Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I truly do not understand the affinity for the goalie hug that pervades Bruins fandom. Nothing but a reminder of the biggest choke in sports history (2023 first round exit after posting the best record of all time).

As if that wasn't enough, 2024 adds another layer with a $5M black hole riding the pine while Coyle and Zacha impersonate top two centers and the team gets spanked in 6 games by the exact same squad as the previous year, at home, once again. What an absolute nightmare.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
For semi recent loses this one doesn't bother me because I didn't expect them to make the playoffs.

In order of most painful losses
2023 (that being Bergy and Krejci final game)

In 2013 I think they would have got to the cup if they got past Florida, but not confident they would beat Butch who knows how they play.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
It was a transition year… be proud of the boys! Core is deeper and stronger because of this! Poitras, Brasseau, and some surprises plus core learning and a lot of cap space this year. 2025 maybe our year. Sways was amazing. Goalie issues everywhere Ulmark is going get us a haul. Lot of good things. Be proud!

I don't understand why Brazeau is getting so much love. Sure he had a good start with the Bruins but by the end of the Panthers series he was getting knocked on his butt time after time. I would rather go with someone who can skate and get in on the forecheck. Brazeau's numbers in the AHL were nothing to write home about either, decent, but that's all.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Would have been nice to have them reverse last year and win coming back from down 3-1, but overall this team wasn't winning the Cup in 2024. Rangers and then Dallas? Crazy hard, they'd have to go 4 straight game 7's probably. No way, no how.

This was a transition year for the B's. They overall did very well looking at the whole picture.

Looking at the Panthers, they are in win now mode. Then got some big choices to make next year, probably won't be the same team. They don't win this year, it'll be a huge let down.

Personally, think Dallas will win the Cup.

But should be a good off season, expecting the B's to look better coming into next year.

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
I’ll be disappointed if the Bruins don’t make some changes by way of moving some core guys out.
Love you Marchy and everything you gave to the team but I’d look to move him out. He’s cooked.
Coyle or Zacha take your pick. I’d rather move Coyle and play Zacha on the wing. Ullmark and Gryzlyk need to be moved out as well. I’d see what you could get for Lindholm. Maybe Lohrei can eventually run a power play but we need a guy that can shoot bombs from the blue line. Haven’t had one since the Hobbit.
Use the cap space to snag a centre and bring in some young players, this team needs a new leadership core.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Meh, they showed-up. Don’t score on your myriad chances these things happen. Same old song and dance. At least we have Swayman going forward.

I’d also like to apologize to Alicat for swearing at her. Adrenaline-fueled reflex action. Sorry Alicat. You give wayyyy more to our board than I ever could and we all appreciate it.
How about we don’t eat each other alive tonight, people. Let’s save our venom for the Sammy, Keith et al in the Rangers series.
Go Rags!
Go Bruins!
It’s all good. I know you clearly didn’t mean what you posted. We are humans and B’s fans. We are also a really big, messy, dysfunctional family and need to work through a long season being over. We are all good my friend ❤️

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
3-11 in playoffs on home ice and 7 too many men penalties.That was 1 every 2nd game.Great regular season coach but he stunk to these playoffs for sure .
Didn't they have two TMM penalties in one game??

..I've never seen that before

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Funny how people always ask if Pastrnak is injured come April / May.
It's a valid question because wtf happened to regular season Pasta?

If that guy showed up? We win.

So if he's hurt. It would explain him having zero awareness. Bambi on his skates. Falling all over the ice. Passes to nowhere.

It's baffling. He's our best player. And he didn't show up except that game vs Toronto. That's it. We need more from him. And I think he knows that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
For all who understand this was a cap strapped year with low expectations, please appreciate all of the success. We are poised to return as a better team going forward
Is this team a couple players away from a Cup? 4 of the top 6 forwards will be back, entire top 6 D that played tonight and the superstar goalie. Freddy, Beecher, Geekie and Brazeau would appear to be locks as well. Should be a fun and interesting off season,

Reactions: trenton1

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
360 spin passes to no one too. I like Pastrnak, but I’m not sure he’s a horse that you’ll win with.
We wouldn’t have made the playoffs without Pasternak hard to win much if you finish 9th or 10th in the standings.

Florida isn’t gonna win shit either Rangers will beat them in 5 or 6 and they’re about to get broken up for cap reasons.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
This doesn't hurt as much as 2019 did.

2019 I had to take my mental aspect out of it that I can no longer get myself worked up over a hockey team. That took sometimes from me. Soul crushing.

2013 was and still is mindblowing, castle crumbling, heartbreak.
I really thought we had that cup in the bag in 2019. Still painful memories.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Huh? NYR had a season like ours last year and we’re Presidents winners there was no scenario where we don’t play Florida first or second round.

We should improve the center position but you can’t complain too much what we got the year immediately after Bergeron and DK.

Who is overpaid and a bad contract? Gryz and Forbort but they’re expiring. We don’t have any. Lindholm could become one in the future but that is it right now.

Where are you going to get the money to sign those players? So I'm supposed to give the Bruins a pass on their centers retiring instead of holding them accountable for not having their replacements ready?

Look at how much money Lindholm, Ullmark, pasta and McAvoy are making and look at what they gave you in the playoffs.

It's unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad