Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Brady Lyle of North Bay wanting a trade.A 99 dman that Sarnia needs.Hope they at least make an attempt

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
He's eligible for '18 NHL
Asking price would start at a few 2nd rounders

They may ask it, but they wont get it. He's sitting at home waiting for the trade whichs put NB in a tough position to ask for anything that's going to end with them winning the trade. They will suffer a loss on this.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lyle would be a good pick up, he's done well early in his career in north bay, he's got some size, he was a1st round pick , and I could see him getting drafted in the 4th round in the NHL. I'd go after him send jako and a 2nd back (might have to send more)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
His draft year was this past year. Never drafted...got an invite to Anaheim though.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
They may ask it, but they wont get it. He's sitting at home waiting for the trade whichs put NB in a tough position to ask for anything that's going to end with them winning the trade. They will suffer a loss on this.

Oh they will get the 2 2nds to start with that's a guarantee. They will get a young prospect also plus whatever draft on top of that.D man are at a premium this year. He could fit in easily the top 4 and I am being generous to our defence at that.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Oh they will get the 2 2nds to start with that's a guarantee. They will get a young prospect also plus whatever draft on top of that.D man are at a premium this year. He could fit in easily the top 4 and I am being generous to our defence at that.
Massey is correct. Two 2nds is the starting point. Will probably ask for a prospect thrown in as well - Hogue or maybe Henderson.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Keeping in mind he was one of those starry-eyed eager beavers who went to the draft in Chicago and brought the family along for what he thought would be a big day. Turned out nobody was interested and the invite to Anaheim was likely an assist by his coach.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Keeping in mind he was one of those starry-eyed eager beavers who went to the draft in Chicago and brought the family along for what he thought would be a big day. Turned out nobody was interested and the invite to Anaheim was likely an assist by his coach.

exactly why I think he isn't going to fetch as much as everyone is saying. His numbers aren't anything special, he's undrafted and he's sitting at home because he's complained about his ice time. There's concern for an attitude issue and I'm not sure you want to bring that into a dressing room that's clicking and bonding like the one in Sarnia. He's an unproven player, 2 2nds and a prospect is an absolute rip off.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
exactly why I think he isn't going to fetch as much as everyone is saying. His numbers aren't anything special, he's undrafted and he's sitting at home because he's complained about his ice time. There's concern for an attitude issue and I'm not sure you want to bring that into a dressing room that's clicking and bonding like the one in Sarnia. He's an unproven player, 2 2nds and a prospect is an absolute rip off.

Attitude problem with Raaymakers sure didnt hurt his value.Same thing,went home not happy,sure Raaymakers proved himself,that he was hot and cold during reg season and had a good playoff.The 2 2nds will not be a ripoff DEPENDING on what else is included.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Kyrou looks like a man among boys out there every game. If he stays healthy I'd say there's a very good chance he could win the OHL scoring crown. The only drawback is that he will lose a number of games when he goes to the World Juniors.. I believe he'd be the first Sting player since Peter Sarno to win the scoring title if he could pull that off.

I am also surprised at how the Sting are absolutely destroying some pretty good teams. Hopefully they can keep this up as they should remain a Top 10 CHL all year and it would bode well if they wanted to take another run at hosting a Memorial Cup (probably in conjunction with somebody else).

Aidan Hughes looks to have made a remarkable improvement this year. For a guy who looked to be hanging by a thread he now looks way calmer and is playing with way more confidence. Would be great if he can share some of the load with Fazio this season in preparation of being the goalie of the future. That would make 2 goalies in a row that have been developed by the Sting which would be remarkable seeing as how they couldn't even develop one of their own for the last 20 years.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Another great game.Congrats Hayden,exc job.Lets keep it going.North Bay announcers said Sarnia won the game in the first 3 min.Kyrou's on fire.Congrats to the whole team.Sudbury tommorrow night.Congrats

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
8 more goals tonight...my god this offense is ridiculous!! 8-2 win over North Bay.

Kyrou with the hatty. Rees gets a couple helpers playing with Kyrou and Rymsha. I like that move for him to 1st line. It will be good for Hugo as well, he plays better when he has the puck which he wasn't getting as much with Kyrou and Rymsha.

Sting D played ok. Started to see NB spend a lot of extra time in our zone. Sting had a hard time breaking out. Kammerer had a rough game and Grima hasn't been looking good lately.

Hughes played his 3rd straight solid game. Few big saves again. Really hope this is something we can get used to.

Good way to start the road trip. I expect a much tighter game in Sudbury tomorrow as the Wolves are starting to play better.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Attitude problem with Raaymakers sure didnt hurt his value.Same thing,went home not happy,sure Raaymakers proved himself,that he was hot and cold during reg season and had a good playoff.The 2 2nds will not be a ripoff DEPENDING on what else is included.

