Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
OK, Calgary just traded for Hamonic, right? Why would they ship him out before he ever plays a game?

we have serviceable depth at D already. No need for a panic trade, especially when there wont be a place for them when ellis does return

Hamonic and Stone are more suited for #4/5 roles respectively but with the right partner can be good #3/4Dman that don't drag you down. Meaning without Ellis, Ekholm can definitely carry them, and with Ellis, Stone would be lethal on the bottom pairing. Of course though I do agree the Flames don't want to mess with the pairings currently unless they get a legit top 6 RHS winger.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hamonic and Stone are more suited for #4/5 roles respectively but with the right partner can be good #3/4Dman that don't drag you down. Meaning without Ellis, Ekholm can definitely carry them, and with Ellis, Stone would be lethal on the bottom pairing. Of course though I do agree the Flames don't want to mess with the pairings currently unless they get a legit top 6 RHS winger.
Please stop trying to trade us Flames. We're not interested.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Hamonic and Stone are more suited for #4/5 roles respectively but with the right partner can be good #3/4Dman that don't drag you down.

I'd definitely take Hamonic if he was available for the price of a 4th/5th dman :D ...I mean Flames gave up 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and a cond. 2nd (can't bother checking up conditions). He's definitely more than a serviceable #4

While I'd love to see Josi carry Carrier at the beginning of the season to provide valuable experience, I don't think it's going to happen. Laviolette has said both top pairs to play around 23-24 minutes a night. Experience rules here and I'm pretty sure it's Emelin (or even Weber) rather than someone who isn't even used to play those 10-12 minute games in NHL yet.

We don't need a top4 dman (nor want to give up assets for one).
We don't really need a depth dman either, because we have (assuming Emelin takes that #4 spot) Weber, Bitetto, Irwin and Carrier on 3rd pair rotation (if rotation is even needed).

Top6 forward would be welcomed, if one came with right conditions and right price. I don't think there are any available. I'd look into acquiring Sedins at the deadline, but that's mostly because they're Sedins and that would just be too cool. More swedes! Imagine that top6 with 5 swedish players (FF - Joey - Arvy & Sedins - Sedin - Åberg) :nod:

Johansen fits right in with his surname :yo:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'd definitely take Hamonic if he was available for the price of a 4th/5th dman :D ...I mean Flames gave up 2018 1st, 2018 2nd and a cond. 2nd (can't bother checking up conditions). He's definitely more than a serviceable #4

While I'd love to see Josi carry Carrier at the beginning of the season to provide valuable experience, I don't think it's going to happen. Laviolette has said both top pairs to play around 23-24 minutes a night. Experience rules here and I'm pretty sure it's Emelin (or even Weber) rather than someone who isn't even used to play those 10-12 minute games in NHL yet.

We don't need a top4 dman (nor want to give up assets for one).
We don't really need a depth dman either, because we have (assuming Emelin takes that #4 spot) Weber, Bitetto, Irwin and Carrier on 3rd pair rotation (if rotation is even needed).

Top6 forward would be welcomed, if one came with right conditions and right price. I don't think there are any available. I'd look into acquiring Sedins at the deadline, but that's mostly because they're Sedins and that would just be too cool. More swedes! Imagine that top6 with 5 swedish players (FF - Joey - Arvy & Sedins - Sedin - Åberg) :nod:

Johansen fits right in with his surname :yo:

I really wish Calgary had more Swedes. You can have Backlund, but I want at least Jarnkrok back if you do haha. But let's not talk about forward trades. In terms of Dman, we can give you depth for one of your RHS forwards, which you are abundant in. A top 5 of Josi-Ellis, Ekholm-Subban, and Stone is deadly especially if you simply give up a depth but has top 6 potential RHS winger that would flourish better on a team that needs them rather than a team that's abundant. Either way I think the Preds should look to sign someone rather than a trade. But if you ever want, the Flames welcome a trade for the right pieces is all.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I really wish Calgary had more Swedes. You can have Backlund, but I want at least Jarnkrok back if you do haha. But let's not talk about forward trades. In terms of Dman, we can give you depth for one of your RHS forwards, which you are abundant in. A top 5 of Josi-Ellis, Ekholm-Subban, and Stone is deadly especially if you simply give up a depth but has top 6 potential RHS winger that would flourish better on a team that needs them rather than a team that's abundant. Either way I think the Preds should look to sign someone rather than a trade. But if you ever want, the Flames welcome a trade for the right pieces is all.
I'd rather add to RW depth than trade it for position we don't really need that much. Only thing that has made any sense between us and CGY was Backlund and that was before we signed Bonino. And no, we don't need Backlund now, because Bonino only seems to miss few games at the beginning of the season at max. If something happens and he's out for longer, then we can talk.

Of course if CGY was willing to move Monahan for picks, prospects and maybe a roster player to even out dollars, we'd have a discussion I'm interested in.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'd rather add to RW depth than trade it for position we don't really need that much. Only thing that has made any sense between us and CGY was Backlund and that was before we signed Bonino. And no, we don't need Backlund now, because Bonino only seems to miss few games at the beginning of the season at max. If something happens and he's out for longer, then we can talk.

Of course if CGY was willing to move Monahan for picks, prospects and maybe a roster player to even out dollars, we'd have a discussion I'm interested in.

You better offer Forsberg if you want Monahan haha. Speaking of RW, I'm specifically talking about RHS, and 3 of your RHS forwards play LW, just like 2 of our LHS forwards play RW.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
You better offer Forsberg if you want Monahan haha. Speaking of RW, I'm specifically talking about RHS, and 3 of your RHS forwards play LW, just like 2 of our LHS forwards play RW.

As I said. Not much to discuss about. Only minor trades that would only mess up any already built chemistry. As of now, I don't see a sensible trade between these two teams

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Titanium is your friend.
Being young is your friend. He just recovered from an injury in 4 months that would possibly kill me or at least make me wear a cast for at least a year, even though I'm 2 years younger. The athleticism needed to be a NHL'er also keeps the players alive, although the same attribute certainly also contributes to injuries.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Being young is your friend. He just recovered from an injury in 4 months that would possibly kill me or at least make me wear a cast for at least a year, even though I'm 2 years younger. The athleticism needed to be a NHL'er also keeps the players alive, although the same attribute certainly also contributes to injuries.

no you wouldn't. Intramedullary rodding is done with minimal disruption of the muscles and once in place the bone it literally as strong as the titanium rod now running down the shaft. You wouldn't have had a cast at all

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
no you wouldn't. Intramedullary rodding is done with minimal disruption of the muscles and once in place the bone it literally as strong as the titanium rod now running down the shaft. You wouldn't have had a cast at all
You would think that breaking your femur you would need to recover for a long time with minimal movement, but It seems I'm wrong.
Thanks for correcting.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
No Victor Ejdsell on the training camp roster...is the plan for him to stay in Sweden this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad