Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
The point was jarnkrok and sissons are similar. What ever jarnkrok can do sisons can do as well. Plus i think sissons is a little bit better. Youre right jarnkrok did have 2 times the points than sissons in the finals but he 2 times more points than forsberg as well. Sissons had 12 points in the playoffs to jarnkrok 7. I think jarnkrok needs to be put on wing

I'll give you that they are somewhat similar, and that Sissons maybe more talented over all. However Jarnkrok's penalty killing and track record for being able to play in any situation and not crap the bed, make him the more versatile player. Its not just a skillset thing, its a mindset. I think of Jarnkrok almost like a 6th man in basketball, or a middle reliever in baseball. Not everyone can show up to the rink everyday and not know what role they are going to be asked to play that night, then go out and perform.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'll give you that they are somewhat similar, and that Sissons maybe more talented over all. However Jarnkrok's penalty killing and track record for being able to play in any situation and not crap the bed, make him the more versatile player. Its not just a skillset thing, its a mindset. I think of Jarnkrok almost like a 6th man in basketball, or a middle reliever in baseball. Not everyone can show up to the rink everyday and not know what role they are going to be asked to play that night, then go out and perform.

Sweet so lers tell him to play neals role.... problem solved:handclap:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sissons had a good stretch in the playoffs, he did **** in the regular season. Let's see which version we get of him before we decide he can do anything. This is the same guy who lost his job to Vern Fiddler for a while.

You still don't have a clue what you have in Freddie G. He had a good handful of games in the playoffs, let's see what he does with a full season before we claim he can handle the 4th line, let alone anything else.

Jarnkrok is a valuable player, whether individuals agree with it or not. He can PK, he can play PP, he can play up and down the lineup where needed and won't cost you games. There is a reason some people seem to always include him in trades.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Sweet so lers tell him to play neals role.... problem solved:handclap:

Do you realize that a few of the games Neal and/or Arvy were out last year, Jarnkrok played their role? Didn't look completely terrible while doing it either. Not saying he could do it over the long term, but he has done it.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Google Translated version:

Unless the situation improbably changed, Mike Ribeiro played his last game.

Ribeiro, 37, is still in the Nashville area, who finished last season with the American Hockey League Predators in Milwaukee. But since then, the Quebec player no longer gives a sign of life and has completely abandoned the practice of hockey, according to his agent Bob Perno.

"All I know is that Mike has not put in the skates once since the end of the season, he's not training and he's not on the ice anymore. He will retire, the agent said in a telephone interview with La Presse. There is not a single NHL team or even a European team that has called me to inquire about its services. The way his career is going to end is very disappointing. "

ALCOHOL

Last May, La Presse revealed that Ribeiro had relapsed into his fight against alcohol. Since then, he has been separated from his wife and children and his entourage has no news of him.

"Nobody really knows what he's doing these days," added Perno. The problem is that Mike thinks he's not sick. In his head, everything is beautiful. He eventually left the rehab program offered by the NHL last winter. We worry a lot, but we can not do anything. Every time my phone rings, I hope it's him. "

Bob Perno says Ribeiro was admitted to the NHL rehabilitation program after his 4-year contract and $ 22 million buyback by the Arizona Coyotes in 2014. Ribeiro then took part in an intensive program detoxification when joining the Nashville Predators in the summer of 2015.

He was in his third season at the Predators when the team management, out of patience, put his name to the ballotage in February.

"He was followed by doctors in Nashville," says Bob Perno. Until the Winter Festival last winter, when he chose not to go to the program meetings. Peter [Laviolette, coach of the Predators] had several discussions with him. He tried to put him back on the right path. Then he had a good game and it was set aside at the next game. He did not digest this decision, he demanded to be exchanged. "

"The Predators tried to make a deal, but nobody wanted him. That is what is happening at this moment; a 37-year-old player, who drags a reputation, the teams do not want it. "

- Bob Perno, agent of Mike Ribeiro

Ribeiro, the Canadiens' second-round pick in 1998, has had a very good career of more than 1,000 games in the National League. He was also successful, notably in 2007-2008 at the Stars of Dallas, with a season of 83 points, the best of his career.

Unfortunately for him, everything indicates that this beautiful adventure, which could have proved otherwise glorious, is now over. On the American League rink he played 28 games in the Admirals jersey last season.

"A MENTOR"

Paul Fenton, general manager of the Milwaukee club, still keeps good memories of the Quebec player, who joined his group without making waves, according to him.

"There was no problem with him on the ice," the DG explained in a telephone interview. He was going at a rate of one point per game with us. This is a young team, and Mike was a mentor to our young players. "

But according to Bob Perno, this end of career in the AHR is not the one that Ribeiro would have liked. "He was discouraged to end his career like that in the American League, and he returned to his old habits with alcohol," he added.

It remains to be seen whether the Ribeiro of the better days will eventually manifest. His immediate entourage hopes for it at the highest level.

"We did everything we could to help him," concluded Bob Perno. Everyone has tried everything. His wife, the Players' Association, me, everybody. But at some point, Mike will have to help himself. "

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Sad news, never was the biggest ribs fan but you hate to see demons take over someone's world. We can only hope for the best and wish him well on this path he is on.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Is Subban for sale? Offer Olli Juolevi, Ben Hutton, Philip Holm and...Sven Baertschi!! Happiness for you!

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Is Subban for sale? Offer Olli Juolevi, Ben Hutton, Philip Holm and...Sven Baertschi!! Happiness for you!

You can have Emelin, Carrier, and Aberg for that package. There is nothing realistic for both sides. The Canucks would have to offer a ridiculous amount of players that makes the trade redundant and complicated (What are the Preds going to do with like 7 new players for one)? Also trading for Subban would be foolish beyond words from Benning as the Canucks aren't anywhere near contention.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What kind of season must Ellis have to have the best scenario for the Preds?

So I'm thinking if Ellis has a 20 goal 50 point season that would actually be bad for us. Because firstly he's probably going to demand a huge raise (Think at least 7million a year), and secondly the realistic trade for him due to term, and what Poile would want back would be slim to none.

So if Ellis were to have a 10 goal 30 point season that would be perfect for us, since it means he still contributed and if he were to be traded the offers would be far more realistic on both ends, and he wouldn't be seeking crazy money in UFA.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
You can have Emelin, Carrier, and Aberg for that package. There is nothing realistic for both sides. The Canucks would have to offer a ridiculous amount of players that makes the trade redundant and complicated (What are the Preds going to do with like 7 new players for one)? Also trading for Subban would be foolish beyond words from Benning as the Canucks aren't anywhere near contention.

Canucks ARE near contention! Subban is the only thing missing...

THREE new players! You can unload some garbage. Juolevi is a top prospect if you don't know that... Holm played in WC lately and is the perfect guy to relieve Ekholm on a third line pairing. Juolevi might develop on a first defense pairing soon.

Might be nice for all your defense prospects to actually feel they have a chance at contributing in the future.

Baertschi is drowning among all the talented forwards Nukes are gathering (of which one or two might be sitting in the press box though). And he is a good player. So is Ben Hutton.

Subban gets to play with Subban!!

And... you SAVE ($%) 9 cap hit millions a year for five years (The Josi and Ekholm years) AND can afford to add Duchene. Keep Carrier as a backup to Juolevi!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Canucks ARE near contention! Subban is the only thing missing...

THREE new players! You can unload some garbage. Juolevi is a top prospect if you don't know that... Holm played in WC lately and is the perfect guy to relieve Ekholm on a third line pairing. Juolevi might develop on a first defense pairing soon.

Might be nice for all your defense prospects to actually feel they have a chance at contributing in the future.

Baertschi is drowning among all the talented forwards Nukes are gathering (of which one or two might be sitting in the press box though). And he is a good player. So is Ben Hutton.

Subban gets to play with Subban!!

And... you SAVE ($%) 9 cap hit millions a year for five years (The Josi and Ekholm years) AND can afford to add Duchene. Keep Carrier as a backup to Juolevi!

Juloevi is of minimal at best value to the Preds, as we already have plenty of blueline prospects of high quality. Holm is of no interest. Hutton would be bottom pairing here. And Baertschi and his career high of 35 points at age 24 wouldn't do a damned thing for the offense here.

So, a bunch of extra parts plus one quality prospect of a type we have plenty of already... for a Norris Trophy winning defenseman who was integral to the playoff run and is extremely popular in town.

Not just no, hell no.

Alternatively: would y'all take a package of Bitetto, Emelin, Sissons, and Trenin for Bo Horvat?

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
IDK why people are worried about how much we will have to pay Ellis when his contract isn't up for 2 yrs and Rinne's contract expires then. So much can happen in 2 yrs.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I'll just say...Eww, what, gross, huh, eww, huh, lol and what?

It says your account has been around since '06, maybe you got hacked.

hahaha! You're a funny guy!

To my defense I just want to add I offered you guys THREE (3) rather cheap world champions in their best years with plenty of upside and a former first round pick who had his best season on a weak team.

Rödin might fit in well on the swedish Nashville taco community.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
So I'm thinking if Ellis has a 20 goal 50 point season that would actually be bad for us. Because firstly he's probably going to demand a huge raise (Think at least 7million a year), and secondly the realistic trade for him due to term, and what Poile would want back would be slim to none.

So if Ellis were to have a 10 goal 30 point season that would be perfect for us, since it means he still contributed and if he were to be traded the offers would be far more realistic on both ends, and he wouldn't be seeking crazy money in UFA.

Yeah, geez, I hope he doesn't score too much. Maybe Lavi realizes this too and sits him more this season. :sarcasm:

Single goal can make a huge difference in a tight game, turning it around, so I rather take more possible game changing goals (and more points) than what you hope for. I mean, we're still 2 years from him being UFA and anything can happen, so the more we get out of him now the better, right?

Whether it was for the changes in his role, luck, both of them or whatever, but he had a career-high 11.4 in s% last year (3.9 percentage point above his career average and 4.3 pp above his average from previous two seasons) while his shots/game has remained roughly the same (~2) for past three years.

Due to his increased role on PP, purely by eye-test, I'd say he's been having more high danger scoring chances and that has played a role in the increase of his s%. That shouldn't change next year, but I don't think 11.4 is sustainable, even thought he seems to favor passing/dumping/whatever over taking a bad shot (44th among dmen in total SOG last year).

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?...sort=1&time=0&pos=4&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0

Only John Moore (11.8) and Nick Holden (13.1) had higher sh% than Ellis

Last year 38 points (16+22) in 71gp

In a full 82 game season, if he doesn't start shooting more, but still scores 16 again, I'm happy. With his average shots per game being around 2, means 16 goals from 164 shots is roughly a s% of 10.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If he scores 20 goals and has 50 points and plays an important role do you really think teams won't pony at least 7 million for a Dman in his prime?

I don't think he's going to improve 12 points, he may hit 20 goals if he continues his play from last year and gets a little bit of luck, but he's already playing top minutes it's not like he's in a situation this year that is different from last year.

This year everything went right with him, and his shot% was 11.4, either he proves that this year wasn't a fluke % wise and we have to deal with a bigger raise, or it comes back down to earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad