RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
I can't think of a more pointless conversation than a debate over somebody being "generational" or not. What an overused word.

Yeah sometimes the hype gets off the charge obv..

"They talked about the radio podcast how Elias Pettersson is the next Gretzky"

Goes 20-30 games a pts/game pace

"Wow, hes very skilled, I think this kid might be generational after all"

The question is: How many players can be generational in one decade or their tenure (prob age difference being some 2-3 years?) and who rly are those tier below guys?

Those are the questions I often ask myself and wonder what shuld I think of it.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Kakko had a little Kakko moment in this second period where he skated around with the puck, got behind their net and turned to go around, got the tip of a oponent stick up on hes chin(?) but continued with the play with a shot on goal but then went to the bench. You could see the shot was affected by the stick to the chin thoe.. Not the most determined shot ive seen.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Judging from game against Denmark Kakko's decision to not go to U18 wc was wrong. Luckily he has more chances to impress Jalonen and get spot in the final WHC team.

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
Judging from game against Denmark Kakko's decision to not go to U18 wc was wrong. Luckily he has more chances to impress Jalonen and get spot in the final WHC team.

so i’m guessing he didn’t have a very good game? i really want him to make the team. i hope both he and hughes are playing at the WC

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden

I think he is doing really well actually for being first ever national team game.. I mean he is not dominating, but what is hes linemates doing that he is not doing? He is most deffinetly more correctly suited up for mens nationat team then u18.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
He has nothing to prove in the U18. The kid held his own and broke a goal scoring record for his age among adult players.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think he is doing really well actually for being first ever national team game.. I mean he is not dominating, but what is hes linemates doing that he is not doing? He is most deffinetly more correctly suited up for mens nationat team the u18.
His linemates are not going to be in the final team si i don't know why bother compare Kakko to them.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
His linemates are not going to be in the final team si i don't know why bother compare Kakko to them.

Well the better the company the better Kakko is, you know some players you can put with say two nhl players and they would still be shit, but Kakko will just be better. I like what ive seen so far, hes doing fine.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Definitely work to do in the skating department. Also how to read some plays.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Man one nothing pre game and you're ready to judge :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: RangerSeth

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
How was Kakko?

Couple of flashes in what hes capable of with the puck, covering it and pivoting with it creating space. Also backchecked and supported Dmen well. Got one 2 mins penalty for holding in a situation where he was step ahead of Dman, but held his stick a bit too tight and long.

I think it was more of adapting to the lvl and playing with new linemates. Ruotsalainen and Suomi (funny last names tho) are quality linemates and very good skaters, so I bet hes going to show more in the next games for sure.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Nothing wrong with his game tonight. Showed his brilliance couple times tonight. I don't recall any mistakes from him other than holding a bit too much on the stick when he was battling against a bigger guy than him. Solid on the puck everytime he had it.

These training games are just such snorefests everytime and there is no intensity in the game. It would be really hard for any player to show his best in these circumstances.

Reactions: fr9dd9

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What? Kakko was just fine. Had a couple of good moments, but didn't do really any mistakes. Considering it was his first mens NT game, he did not look out place which is just fine even if our players were not the best possible.

He had a little bit of trouble adjusting to the system because frankly TPS didn't even have a system in the spring, but that is something that a competent coach will fix in just few games. This was mainly seen how he was too far away from the defenders in a breakout, frankly the same way TPS played. That's not really a negative for Kakko or his skills.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden

Here is some of the better moments I guess, He had some other nice backcheckings, getting into nice spaces for scoring chances (not getting a pass) forechecks etc. Not any real mistakes from what I can recall. Overall a pretty good first game. Sorry for bad quality

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018

Here is some of the better moments I guess, He had some other nice backcheckings, getting into nice spaces for scoring chances (not getting a pass) forechecks etc. Not any real mistakes from what I can recall. Overall a pretty good first game. Sorry for bad quality

That sequence from 1:10-1:25 tells you all you need to know about how good he is with the puck.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
One nice moment was in the first period, when one defenseman lost his stick and Kakko gave his stick for him. Yes this happens sometimes with other players as well, but a nice touch anyway.

Reactions: 1OApick

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
One nice moment was in the first period, when one defenseman lost his stick and Kakko gave his stick for him. Yes this happens sometimes with other players as well, but a nice touch anyway.
In think it was also hilarious. Kakko giving Kaski small left handed stick and Kaski even tried to carry the puck.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It’s very simple - generational is a player that will probably only be seen a handful of times in that generation, which to me is about the approximate career length of a forward, so let’s say around 15 years (ie when the “passing of the torch” happens from one set of generational
Players to the next). The only ones in this “generation” are Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid. End of story.

I freaking love Kakko but he isn’t generational. Neither is Pettersson. Neither is Hughes. Probably not even Dahlin, until he proves he has another few levels to his game.

Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad