Ryan Hartman hit/Andrighetto spear (upd: Hartman suspended one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
It's all head contact thats how...
If this was the case they’d have gone after Zadorov for the hit against Fiala where he clearly initiated contact with the head.

Also somewhere on the Preds twitterverse there are 2 gifs Hartman got speared twice by Spear Andreghetto on the Same shift he retaliated on the 2nd

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If this was the case they’d have gone after Zadorov for the hit against Fiala where he clearly initiated contact with the head.

Also somewhere on the Preds twitterverse there are 2 gifs Hartman got speared twice by Spear Andreghetto on the Salem shift he retaliated on the 2nd

Zadorov's hit was largely through the body - much like Johansen's hit on Barrie, which didn't get suspended either. Hartman caught almost purely the head.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Hartman's hit should get him a game or two.
Sven's spears won't result in anything. History tells us the NHL doesn't care about spears unless they are really bad. Should have been a minor penalty though.
Zadorov's hit on Fiala was 100% clean.

Reactions: Arnusson

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Zadorov's hit was largely through the body - much like Johansen's hit on Barrie, which didn't get suspended either. Hartman caught almost purely the head.

Hartmann caught the chin, and followed through into the shoulder. His hit was absolutely deserving of a suspension.

However, Zadorov was going for a clean body check, but first caught the head with his shoulder. Avs fans argue that if your intent was a clean hit or you happen to be tall, hitting the head first doesn't matter - hit the head all you want.

That's not the way the NHL supposedly looks at it. Supposedly, you are responsible for your actions and being tall is not an excuse. If you accidentally hit the head (especially first), it is still suspension-worthy.

Having said that, since Zadorov is not receiving a suspension, they apparently don't follow their own logic. Open season on any player below average height. Sorry guys.

Reactions: Armourboy

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hartmann caught the chin, and followed through into the shoulder. His hit was absolutely deserving of a suspension.

However, Zadorov was going for a clean body check, but first caught the head with his shoulder. Avs fans argue that if your intent was a clean hit or you happen to be tall, hitting the head first doesn't matter - hit the head all you want.

That's not the way the NHL supposedly looks at it. Supposedly, you are responsible for your actions and being tall is not an excuse. If you accidentally hit the head (especially first), it is still suspension-worthy.

Having said that, since Zadorov is not receiving a suspension, they apparently don't follow their own logic. Open season on any player below average height. Sorry guys.

You mean the same logic they used to not suspend Johansen, who hit a much smaller Tyson Barrie and received nothing for head contact? I didn't see you complaining about this logic then.

In fact, I remember you voraciously defending Johansen's hit on Barrie. This one, remember?

And before you say there was no head contact:

myz7GVJ.png

wA7Wjkm.jpg

But you don't see your hypocrisy here...somehow Johansen hitting Barrie's head because he was bigger was A-OK (and you did defend it, see your post history. I also said the hit was fine so I'm not being hypocritical, see mine), but Zadorov hitting Fiala in the head for being bigger is suspendable and saying otherwise is what's actually hypocritical in your world.

member 147413

Oh I'm not disagreeing in the ref inconsistency or inability to control a series. Skipped that for a reason.

I'm pulling out the nonsense around saying one player's actions are the direct result of another's. Just because I get punched in the head doesn't justify me punching someone else in the head. So it's silly to even bring up, muddied your argument.
That’s fair, my intention wasn’t to put blame on Andrighetto (stupid play) or Landeskog (stupid play), Hartman is entirely responsible for his own stupid play.

That said, all these dumb plays started at one point, if that’s dealt with head on, we likely don’t see as many dangerous plays we’ve seen to this point.

An eye for an eye is a stupid mentality, but when emotions run high and there’s no accountability, it’s going to happen.

It’s like seeing your friend get assaulted while police are watching and they turn a blind eye. Surely you’d be upset and frustrated, if it happens enough, frustration is bound to win out and people take matters into their own hands.

Reactions: Armourboy

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You mean the same logic they used to not suspend Johansen, who hit a much smaller Tyson Barrie and received nothing for head contact? I didn't see you complaining about this logic then.

In fact, I remember you voraciously defending Johansen's hit on Barrie. This one, remember?

And before you say there was no head contact:

myz7GVJ.png

wA7Wjkm.jpg

But you don't see your hypocrisy here...somehow Johansen hitting Barrie's head because he was bigger was A-OK (and you did defend it, see your post history. I also said the hit was fine so I'm not being hypocritical, see mine), but Zadorov hitting Fiala in the head for being bigger is suspendable and saying otherwise is what's actually hypocritical in your world.

We're still on this hit? Wow

Again Barrie has his head dropped from shooting. No freaking kidding he's likely to get hit in the head unless his opponents all became midgets.

RJ is GLIDING...not skating nor directing an upward motion, GLIDING with his back turned to minimize the speed. He knows Barrie is in a vulnerable position, yet eligible to be hit.

Different story of RJ gets a full head of steam and smokes Barrie

Full disclosure: not a Preds fan and was amazed by their stickwork in the Pens series last year. But this is not a penalty nor susspension

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We're still on this hit? Wow

Again Barrie has his head dropped from shooting. No freaking kidding he's likely to get hit in the head unless his opponents all became midgets.

RJ is GLIDING...not skating nor directing an upward motion, GLIDING with his back turned to minimize the speed. He knows Barrie is in a vulnerable position, yet eligible to be hit.

Different story of RJ gets a full head of steam and smokes Barrie

Full disclosure: not a Preds fan and was amazed by their stickwork in the Pens series last year. But this is not a penalty nor susspension

You're completely missing the point of why I posted the hit, please go back and read what I'm replying to.

We're on Z's hit on Fiala; my point is simply that if any Preds fans are defending Johansen's hit on Barrie as not suspendable (which they did), and that if the NHL did not suspend Johansen for this hit on Barrie (which they did not), then those Preds fans are hypocrites for calling for Z to be suspended for his hit on Fiala, considering how similiar both hits were in their technical nature and results.

I'm arguing both hits were very similiar, and both were clean (at least not suspendable) - head contact was made due to Johansen / Z just being bigger. I concur with almost everything you just said about the hit itself.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hartman gets speared in the manhood twice.
Reacts as any man would.
(Likely) gets suspended.
Meanwhile the serial nut assassin continues to roam the earth as a free man.

So, you believe that “any man” would respond to the spear by going out and hitting somebody else (not the guy that speared him) in the head??

Good call.

I think your avatar says a lot :laugh:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Hartman gets speared in the manhood twice.
Reacts as any man would.
(Likely) gets suspended.
Meanwhile the serial nut assassin continues to roam the earth as a free man.
By pouting and jumping up and down? If it actually hurt he'd be on the floor.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I've carefully analyzed this and he clearly says the following (note: much of what follows should be read in a very loud voice, bordering on a scream):

"My balls!!! Right..... in ........my....... BALLS!

Twice!!!

My f***ing testicles, man!

God DAMN it......!!!"

Reactions: LCPreds

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
By pouting and jumping up and down? If it actually hurt he'd be on the floor.

The initial spear, which was much worse, occurred earlier in that shift. I believe that one dropped him. I can't find the video of the full incident at work but I saw it this morning. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad