RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
That would another dumb mistake by the canucks.

McCann and Virtanen are literally shinning examples of how NOT to develop a prospect.

He needs to be in the AHL

That remains to be seen. He doesn't need to be in the AHL if he's ready for the NHL. Not all prospects are created equal.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Even if he looks great in the preseason I would prefer he start in the AHL. I don't see why anyone would argue that either to be honest- If he's NHL calibre, then he'll dominate with the Comets and be up in no time anyways.

At this point it should be pretty clear to Vancouver fans that you need to make these kids earn it every step of the way.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Even if he looks great in the preseason I would prefer he start in the AHL. I don't see why anyone would argue that either to be honest- If he's NHL calibre, then he'll dominate with the Comets and be up in no time anyways.

At this point it should be pretty clear to Vancouver fans that you need to make these kids earn it every step of the way.

Exactly, good teams take advantage of the AHL while they can.
It's better to go from AHL -> NHL
instead of NHL -> AHL

People are talking about putting him on the first line with the sedins....... Give me a break

He's coming from a 34-42 game season.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
That is from 2 years

taking into account today's numbers they are the worst.

And it;s funny who was hired by Vancouver in 2000, Ron Delorme Their Chief Scout. The GM's may change but the underlining staff is still there.

It's no coincidence that the team with most draft picks since 2000 Chicago, has had A LOT of success.

But that's hardly relevant, who are Vancouver's most successful draft picks since 2000
Edler = AHL
Kesler = AHL
Schneider = AHL
Hansen = AHL
Umberger = AHL
Bieksa = AHL

Are you taking draft position into account? I don't know if you know but you generally find better players the higher you pick. The Canucks have been an awful drafting team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad