving away points.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
My predictions for the remaining schedules:

:cbj

@ BOS (loss)
@ NYR (win)
FLA (win)
STL (win)
@ EDM (win)
@ CGY (loss)
@ VAN (win)
DET (win)
PIT (loss)
@ NSH (win)

7-3-0 ... 97 points.

———————————-

:panthers

@mtl (loss)
@OTT (win)
@CBJ (loss)
Arizona (win)
@NYI (win)
@TOR (loss)
@OTT (win)
@BOS (OTL)
CAR (win)
NSH (loss)
BOS (win)
BUF (win)
@BOS (loss)

7-5-1 ... 92 points.

—————————————

:flyers

WSH (win)
@DET (win)
NYR (loss)
@pit (loss)
@DAL (loss)
@COL (win)
BOS (OTL)
@NYI (win)
CAR (win)
NYR (win)

6-3-1 ... 96 points

—————————————

:devils

@ANA (win)
@SJS (loss)
@pit (loss)
TBL (win)
CAR (win)
PIT (OTL)
NYI (win)
@mtl (loss)
NYR (loss)
TOR (OTL)
@Wsh (loss)

4-5-2 ... 92 points.

———————————

3rd ... CBJ (97 points)
1WC .. PHI (96 points)
2WC .. FLA (92 points)
—-
Eliminated: NJD.

Philly has been streaky. I literally think it’s going to come down to the final game in Nashville for us to determine if we finish 1st WC or 3rd in division. NJD will falter down the stretch badly.. but finish tied in points with Florida at 92. The tiebreaker will go to Florida with more ROW than Jersey. Call me crazy, just my two cents.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The last game of the year will likely mean nothing to Nashville, with the 9 point lead they currently have in the overall standings. A lot can change in 10 games so hopefully is does meaning something to the Jackets.

Hopefully they will rest Rinne and some of their skaters....Josi, Forsgerb, Subban, etc.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
My predictions for the remaining schedules:

:cbj

@ BOS (loss)
@ NYR (win)
FLA (win)
STL (win)
@ EDM (win)
@ CGY (loss)
@ VAN (win)
DET (win)
PIT (loss)
@ NSH (win)

7-3-0 ... 97 points.

———————————-

:panthers

@mtl (loss)
@OTT (win)
@CBJ (loss)
Arizona (win)
@NYI (win)
@TOR (loss)
@OTT (win)
@BOS (OTL)
CAR (win)
NSH (loss)
BOS (win)
BUF (win)
@BOS (loss)

7-5-1 ... 92 points.

—————————————

:flyers

WSH (win)
@DET (win)
NYR (loss)
@pit (loss)
@DAL (loss)
@COL (win)
BOS (OTL)
@NYI (win)
CAR (win)
NYR (win)

6-3-1 ... 96 points

—————————————

:devils

@ANA (win)
@SJS (loss)
@pit (loss)
TBL (win)
CAR (win)
PIT (OTL)
NYI (win)
@mtl (loss)
NYR (loss)
TOR (OTL)
@Wsh (loss)

4-5-2 ... 92 points.

———————————

3rd ... CBJ (97 points)
1WC .. PHI (96 points)
2WC .. FLA (92 points)
—-
Eliminated: NJD.

Philly has been streaky. I literally think it’s going to come down to the final game in Nashville for us to determine if we finish 1st WC or 3rd in division. NJD will falter down the stretch badly.. but finish tied in points with Florida at 92. The tiebreaker will go to Florida with more ROW than Jersey. Call me crazy, just my two cents.
I will call you crazy but not with the outcome. I agree with NJD missing it based in those scheduals but FLA and NJD are going to have then 94. Philly gets 95 and we end with 99.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Great day to kick back and drink a few ( dang hangover lol ) and watch some hockey!
Jackets finally created some sizeable separation between them and Panthers.
Life is good right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->