Who says Raaymakers had an attitude problem? Do you know him personally? From everyone who knows him, he's a quiet kid who barely says peep. A lot of times, it's bad advice from agents/advisors to hold out.

Aidan Hughes looks to have made a remarkable improvement this year. For a guy who looked to be hanging by a thread he now looks way calmer and is playing with way more confidence. Would be great if he can share some of the load with Fazio this season in preparation of being the goalie of the future. That would make 2 goalies in a row that have been developed by the Sting which would be remarkable seeing as how they couldn't even develop one of their own for the last 20 years.

Hughes just goes to show the fans who were hard on him that the goaltending position requires patience.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Question is are the Sting that good or are most of the teams we've already played just average or just plain awful ? We've had teams in Sarnia that were better on paper but just couldn't win a thing when it really mattered.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Our offence Was predicted to be really good and it's better than predicted, fazio is no surprise in net, Hughes on the other hand has played 3 amazing games so far and I hope he keeps it up so fazio doesn't need to play as much, our defence is average maybe abit below average but there is worse d corps in the league, could use a solid defenceman or two to help...we have beat Barrie, Owen sound, and Kingston who were all predicted to be top of their divisions, and our only loss was to a good Kitchener team and it was a close 1 goal game I think, and we have played a lot of other teams in the league, I think the sting are for real but need a tad bit of help on defence if they want to go deep into playoffs. I really hope the fans start coming out, the weather is getting colder it's hockey season now,the sting are proven winners so far let's go sarnia..

Reactions: Ferda11

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Question is are the Sting that good or are most of the teams we've already played just average or just plain awful ? We've had teams in Sarnia that were better on paper but just couldn't win a thing when it really mattered.
For my money they're that good, There's a lot of parity this year but the Sting are one of the few teams I fear. They'll likely be playing a hungry, determined Wolves team tonight and shouldn't take them lightly but if they really come to play it could be a tough night. I just want to see the Wolves in full compete mode. By the way, I called the Sting as a team to really watch early on before the hype, and judging by my recent track record I'm usually right. Might bode well for you guys.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Who says Raaymakers had an attitude problem? Do you know him personally? From everyone who knows him, he's a quiet kid who barely says peep. A lot of times, it's bad advice from agents/advisors to hold out.

Hughes just goes to show the fans who were hard on him that the goaltending position requires patience.

Dont be too hard on the fans.I am sorry but he couldnt stop a beachball sometimes last year.The players would be playing an excellent game and then he would let some softies in and you could watch the players expressive and their game drop off.He had to prove himself not only to his fans but more importantly to his fellow players.He is doing awesome,lets leave it at that.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
For my money they're that good, There's a lot of parity this year but the Sting are one of the few teams I fear. They'll likely be playing a hungry, determined Wolves team tonight and shouldn't take them lightly but if they really come to play it could be a tough night. I just want to see the Wolves in full compete mode. By the way, I called the Sting as a team to really watch early on before the hype, and judging by my recent track record I'm usually right. Might bode well for you guys.

The great Houdini couldnt have predicted this.No one seen this defensive group play as good as they are and have the rookies step in and the change in defensive style by our forwards.We all knew the offence had this potential and Fazio had what it takes but no one knew Hughes was going to step in with 3 wins.Sorry but I call BS on this one.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree that no one predicted this; or, even the sting top 2. I saw several 5-6 in the west in the forum and ‘expert’ ranks. To be fair, Lycanthrope only said, ‘the sting are a team to really watch’, whatever that meant.
But with 59 GF & 27 GA in 11 GP, there is now no doubt that the sting are for real.

Last edited:

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
1st off, Hughes. People need to remember that he had some stellar games last season. His problem in the past was his consistency and confidence. Winning and having fun on the ice always helps with confidence. I'm hoping he can keep up his great play. He is a great goalie when he is on his game. Better than Fazio.

What has surprised me so far this season? Their ability to keep the puck out of their net. As for the offence, this is no surprise. I figured we would be winning games 7-6 not 8-2 on a regular basis. I'm hoping they can keep it up all season.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the Sting trade a forward for a defenceman. I just hope it's not Rees. I'm thinking that forward could be Salinitri. Also, to previous trade comments, Hogue, Kammerer and Guy cannot be traded this season.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
1st off, Hughes. People need to remember that he had some stellar games last season. His problem in the past was his consistency and confidence. Winning and having fun on the ice always helps with confidence. I'm hoping he can keep up his great play. He is a great goalie when he is on his game. Better than Fazio.

What has surprised me so far this season? Their ability to keep the puck out of their net. As for the offence, this is no surprise. I figured we would be winning games 7-6 not 8-2 on a regular basis. I'm hoping they can keep it up all season.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the Sting trade a forward for a defenceman. I just hope it's not Rees. I'm thinking that forward could be Salinitri. Also, to previous trade comments, Hogue, Kammerer and Guy cannot be traded this season.
that would be great send salinitri to Sudbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad