Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
No Victor Ejdsell on the training camp roster...is the plan for him to stay in Sweden this season?

If he does well, it wouldn't surprise me to see him take the same route as Fiala did: about half a season in Sweden, the other half a season in Milwaukee.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts, he expects Nashville would be heavily interested if Kyle Turris hits the trade block, as it looks he will:

upload_2017-10-11_13-0-14.png

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
He's UFA next summer, so probably not as high as Duchene...but I'd imagine a 1st and a good prospect would be the starting point.
I would imagine they would look for an NHL ready prospect. Possible ask could be Fabbro, Girard, or kamanev with a pick

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If he could re-sign then why not. If he doesn't then a 1st and a prospect not named Fabbro, Girard, Kamenev or Tolvanen.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'd like to at least see what we have in Kamenev before giving him up although they're probably not after C prospects as they have Brown and White there. Gotta think they're looking wingers (we don't have any) or high-end D's. Carrier? French kid could work.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Turris is a great player and would fit nicely as a 2C but personally am not a big fan of his.

Googled Kurt Overhardt cause his name sounded familiar and turns out he's Johansen's agent as well.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Of course, if he re-signs we can give up more but not for a rental.

If we are serious about winning the Cup this year, Kamanev is entirely expendable. First, he's obviously not so awesome that he displaced someone to stay up here this year. Second, we have Johansen and Bonino both signed long term, so kamanev at best could be a 3C if he could beat out Jarnkrok or Sissons, so ask yourself if you'd trade either Jarnkrok or Sissons for Turris and the answer is an obvious yes.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
we have Johansen and Bonino both signed long term, so kamanev at best could be a 3C

You make it sound like Bonino is the 3C etched in stone throughout the entirety of his contract. Kamenev is pretty good trade bait, I agree but just because Bonino is signed doesn't mean he's destined to be the 3C at best here.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You make it sound like Bonino is the 3C etched in stone throughout the entirety of his contract. Kamenev is pretty good trade bait, I agree but just because Bonino is signed doesn't mean he's destined to be the 3C at best here.

I will trade the possibility that Kamanev could one day become a legit 2C for a legit shot at the Cup before Pekka is any older.

The days of prospect hoarding because we are still building are over. And even if we keep Kamanev, if we can sign Duchene in two years(as many seem to think we could) then that means Kamanev is permanently 3C at best, and then only if he can beat Bonino.

I wouldn't trade Girard, Fabbro, or Carrier, but Kamanev just doesn't seem to have a spot, at least not at C. Might as well spend that coin while it has value, because if he doesn't make the team out of Camp next year he's going to be looking like a bust

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He had a terrific camp and should've gotten a look. Bonino as the 3C won 2 cups so if we have a chance to upgrade 2C we do it and that might be Kamenev.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I agree, at this point if you can get Turris you let Kamenev go. TBH at that point he doesn't really have a roster spot if Turris is signed long term. Tolvanen you just can't let go of until you see what he does over here. Depending on what happens with Girard I'm not sure he isn't a guy that's almost off the table either just because you do have contracts with Dmen coming up starting with Ellis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad