Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Doubt Ottawa wants Kamenev they'll want D and wing prospects they have White and Brown coming up the middle but if there's someone else available then Kamenev prob is trade chip. Would want to see what we have in him before though.

Don't want to give up Girard.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey guys, Avs fan here.

We on the Avs board are quite curious considering that Dreger has said that Avs have been scouting the Predators almost every other game. Additionally to that, Sakic who was supposedly scheduled to be elsewhere, decided to change his schedule to watch last nights game per Friedman.

So my question to you guys is besides any word of defenders; who are the least likely to be traded from your opinion (knowing the team, the operations, and how Poilie acts) in regards of Tolvanen, Fiala, and Kamenev?

And then I am going to ask you guys a harder question, who is least likely to be traded from Fiala or Tolvanen?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We're not in a position to move a defenseman, maybe when Ellis comes back Girard becomes available, but we shouldn't be moving any of our top four.
Tolvanen isn't moving period, he has the potential to be incredibly special. On that list Kamenev is most likely considering he's a center and with Duchene he wouldn't really have anyway to get on the team. Fiala would be 2nd most likely to move, but I don't know how available he is/will be by the deadline. We're counting on him to have a big season.

I think our tradable assets could look something like this by the deadline, sorted by most value and probability IMO:

Girard
Fabbro
Kamenev
Allard
Aberg/Fiala
Plus our picks.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey guys, Avs fan here.

We on the Avs board are quite curious considering that Dreger has said that Avs have been scouting the Predators almost every other game. Additionally to that, Sakic who was supposedly scheduled to be elsewhere, decided to change his schedule to watch last nights game per Friedman.

So my question to you guys is besides any word of defenders; who are the least likely to be traded from your opinion (knowing the team, the operations, and how Poilie acts) in regards of Tolvanen, Fiala, and Kamenev?

And then I am going to ask you guys a harder question, who is least likely to be traded from Fiala or Tolvanen?

Kamenev is most likely to be traded as long as a center returns and I'm assuming this is about Duchene so one would be. Between Tolvanen and Fiala is really tough. Fiala is in the NHL right now and we're not super deep on the wings, so he has the advantage there but Tolvanen is already 4th in KHL history in points by an 18 year old, only needs 4 points to get by Tarasenko and 12 to get past Kuznetsov for the all-time record. I don't see Poile trading him at all and I don't see him trading Fiala either without a replacement but if I had to pick, I think he'd trade Fiala first.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Kamenev for sure if a center comes back. Don't want to trade Tolvanen or Girard who both can become elite in their positions. On the wing, we need Fiala.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I think Kamanev is most available asset. Girard may be in the process of being showcased, especially if they are just as comfortable with Carrier. I think Fiala was mostly unavailable, but his play may be increasing his availability.

Last edited:

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
I habe to admit, haven‘t seen too many games from Bennet (last season). I saw quite a bit of potential and he fits a need for us while Aberg I see a few other players in our roster ahead of him at LW. Of course it would depend on the plus.
Though I wouldn‘t expect Calgary (mind you not hot Blooded fans) to be willing to move him just yet.
Surprise me DP ;)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
honestly at this point, I don't think Aberg is worth much more than a 4th/5th. Been in the system for 5 years now and just now barely cracked the roster. Other than a moment or two in the playoffs, he hasn't shown he can do anything at this level.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
honestly at this point, I don't think Aberg is worth much more than a 4th/5th. Been in the system for 5 years now and just now barely cracked the roster. Other than a moment or two in the playoffs, he hasn't shown he can do anything at this level.

Bingo. Problem is, Poile counted on him being a Middle-6 winger.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Would anyone do a Aberg and conditional 2019/2020 1st for Bennett? The condition being Bennett secures a longterm 2C-3C spot and provides good 2-way play with at least 35 points while driving the play. And the pick to be no lower than 15th overall (lower in numerical sense).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Would anyone do a Aberg and conditional 2019/2020 1st for Bennett? The condition being Bennett secures a longterm 2C-3C spot and provides good 2-way play with at least 35 points while driving the play. And the pick to be no lower than 15th overall (lower in numerical sense).

I'd rather just take a 4th/5th for Aberg and be done.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Would be a great fit, only on a two-year-deal, could mentor Kamenev. Would be a great 2C, Bonino to 3C and bump Jarny on the wing.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Big ole fat pass on Ship.

How silly do we look right now for not adding some good veteran wingers? Someone like Vanek or Jagr would've given us some depth scoring options. We just aren't talented enough at wing or center.

Look at St. Louis. They were weak at C and they addressed it by getting Brayden Schenn. They are arguably the best team in the league behind Tampa.

We just didn't do that.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Shipaychov available..
If the price was right, I'd go down this path before the pricier ones. Who knows. The Preds have the cap space, and it would presumably cost approximately zero to pick up Shipachyov. It may or may not pan out. But the worst case is that he can't adjust over the next 2-3 months, gets sent down again, refuses to report, get his contract voided, goes back to Russia, the Preds are still in the hunt for deadline pickups at the #2C role.

I'd take this gamble before trading our really top prospects for Duchene. Pick up Shipachyov for a song, and see if there is anything there. They are probably going to sit on that cap space in the meantime anyway, given the rumoured ludicrosity of the asking prices on established NHLers.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Exactly, Ship won't cost near that much and is a decent option. Adding a winger would be a good choice too as we have decent center depth in Bones-Sissons-Jarny-Gaudreau it's the wing depth/scoring we're needing. But adding Ship would obviously boost our offense.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

How silly do we look right now for not adding some good veteran wingers? Someone like Vanek or Jagr would've given us some depth scoring options. We just aren't talented enough at wing or center.

Look at St. Louis. They were weak at C and they addressed it by getting Brayden Schenn. They are arguably the best team in the league behind Tampa.

We just didn't do that.

Agree that we didn't do enough, we definetely should have and it's costing us now BUT St louis isn't that deep in any area and the fact is that they are peaking now. I'd much rather struggle now and catch fire in Feb and go on a deep playoff run like we have done and it's looking like the path we're gonna take again. I just don't see it in the Blues they'll come down to Earth.

But we need something to spark the offense. Is it Kamenev? Pettersson? TDL pickup?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

We just didn't do that.

We had the chance to keep James Neal to start the season instead of Calle or Craig Smith, lord what a disaster of a summer for Poile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad