Ryan Hartman hit/Andrighetto spear (upd: Hartman suspended one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Then why stop at Ghetto’s spears? Why not go back to Subban’s swing at MacK n say Ghetto wouldn’t have been riled up enough to do something so stupid without P.K. rustling some jimmies...or some other separate incident that preceded Hartman’s turn in the dunce cap?
Different games....

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
WTF are you even talking about? He took a stick lift to the twig and berries before he ever grabbed the stick in the follow-up. He grabbed the stick because it was used to try and castrate him. :dunce:

And there was another spear just prior to that, if you watch the video that MonsterMack posted... Down in the defensive zone.

I'm sorry, any NHL player who uses his stick to hit another player in the groin is a giant vagina and deserves to have their head taken off.

That said, Hartman should definitely be suspended for his headshot. 1-2 games, IMO.

It's time we stopped calling someone a woman as an insult.

Edit to add that I actually with everything else you said.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hartman is a clown.
Hartman lost his cool last night. No excuses. He has been very effective for us since coming from Chicago otherwise. I hope he learns his lessons from this and keeps on producing for the Preds.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I don’t think he’ll end up getting suspended for the soderberg hit. Maybe one game since he did get his head but it didn’t look like there was intent to hit him in the head.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don’t think he’ll end up getting suspended for the soderberg hit. Maybe one game since he did get his head but it didn’t look like there was intent to hit him in the head.
Pretty obvious thats all he was going for if you watch it without Slashville blinders.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Preds fan here. Pretty terribly officiated game all around last night. Having space to reflect, here is how I’d assess:

I’d prefer 1 game suspension for Hartman for direct head hit and no more assuming the league agrees intent doesn’t appear to be present..... which appears right based solely on review of the play but harder to ascertain in the context of the entire game. 2-3 if that larger context leads them to find intent.

I’m in favor of no suspension on the hit on Fiala but believe it was a “dirty” play in the sense that he set Fiala up. Plenty of “dirty” plays aren’t penalties or suspendible. The problem is the Doughty suspension throws everything up in the air- I’d like to revert to the previously more consistent standard.

I’d be in favor of 1 game suspensions for spearing the balls but that isn’t the league standard so no suspension. Again, consistentcy.

One final thought: the reviewed goal that was awarded is highly, if not completely, inconsistent with the ruling on the disallowed Predators goal against Luongo. Lack of consistency is a much bigger problem for this league than any given call.

Reactions: Pred303

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Pretty obvious thats all he was going for if you watch it without Slashville blinders.
Watch the video. He goes in for the hit, shoulder to chest. He hits him at the wrong angle and gets him in the head. Turn soderberg a little left or right and the hit would have been clean

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Watch the video. He goes in for the hit, shoulder to chest. He hits him at the wrong angle and gets him in the head. Turn soderberg a little left or right and the hit would have been clean
I watched. All the connection is with Soderbergs chin. Not even close to his chest....

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I watched. All the connection is with Soderbergs chin. Not even close to his chest....
I’m not saying he hit him in the chest. I’m saying the intent was to hit him in the chest. Incidental head contact due to the angle of the hit

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't think Doughty's intent was to go for the head at all, but it was 10000% deserving of a suspension.

"oops I didn't mean to" doesn't get you off in a situation like this
DEFINITELY aiming for the head can probably get you a few extra games, but you are still responsible for what you hit, even if you didn't mean to

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I’m not saying he hit him in the chest. I’m saying the intent was to hit him in the chest. Incidental head contact due to the angle of the hit
How are you trying to even hit someone in the chest when you're charging at them from their blind side? His hit was placed where he wanted it. He wanted that hit to leave a mark. It did and now he'll pay somehow.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It almost sounds as if you are describing a situation where the head was "picked" as a result of poor timing or poor angle of approach.

...Now if I could only think of where I've heard that terminology before...

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

The onus is on the hitter to NOT hit the head. He hit all head. He's gonna sit for at least on on game, as he should. The league will never suspend on intent alone. They'll tack on more games when there's intent. They will always suspend on the action, not the intent. "I was lining him up and missed" is not a valid excuse.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I don't think Doughty's intent was to go for the head at all, but it was 10000% deserving of a suspension.

"oops I didn't mean to" doesn't get you off in a situation like this
DEFINITELY aiming for the head can probably get you a few extra games, but you are still responsible for what you hit, even if you didn't mean to

Look at my first post

He will probably get a one game suspension for the hit to the head. I’m arguing that it was non intentional and doesn’t deserve extra games based on precedence.

Reactions: izlez

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Maybe you mean "accidental" instead of "incidental"? Because the head contact was definitely not incidental.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Maybe you mean "accidental" instead of "incidental"? Because the head contact was definitely not incidental.
Lol whoops. Yes accidental head contact. My point is it’s more deserving of a 1 game suspension like doughty and not 3 games like kadri.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He hit the deck pretty hard after the first one. Had to get back into the play and took a clear run at Ghetto who side stepped him. Then Ghetto took a second swipe. At some point rage can override the pain response and Hartman is sent to the box for "Holding the stick" for catching the stick after the initial contact (likely trying to draw attention to it since this is now the second time in 20 or so seconds that a stick has made contact in the general vicinity of his manhood. Video on page 4 of this thread. First time with ~ 10:42 remaining and second time with ~10:23 remaining) and "Roughing" because at this point just about any guy would be livid and Ghetto wisely (not because he's a coward but because he'll draw more penalties for not being drawn into a fight) lets Hartman drop his gloves. While being sent to the box, Hartman pleads his case very emphatically pleads his case to the refs. I'm sure once the adrenaline/rage died down some it went back to just hurting.

and now he'll have to plead insanity to DOPS from getting a few pokes to the nards

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He definitely deserves at least a game. I think that it'll be good for him and Preds, too, because he was going to really cost them at some point. Perhaps sitting a game or two will cool him off a bit. He's good when he sticks to hockey and approaching the line, but a team that already has major problems staying out of the box can't afford to kill even more penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad