RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In what way has Laine been a massive disappointnent overall lol? What a joke.

Well he’s gone through some pretty bad scoring droughts for a guy with his scoring talent. Seems like he has a few things to work out to be consistent at the NHL level, but that’s not a mark against his talent

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Well he’s gone through some pretty bad scoring droughts for a guy with his scoring talent. Seems like he has a few things to work out to be consistent at the NHL level, but that’s not a mark against his talent
Theres no doubt he had a disappointing regular season production wise and play level wise, but he only just turned 20 and posted 64 pts and 70 pts respectively before this year. Theres plenty of room and time for him to develop.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Theres no doubt he had a disappointing regular season production wise and play level wise, but he only just turned 20 and posted 64 pts and 70 pts respectively before this year. Theres plenty of room and time for him to develop.

For sure, he has elite scoring ability, just needs to work being able to utilize it more consistently one way or another, and he’s still a great player

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Kakko is a god. I will be watching Rangers games next year. The way he attacks the net and combines his physicality with his disgusting hands is a treat to watch. I believe he’s better suited for the wing but could definitely play centre in a pinch.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yep and why devils will pick Hughes. Huge gap between the two. I'm fact I would say Hughes is a generational talent. Kakko no way he is that.
There are only 3 generational forwards playing the game ATM. Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid. Even McDavid you could kinda exclude from this list, but the way it's going it would have to be a major injury for that to happen.

After that, we can start talking about franchise or elite players. There is potential for both of these players to make the 1st category IMO.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
There are only two generational talents in the league right now. Crosby and McDavid. McDavid is not gonna reach his potential in Edmonton and Crosby is done. Ovechkin is a pure goalscorer and a decent complete player but he is not a driver of offense which is why he stays in that elite Messier tier level of player. Which is first ballot hall of famer, all time great, franchise cornerstone but not generational. That team plays for him. He is not a generational player. The Pens won 4 cups or whatever its been BECAUSE of Crosby carrying that team. Even if he had help. They would not have done it without him. McDavid is just the most talented player I have ever seen in my lifetime. I did not see Wayne or Mario in their primes.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
There are only two generational talents in the league right now. Crosby and McDavid. McDavid is not gonna reach his potential in Edmonton and Crosby is done. Ovechkin is a pure goalscorer and a decent complete player but he is not a driver of offense which is why he stays in that elite Messier tier level of player. Which is first ballot hall of famer, all time great, franchise cornerstone but not generational. That team plays for him. He is not a generational player. The Pens won 4 cups or whatever its been BECAUSE of Crosby carrying that team. Even if he had help. They would not have done it without him. McDavid is just the most talented player I have ever seen in my lifetime. I did not see Wayne or Mario in their primes.

ok so the argument of Crosby being generational and not Ovechkin is the 3 (or whatver) cups? Then McDavid is not generational he's not even able to carry the team in the playoffs!!

And Ovechkin got to be generational. He's the best goal scorer of his generation by a margin

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Come on. Ovechkin is definitely a generational player.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

This has to be one of the most foolish posts in HFboards history...

Reactions: cg98

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If I'm not mistaken Kaapo Kakko is playing today in a match where Finland faces Denmark in a practice match (towards WHC). I should add that it's senior national team match if that's the proper word for it, so not juniors.

It should be starting at 13:00 ET or 20:00 Finnish time.

Reactions: Nate070

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
If I'm not mistaken Kaapo Kakko is playing today in a match where Finland faces Denmark in a practice match (towards WHC). I should add that it's senior national team match if that's the proper word for it, so not juniors.

It should be starting at 13:00 ET or 20:00 Finnish time.
At least the Finns should be able to watch it from Yle Areena. Replay is shown on TV starting 22.50.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Laine.. disappointment
Pulju.. disappointment
Juolevi.. disappointment

Rangers should trade down and avoid the next disaster coming from finland.

Sure Laine has not developed as people hoped and his season wasn't good.

However...take a look at his age and then take a look at how many NHL goals he has scored so far. If that's a disappointment, you must see life as a series of disappointments chained together.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Sure Laine has not developed as people hoped and his season wasn't good.

However...take a look at his age and then take a look at how many NHL goals he has scored so far. If that's a disappointment, you must see life as a series of disappointments chained together.
But you know Power Play goals don´t count etc etc

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Haha this thread is f***ed:D

Personally, as I'm no draft expert, I have a really hard time deciding between these guys. One plays pro hockey on a bigger ice while the other is in juniors. They play with different style and both look like exceptional talents, but I haven't seen much more than highlights from either and really have no idea how to judge the level of Hughes league compared to FEL. I wonder if anyone arguing back and forth here has actually followed both guys. Probably not.

1OA shouldn't be a question anymore, unless maybe if Kakko is played as a center in the worlds and goes completely mental but really doesn't matter at this point. Feel like Hughes would be more suitable for NJ while kakko is for NYR so everybody wins.

Reactions: The Torts Identity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad