RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
This is getting very very concerning

I get a lot of NDak games on TV where I live, so I've seen quite a bit of Boeser. He has some serious skills. Last year he worked hard and dominated. But he also walked into the ideal situation. Playing with Schmaltz and Caggiula gave him a TON of space to operate. I think he expected it to be just as easy this year.
He needs to learn how to properly be the team's go-to-guy, particularly against upper ranked competition like UND has played recently (where Boeser has 1 point in the last 6 games). That means using his teammates better and learning how to create space for them. He also must start playing a full 200 feet and start showing intensity for a full 60 like he did last year.
His talent is obvious every time he plays, like seriously noticeable. But it's also obvious he's still learning how to harness it properly when being the main focal point of the opponent's defense.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I get a lot of NDak games on TV where I live, so I've seen quite a bit of Boeser. He has some serious skills. Last year he worked hard and dominated. But he also walked into the ideal situation. Playing with Schmaltz and Caggiula gave him a TON of space to operate. I think he expected it to be just as easy this year.
He needs to learn how to properly be the team's go-to-guy, particularly against upper ranked competition like UND has played recently (where Boeser has 1 point in the last 6 games). That means using his teammates better and learning how to create space for them. He also must start playing a full 200 feet and start showing intensity for a full 60 like he did last year.
His talent is obvious every time he plays, like seriously noticeable. But it's also obvious he's still learning how to harness it properly when being the main focal point of the opponent's defense.

Thanks for the post so maybe its a good thing he stayed in college to work on some shortscomings like this. Hopefully he can or maybe not looking too bright

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Its really not too surprising that he's gone on a bit of a cold streak. He was bound to come down from last season's 20.3 sh% (Caggiula and Schmaltz shot at 20.7% and 18.6% respectively as well). He's still shooting at over 16%, but I wouldn't expect Gersich and Jost to be able to produce nearly at the same efficiency as his prior linemates.

He's still on pace to have a great season. He'll probably end up with 25 goals and 50-55 points, that is still a pretty darn good season. But his production last year I think has lead to some unrealistic expectations.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
He probably has one eye on the NHL - will play some games at the end of the season for the Canucks, no way he doesn't sign this season. Unfortunately Utica is as bad as the parent club so he won't get any AHL playoff games.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Out tonight with an injury. Apparently has been wearing some kind of brace on his hand for a while.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Still out. Did not play Dec 3 vs BC... Jost picking up the slack? He had 2 goals

Boeser has 7 goals this year 5 came on 1 weekend in back to back games vs BEMIDJI STATE 2 the rest of the way.

Maybe he was playing hurt?

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Yeah rink reports had him wearing some kind of brace/wrap on his hand/wrist for the previous few weeks. Sounds like he tried to play through before they shut him down to heal up. You could see it when he played- he rang a few off the post in those games but his release just wasn't quite where it usually is.

Hopefully he takes all the time he needs and comes back guns blazing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Still out. Did not play Dec 3 vs BC... Jost picking up the slack? He had 2 goals

Boeser has 7 goals this year 5 came on 1 weekend in back to back games vs BEMIDJI STATE 2 the rest of the way.

Maybe he was playing hurt?

no excuse.

Bust.

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah you can stop saying that now its getting annoying esp as theres just not enough evidence saying hill bust

He's a Vancouver fan being sarcastic because some have criticized Boesser...between him and the previous poster there's more sarcastic mosts mocking people calling him a bust, than their are people calling him a bust anymore.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Yeah you can stop saying that now its getting annoying esp as theres just not enough evidence saying hill bust

You're the one that kicked off this whole thing!

Not good enough. Was higher before hes gotta start producing FAST this is getting concerning now we all thought hed get some pts tonight but no nothing at all thats not acceptable

Hes gotta start getting the puck in the net this is getting worrying now

Thanks for the post so maybe its a good thing he stayed in college to work on some shortscomings like this. Hopefully he can or maybe not looking too bright

This is getting very very concerning

Here's to Boeser healing up and returning to this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad