Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Zzz... Zzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Think there'd be any interest in Landeskog for Eberle?

Landeskog is having a bad season, but I think he's a better fit for the team long term.

Landeskog McDavid Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Maroon

Longer term?

russianoiler

Jun 22, 2016
Russia
Think there'd be any interest in Landeskog for Eberle?

Landeskog is having a bad season, but I think he's a better fit for the team long term.

Landeskog McDavid Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Maroon

Longer term?

i hope Eberle+ (maybe 1rd 2017 or Davidson) for Duchene

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
i really don't think we are far off of having making a real strong run. I want to add without going to crazy on the future. You never know if we will be back in this spot.
Vanek, stempniak, iginla, hanzel could all be decent options for rentals.
Maybe try and go after colin Wilson/craig smith and ryan ellis for this year and the future?
the silly expansion draft makes things difficult though

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Colorado would not touch Eberle. He is older than both Duchene and Landeskog and Sakic issued comments on Friday indicating that the Avs want to get younger. Eberle is also represented by Newport and is only signed for two more years after this. He would essentially be a rental player for Colorado as their relationship with Newport is toxic. Newport was the agency for ROR and for Barrie. I am sure they would rather take their chances resigning Duchene than taking on Eberle, and Duchene is a more valuable player due to his center position and faceoff ability.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

if we want Duchene it will probably cost JP; might have to thro in a Caleb Jones (who is now a very intriguing prospect). but, that would interesting tho. JP for Lando? I probably balk at that.

there is potential for a blockbuster deal with the Avs. something built around Duchene + Barrie for JP + Klefbom.

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
if we want Duchene it will probably cost JP; might have to thro in a Caleb Jones (who is now a very intriguing prospect). but, that would interesting tho. JP for Lando? I probably balk at that.

there is potential for a blockbuster deal with the Avs. something built around Duchene + Barrie for JP + Klefbom.
No thx

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Look at the whole deal though. Say we find 2 guys this summer who are solid middle 6 players who combine for a salary of 6m, and for cap reasons we need to move Eberle out to make it work. You're trading Eberle for 2 players that are a better fit, plus whatever we get for him.

In that case, it isn't a low return when you factor the cap space in too.

Maybe or you are trading away a better player that plays harder minutes that allows those lessor players to play their game. Now all you are left with guys playing above their head and not being a better fit as you thought they would be.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Landeskog continues to regress and has for a couple years. Dude is marginally above Pouliot from last year

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Thinking about our back-up situation and a random thought popped into my head.

How much do you think Darling would cost? We NEED a legit back-up to allow Talbot some rest down the stretch so he can be fresh and at his best the rest of the way.

We can then sign Darling to an extension, at which point he would be the EASY pick for LV in the expansion draft, allowing us to keep some of our current guys. While also getting a good few months out of him.

Obviously all depends on the price for Darling (and IF the Hawks would trade him), to decide if it at all would be worth it. I really hope GM's (especially Chia) can show their creative side as expansion draft nears.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

How much do you think Darling would cost? We NEED a legit back-up to allow Talbot some rest down the stretch so he can be fresh and at his best the rest of the way.

We can then sign Darling to an extension, at which point he would be the EASY pick for LV in the expansion draft, allowing us to keep some of our current guys. While also getting a good few months out of him.

Obviously all depends on the price for Darling (and IF the Hawks would trade him), to decide if it at all would be worth it. I really hope GM's (especially Chia) can show their creative side as expansion draft nears.

Why does Chicago do this? They've needed Darling for 18 games this season so far.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I think it will be interesting to see what happens if the Oilers make the playoffs and Talbot falters.

You're gonna see the ol' rookie goalie for a playoff run maneuver.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I'm guessing we are going to trade Fayne for an overpriced goalie with similar term and to incentivize it for the other team we will be taking on more salary.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Coming in here leaving my bias at the door.

I'm far from a Jordan Eberle fan, but looking at the Dallas Stars' RW depth:

Patrick Eaves - having a career year, expring contract, 33 in May, like to keep him
Patrick Sharp LW/RW - expiring contract, return is up in the air, mid 30s
Brett Ritchie - good young kid, big and physical with decent scoring touch
Adam Cracknell - meh
Jiri Hudler - expiring contract, entering mid-30s
Valeri Nichushkin - ???
Hemsky - done for season, expiring contract, won't be coming back
Denis Guryanov - 19, 1st pick in 2015, just had a heckuva WJR tourney, playing AHL

Basically, we're thin there going forward.

Again, I'm on no way an Eberle fan, but taking that out of the equation, what would it take supposing Jim Nill considered him?

We have 2 veteran goalies that I'm personally no fan of either, but either would be a much better back-up I believe than what you have.

Patrick Sharp could be a rental piece should we decide to move him. Oduya as well.

We have some decent young defensemen, though so do you so you may not be interested.

Center Cody Eakin I'm not sure is in our long term plans.

Picks?

Gets dicey given the expansion draft. Certain players may need to be held onto in order to meet the criteria for exposed players, who are we planning on protecting, etc.

I'm not sure if there's really a one-for-one deal here, so it would likely be a package deal. I realize Eberle's value isn't at its peak right now and he's not exactly a coach's favorite, not really earning his contract either. Not necessarily addition by subtraction (though some may look at moving him in that way) so I'm not trying to suggest he be traded for nothing, but given everything, is there a deal to be made in the realm of piece/es to help you now should you still be winning and wanting to make a push, and something for the future as well?

Eberle has 2 years left at $6 mill per after this season. Nothing TOO heavy, and may be something Jim Nill would take on (I haven't gone through all the books). Might be something you guys wouldn't mind unloading, given how things just aren't working with him in Edmonton right now.

Thoughts?

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
I think our template for the trade deadline should be:

Maroon Mcdavid Drai
Lucic Nuge ______ ( or ebs)
Pou _____ _____ ( or ebs)
Lander Letestu Kassian
Hendricks/caguila extra forwards

Klef Lars
Sek ____
Davidson/benning/nurse/gryba/Russel

1.RW- Depends who we acquire ebs can be on second line or 3rd line. Guys I would target would be stempniak, Vanek, iginal,vrbata. Im sure theres more that will be avliable but im just going off the top of my head. I cant see any of those guys costing to much that would hurt our future

2. Center- Right now I don't know who would be available for centers other then Hanzel and he might cost a lot.

3. RHS D man - Id try and grab Stone, green or barrie. Obviously the values differ quite a bit here. IF they cost to much im okay with running with what we have

4. A package id like for this year and future would be a Ryan Ellis and Craig Smith. Expansion draft complicates things obviously but both those guys would help a lot.

Thoughts?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Coming in here leaving my bias at the door.

I'm far from a Jordan Eberle fan, but looking at the Dallas Stars' RW depth:

Patrick Eaves - having a career year, expring contract, 33 in May, like to keep him
Patrick Sharp LW/RW - expiring contract, return is up in the air, mid 30s
Brett Ritchie - good young kid, big and physical with decent scoring touch
Adam Cracknell - meh
Jiri Hudler - expiring contract, entering mid-30s
Valeri Nichushkin - ???
Hemsky - done for season, expiring contract, won't be coming back
Denis Guryanov - 19, 1st pick in 2015, just had a heckuva WJR tourney, playing AHL

Basically, we're thin there going forward.

Again, I'm on no way an Eberle fan, but taking that out of the equation, what would it take supposing Jim Nill considered him?

We have 2 veteran goalies that I'm personally no fan of either, but either would be a much better back-up I believe than what you have.

Patrick Sharp could be a rental piece should we decide to move him. Oduya as well.

We have some decent young defensemen, though so do you so you may not be interested.

Center Cody Eakin I'm not sure is in our long term plans.

Picks?

Gets dicey given the expansion draft. Certain players may need to be held onto in order to meet the criteria for exposed players, who are we planning on protecting, etc.

I'm not sure if there's really a one-for-one deal here, so it would likely be a package deal. I realize Eberle's value isn't at its peak right now and he's not exactly a coach's favorite, not really earning his contract either. Not necessarily addition by subtraction (though some may look at moving him in that way) so I'm not trying to suggest he be traded for nothing, but given everything, is there a deal to be made in the realm of piece/es to help you now should you still be winning and wanting to make a push, and something for the future as well?

Eberle has 2 years left at $6 mill per after this season. Nothing TOO heavy, and may be something Jim Nill would take on (I haven't gone through all the books). Might be something you guys wouldn't mind unloading, given how things just aren't working with him in Edmonton right now.

Thoughts?

We are looking for defencemen who can make a breakout pass and can rifle shots/get them off their stick fast.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think our template for the trade deadline should be:

Maroon Mcdavid Drai
Lucic Nuge ______ ( or ebs)
Pou _____ _____ ( or ebs)
Lander Letestu Kassian
Hendricks/caguila extra forwards

Klef Lars
Sek ____
Davidson/benning/nurse/gryba/Russel

1.RW- Depends who we acquire ebs can be on second line or 3rd line. Guys I would target would be stempniak, Vanek, iginal,vrbata. Im sure theres more that will be avliable but im just going off the top of my head. I cant see any of those guys costing to much that would hurt our future

2. Center- Right now I don't know who would be available for centers other then Hanzel and he might cost a lot.

3. RHS D man - Id try and grab Stone, green or barrie. Obviously the values differ quite a bit here. IF they cost to much im okay with running with what we have

4. A package id like for this year and future would be a Ryan Ellis and Craig Smith. Expansion draft complicates things obviously but both those guys would help a lot.

Thoughts?

That would be my exact template. I think it makes sense to pick up a few forwards you plan to protect in the expansion draft and bring in a rental on the blue line like Stone.

Ideal pickups would be Craig Smith, Bjugstad, Hansen, and Stone while shipping out Eberle, Davidson, Reinhart, 2017 1st, 2017 3rd, and a prospect like Slepyshev.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
We are looking for defencemen who can make a breakout pass and can rifle shots/get them off their stick fast.

Hey! So are we!

We don't really have that sure shot proven piece back there you guys would see as a piece to improve you now, unless we're talking Klingberg, but that wouldn't happen.

That's why I look at some kind of package deal, though you guys may be wanting to use Eberle as a chip to acquire something more.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd make that trade in a heartbeat but I can't see the Avs doing it. I think they will want a defenseman who is a more known commodity or is seen to have higher upside.

It's kinda dicey for the Avs though if they keep trading away forward pieces, pretty soon you have a offence that is basically Nathan MacKinnon and no one else, which is what the Islanders are (Tavares on an island, literally).

In all honesty they should have offered Tyson Barrie for Taylor Hall last July 1st, taken that and ran.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's kinda dicey for the Avs though if they keep trading away forward pieces, pretty soon you have a offence that is basically Nathan MacKinnon and no one else, which is what the Islanders are (Tavares on an island, literally).

In all honesty they should have offered Tyson Barrie for Taylor Hall last July 1st, taken that and ran.

The other issue with Landeskog is that he is a LW and the Oilers have Maroon and Lucic in the role of "Heavy LW". Ideally they would want a guy like him who can play the RW role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad