GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't know who's going to lose today but one thing is for sure, it will be the fault of some crusty old Dean!!!

downloadfile-6.jpg

(Surely one of these dorks is named 'Dean')

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No namer scrub Jonsson-Fjällby in the lineup before Perfetti is certainly a choice, a classic Rick Bowness choice.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Avs aren’t great defensively or in net generally speaking, but they are everything the Leafs aspire to be. Great offensive team who out scores its defensive weaknesses and have been doing it well the last two games.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Avs aren’t great defensively or in net generally speaking, but they are everything the Leafs aspire to be. Great offensive team who out scores its defensive weaknesses and have been doing it well the last two games.

I think its safe to say both COL/EDM are vulnerable next round due to their goaltending, assuming they advance. Its hard to like either as a cup champion unless some rando like the Lightning/Isles/Leafs somehow came out of the eastern conference but they probably could get there, especially if they did not have to go through Vegas

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Leafs don't have a Makar , Teows, or Girard. There us little to no offence coming from the back end. Not s shole lotta Defence for that matter. And nobody backnthere has a shot..
Aves powerplay is deadly.....leafs is impotent.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think its safe to say both COL/EDM are vulnerable next round due to their goaltending, assuming they advance. Its hard to like either as a cup champion unless some rando like the Lightning/Isles/Leafs somehow came out of the eastern conference but they probably could get there, especially if they did not have to go through Vegas

Skinner and Georgiev are capable of being acceptable starters though. They've shown it before they just seem to struggle between the ears. They're both capable of being as good or better on any given night than Thompson or Hill.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Oil are probably the only team that can out score their problems.
But theu may rin into a wall.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Oil are probably the only team that can out score their problems.
But theu may rin into a wall.

Against those Rangers/Canes defenses they'd need to hope Igor or Andersen were just awful all series. Probably same goes for Vegas defense, they'd need Thompson to be bad

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
It is a matinee game and could say that the Avs don't do well on those. Don't get me wrong, I want the Avs to win, but with this being almost a must win for the Jets and the fact it is a matinee game, just not sure
No excuses. Avs will show up! If Winnipeg win it’s because they earned it today.

I honestly don’t see any stand out d on Winnipeg outside of Morrissey. Avs are by far the better defensive team especially when it comes to the playoffs.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Cmon Vegas has Logan Thompson not really Hasek or Roy tier goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad