RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Just so positive to see him back doing what he does best but theres another Canucks prospect NOONE is talking about from the SAME draft from the SAME league playing even better who went 149th overall in 2015 who would most likely be redrafted in the middle of the 1st round. God bless Benning for that 2015 drafting he did (Boeser Brisebois Gaudette Neil Olson)

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Just so positive to see him back doing what he does best but theres another Canucks prospect NOONE is talking about from the SAME draft from the SAME league playing even better who went 149th overall in 2015 who would most likely be redrafted in the middle of the 1st round. God bless Benning for that 2015 drafting he did (Boeser Brisebois Gaudette Neil Olson)
That is one very long sentence and :laugh: to the bolded.

It's great to see Boeser healthy again producing as expected. Especially after certain posters such as yourself were so hard on him when he was playing hurt.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Oh god he is on a tear, looks like it was his bad wrist for the slump afterall, tried to play though it, what a warrior.

Guy is so damn good

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Wish we could have seen him at the WJC against the best in the world. He was somewhat underwhelming last year so I was curious to see how he faired with less time and space. He is tracking really well but I want to see how he does at the pro level.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
It's not at all clear that Boeser is even as good as Connor, let alone better. Connor has been better at every level and I don't expect that to change. 19 games into his NHL rookie season changes nothing.

Okay last season Boeser was better than Connor he played in away Harder conference compared to Connor which is showing in his inability to play in the nhl.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The Big10 last year when Connor was there was freaking atrocious and BB plays in the NCHC who's good every single year and almost every team can beat everyone on any given night. Especially this year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Okay last season Boeser was better than Connor he played in away Harder conference compared to Connor which is showing in his inability to play in the nhl.

How has Boeser been in the NHL? Kinda unfair to compare Connor's NHL play right?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Since 2000 Vancouver is the worst drafting/developing team in the NHL.

But yeah rush another prospect to play in the NHL

Bolded part is true. Rushing prospects is not true.

The Canucks are well known for not really letting young guys into the roster until fairly recently. Virtanen is literally the only prospect that was rushed into the NHL lineup. Prior to Virtanen, generally prospects don't play for the Canucks until 22-23.

Also, Bo Horvat never played a season in the AHL. I think he's doing fine.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Oh god he is on a tear, looks like it was his bad wrist for the slump afterall, tried to play though it, what a warrior.

Guy is so damn good

Let's just take a second to note that, much like his first 2 games of the season, North Dakota played 2 games against a very weak opponent and scored 16 goals in those 2 games. Just like I said first 2 games of the season where everybody was blowing their loads over how amazing Boeser is, let's just give him a few games against teams that aren't Omaha before going nuts again.

I like Boeser a lot, just, reel it in a bit.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Truth hurts doesn't it.

They have had the least amount of draft picks in that span, and the least amount of games played from those picks.

If the case is that Vancouver is the worst drafting/developing team in the NHL since 2000, it isn't because Vancouver has rushed their prospects. There were some horrendous drafting over those years and then the Canucks have picked at the end of the 1st round on a pretty consistent basis for a lot of that time as well.

Just because the Canucks rushed Virtanen, it doesn't mean they do that with every prospect. McCann was too good in pre-season to send him back to junior and he continued that form for the first 20 or so games that year anyways.. he earned a spot.

Besides, I think the Canucks did a pretty good job at developing their draft picks during that time you mentioned in any case. A lot of them turned into the core of the back to back president trophy winning teams. Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, Hansen, Schneider.

The Canucks and Brock decided it would be the best for his development to return to the NCAA this season. Him signing with the Canucks after this year is almost set in stone already but that doesn't mean he will just walk onto the team. The only prospect I can think of that didn't earn his spot was Virtanen. Hutton, Stecher, Gaunce, Horvat, Baertschi, and Tryamkin have all had to fight for their spot on the team and earn it as young players. A lot of Canuck fans getting annoyed with management for not handing these guys a spot... so.. rushing prospects.. not really the Canucks thing to do. Even Cody Hodgson had to earn his spot and he was quite brilliant during most of his time with the Canucks.

I get the feeling you don't really know much about the Canucks and their handling of young players.

Either way, Brocks a beauty, he's gotta earn his roster spot just like anyone else has in the past... besides Virtanen. You got us there! Gold star to you.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Truth hurts doesn't it.

They have had the least amount of draft picks in that span, and the least amount of games played from those picks.

They are?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...ith-the-worst-draft-record-since-2000/page/11

Looks like 3rd to me. And there is quite a few playoff teams on that list. Judging a teams drafting record from 16 years ago over many different management regimes seems kinda stupid. Its the last 5-8 years that matter

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
They are?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...ith-the-worst-draft-record-since-2000/page/11

Looks like 3rd to me. And there is quite a few playoff teams on that list. Judging a teams drafting record from 16 years ago over many different management regimes seems kinda stupid. Its the last 5-8 years that matter

That is from 2 years

taking into account today's numbers they are the worst.

And it;s funny who was hired by Vancouver in 2000, Ron Delorme Their Chief Scout. The GM's may change but the underlining staff is still there.

It's no coincidence that the team with most draft picks since 2000 Chicago, has had A LOT of success.

But that's hardly relevant, who are Vancouver's most successful draft picks since 2000
Edler = AHL
Kesler = AHL
Schneider = AHL
Hansen = AHL
Umberger = AHL
Bieksa = AHL

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
That is from 2 years

taking into account today's numbers they are the worst.

And it;s funny who was hired by Vancouver in 2000, Ron Delorme Their Chief Scout. The GM's may change but the underlining staff is still there.

It's no coincidence that the team with most draft picks since 2000 Chicago, has had A LOT of success.

But that's hardly relevant, who are Vancouver's most successful draft picks since 2000
Edler = AHL
Kesler = AHL
Schneider = AHL
Hansen = AHL
Umberger = AHL
Bieksa = AHL

Leaf fans are absolutely hilarious. Shamelessly tank one year for the 1st overall pick and all of a sudden you're experts on how to draft and develop players.

Canucks were busy finishing in the top 5 of the league year in and year out, we never got the high end picks until recently. We traded some picks to try and make a push in the playoffs which was a gamble that failed.

The Canucks track record is just fine with prospects. Mccann and Virtanen are 20 years old. Their careers haven't even started let alone finished. But I love when other teams fans bring them up as if they are some sort of huge failure or something.

Brock Boeser is his own player anyway, I watched him in person and the dude is an absolute stud. He is as can't miss as it gets. I'm not worried in the slightest about his transition to the NHL. He has the whole package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad