Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stingland

Jul 27, 2013
I think the band wagon fans will start coming if they keep winning. I hope anyway. Most of the team are great guys! I have been a season ticket holder four years now, we never miss a game. The arena is only about a third full, I wish Sarnia would support them. Hatcher has done a great job they just need to do something about the kids running around and standing in front of the glass the entire game.
I think the addition to Legwand to the bench has also helped Hatcher do a great job. Agree that staff have to do something about people walking about in the seating area when there is no stoppage in play. Sometimes it is very frustrating for true hockey fans who want to see the game with all of the patrons to the PASA who don't know hockey etiquette.

Reactions: Schlerk and Ferda11

massey

Sep 5, 2012
My apology to Sting defense group.I never would have thought we would be in this position.Awesome 6 point weekend,Congrats to the entire team.Well deserved.I can hardly wait for the Soo fri night.This team is for real.The power of confidence.Look at the scorers and the guys with assist.How does any team stop these 4 lines.Everyone contributed.Go Sting.4 Sting players leading the plus/minus.Un heard of.Many catergories in the OHL have Sting players.Sorry but a good time to be a Sting fan.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Offence and goalies are incredible, defence is doing a reasonable job, but there definitely needs to be improvement back there... and I sure hope the fans come.. these owners have shown they want to win , they want the fans to have the best experience possible and there are here for the long haul, these guys have spent a tone of money to make the players and fans have a better time here.. show some support now

Reactions: Schlerk and Ferda11

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Couldn't catch the game last night but as I crossed back over the border from Michigan I flipped on the radio to hear Leigh and Patty wrapping up a 7-2 final win for the boys! This team has me dumbfounded really. Never thought that our Sarnia Sting would be in the position they are in now. Like Massey said, It's a GREAT time to be a Sting fan!! This city needs to rally around the boys and pack the rink! I'm going to make a bold prediction and say 3800 show up Friday.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Couldn't catch the game last night but as I crossed back over the border from Michigan I flipped on the radio to hear Leigh and Patty wrapping up a 7-2 final win for the boys! This team has me dumbfounded really. Never thought that our Sarnia Sting would be in the position they are in now. Like Massey said, It's a GREAT time to be a Sting fan!! This city needs to rally around the boys and pack the rink! I'm going to make a bold prediction and say 3800 show up Friday.

I just hope that OPSEU is smart enough to allow the fans to proceed without stopping them.Their fight isnt with those going to the arena.They will loose a pile of respect if they try to block or slowdown fans

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia
Ya agree strikers please just stay out of the way and let the fans in, those negotiations have nothing to do with the Sting, and there is no reason for fence sitting fans to keep sitting there any more. Sit in a seat in the rink, get off the fence; this team is for real. I would personally love to see Samuelson over here during the season if possible, whatever the cost. Owners aren't averse to spending anyways.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I just hope that OPSEU is smart enough to allow the fans to proceed without stopping them.Their fight isnt with those going to the arena.They will loose a pile of respect if they try to block or slowdown fans

They wont slow me down that's for sure!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Just park at the mall & walk across & high five all the strikers.
Not a chance, Sting have nothing to do with their strike so don't interrupt people from going to watch a hockey game. Hopefully they are out of there by 5-6pm.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
The teachers will be there until 7pm. Expect at least a 10 min delay or more entering the parking lot. And yes, their strike has nothing to do with the Sting, but the arena is on the property and if you have a problem with the delay, bitch to the Sting management. And of course they will be going straight to the college putting pressure on them to get a deal done.

They have a right to picket. Be respectful and be patience. If you don't have patience, leave earlier or park at the mall or metro.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
The teachers will be there until 7pm. Expect at least a 10 min delay or more entering the parking lot. And yes, their strike has nothing to do with the Sting, but the arena is on the property and if you have a problem with the delay, ***** to the Sting management. And of course they will be going straight to the college putting pressure on them to get a deal done.

They have a right to picket. Be respectful and be patience. If you don't have patience, leave earlier or park at the mall or metro.

No chance I will park at the mall.Why should we. I have been a supporter of theirs up till now. They block the entrance and hold people up the support will be gone.Lots of ways to picket without putting people who u want them to support you in dangerous situations especially the intersection on the 2 busiest most travelled streets in Sarnia.I will gladly show respect if respect is shown back.Sting has ZERO say in putting pressure on getting this resolved.The city police have the say whether or not they are creating a dangerous situation and how they respond. My stepdaughter is in risk of loosing her semester and the money we have laid out so far.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
No chance I will park at the mall.Why should we. I have been a supporter of theirs up till now. They block the entrance and hold people up the support will be gone.Lots of ways to picket without putting people who u want them to support you in dangerous situations especially the intersection on the 2 busiest most travelled streets in Sarnia.I will gladly show respect if respect is shown back.Sting has ZERO say in putting pressure on getting this resolved.The city police have the say whether or not they are creating a dangerous situation and how they respond. My stepdaughter is in risk of loosing her semester and the money we have laid out so far.

I was just throwing out options to avoid any inconveniences of going through the picket lines. It sucks about your step daughter losing out on her education while they are on strike, my girlfriend is in the same boat, unfortunately they have no control over it. Just make sure she keeps an eye out for when any class action law suits starts.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I was just throwing out options to avoid any inconveniences of going through the picket lines. It sucks about your step daughter losing out on her education while they are on strike, my girlfriend is in the same boat, unfortunately they have no control over it. Just make sure she keeps an eye out for when any class action law suits starts.

Hope your girlfriend doesn't get hurt by this also. Nobody wins.

Good luck to the Sting Fri night.Will we make #1 this week.lol The Sting are getting some attention as I have been asked lots of question by family and friends from other cities about them.I have been encouraging everyone on coming to the arena and see for themselves.I sure hope the community gets behind this team. Boys will get pumped even more with an arena full.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Friday is going to be the biggest test of this young season so far. Hoping they can come out on top. I'm thinking it's going to be a high flying, high scoring game. You won't want to miss this one.

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie
Hi from SSM, will be attending the game Friday night. its gonna be a great contest. Sorry but I will be wearing my Red and White. Hope you treat us well!! Thanks

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Hi from SSM, will be attending the game Friday night. its gonna be a great contest. Sorry but I will be wearing my Red and White. Hope you treat us well!! Thanks

College teachers on strike at Lambton College which is beside the arena. If your driving here maybe arrive early as you could be slowed down at the 2 entrances. Sorry no red and white allowed.Hope it is a great contest.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Greedy colleges can never make enough profits; damn those teachers!?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
How are the TV broadcasts from Sarnia? Are they decent quality or just as bad as the rest of the league?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Elliott Friedman thinks Kyrou might be playing for Canada at the Olympics. Losing him for the World Juniors for a month and then again for the Olympics for 3 weeks would be tough for the sting....

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How are the TV broadcasts from Sarnia? Are they decent quality or just as bad as the rest of the league?
about the same as any other cogeco network around the league. You usually can get a decent idea of quality based on the highlights off the OHL website.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Glad the Sting took a pro-active approach and talked with the strikers so that there will be no active picket lines past 3pm on Friday. Good stuff.

Reactions: cupcrazyman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad