RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Watched him play at Hlinka and he was really impressive. He reminds me alot of MaxPac, when you watch him play it looks like he has the total package and he's an excellent scorer (excellent shot). I was surprised to see that he didn't have a thread, i can see him going as high as 15-20 due to his solid overall game and his leadership qualities which are coveted by every NHL team. At the moment he's probably a late 1st/early 2nd player but i wouldn't be surprised if his stock rose ALOT.

Would be really interested to hear from anyone who's seen his games in the USHL.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248381 (listed as 5'11 but he's bigger than that, around 6'0+)

w_11_brock_boeser_ep.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Definitely someone I'm interested in seeing play. I see he's in the USHL but I don't see a college commitment for him. Does anyone know what his plans are for next year? Who holds his CHL rights if he decides to go that route?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Definitely someone I'm interested in seeing play. I see he's in the USHL but I don't see a college commitment for him. Does anyone know what his plans are for next year? Who holds his CHL rights if he decides to go that route?

He was committed to Wisconsin but they're a total trainwreck so he decommitted. There are some rumors that he's interested in being a Gopher.

Igor Larionov

Jun 3, 2014
Does anybody know if he's got any grit or jam to his game? Is he more of that type to go to the net, or is he more on the perimeter player side? I can't seem to find a lot on him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Any thoughts from someone who has been able to see him play?

5 posts on a guy who could be taken in the 1st round seems kind of low.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It is the USHL very few followers on here.

I like him as he has impressed me in my viewings of him. Not sure if he goes first round seems like a bubble player. He definitely put himself on the map at the Hlinka.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Really hope he's still around when the Yotes pick in the beginning of the 2nd. Boeser would be a great triggerman for any of McEichelStroMarner.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
They've had poor recruits for years.

They were a bit of a factory 5 years ago.

wiscy has no one to blame but themselves. they are one of the worst teams in the entire country this year.

Wisconsin recruiting, as badly as it needs Boeser, is at least really strong for the next few years with 2015 eligibles and a great 2016 draft-eligible group next year. I think it's also kind of a loss for Minnesota who could really have used an assertive goalscorer to compliment their skill guys. North Dakota is bringing in a sick group of forwards this upcoming season now

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wisconsin recruiting, as badly as it needs Boeser, is at least really strong for the next few years with 2015 eligibles and a great 2016 draft-eligible group next year. I think it's also kind of a loss for Minnesota who could really have used an assertive goalscorer to compliment their skill guys. North Dakota is bringing in a sick group of forwards this upcoming season now

agree here. Wisconsin hasn't recruited bad over the past few years, they did land studs in Kerdiles, McCabe, Mersch, Schultz, Dougherty, etc .. just not a good team this year after losing Kerdiles, McCabe, and Mersch...top 3 guys all left this season hard to replace.

I agree that they aren't getting more top names especially with the success rate of kids that have done great in the NHL coming out of Wisconsin. plus Eaves is a great coach and should do just fine when it comes to rebuilding again. one of those cycles that most every college program goes through for a few years, they will be back near the top very soon.

I think Wisconsin missing out on Novak was tough to swallow.

dwanmaster*

agree here. Wisconsin hasn't recruited bad over the past few years, they did land studs in Kerdiles, McCabe, Mersch, Schultz, Dougherty, etc .. just not a good team this year after losing Kerdiles, McCabe, and Mersch...top 3 guys all left this season hard to replace.

I agree that they aren't getting more top names especially with the success rate of kids that have done great in the NHL coming out of Wisconsin. plus Eaves is a great coach and should do just fine when it comes to rebuilding again. one of those cycles that most every college program goes through for a few years, they will be back near the top very soon.

I think Wisconsin missing out on Novak was tough to swallow.

Novak is pretty much Minnesotan at this point. River Falls is a lot closer to the Twin cities than Madison

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Novak is pretty much Minnesotan at this point. River Falls is a lot closer to the Twin cities than Madison

still don't like a kid leaving your state...I would hate to see a kid from Waukegan bolt to Wisconsin (if Illinois had a d-1 program) as it is right at the border of the states..doesn't make it any easier especially when he was the cream of the crop recruit you had.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Button is a knob, but where do you guys think Boeser goes? He's ranked 26 by consensus... I'd love to nab him at 20-30 with Pittsburgh's 1st.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I think Boeser goes anywhere from 18-25... I have him ranked at 16 right now but that's maybe a little too high for some people's liking.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Boeser goes anywhere from 18-25... I have him ranked at 16 right now but that's maybe a little too high for some people's liking.

agree with this.

too good to fall out of the first round, which I wasn't sure months back, but not good enough to go top 10..

he could be one of those Sanheim picks that goes top 15, people go WTF, and the following year the gm looks smart as hell..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The Button hate is pretty hysterical around here. The only upside is it makes the posters who merely stat-watch easy to identify.

yeah, but inside the top 10??? that is pretty crazy...Button goes off the wall on a few kids every year, and more time than not he is wrong. I respect him as he gets paid to do what he does unlike the rest of us, but if Boeser goes top 10 I will eat my right shoe!! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad