Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Zzz... Zzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
With the Islanders sitting in dead last in the Metro, wonder if they'd ship Thomas Greiss. His contract expires at the end of this season ($1.5 million) and he is sporting some pretty good numbers (16 starts 9 wins 5 losses 2 OTL GAA: 2.31 Save %: 0.927).

No one is taking Halak at his contract in a trade so with Greiss' contract expiring, the Oilers could use him as reliable rental.

I'd love to get Greiss. He's a MUCH better goalie than Gustavsson from what I've seen. Haven't looked at his career numbers, but I'm sure they are better -- probably a lot better. Thing is, Snow always seems to want an arm and a leg for any of his players. Every rumor that comes out regarding an Isles trade always has Snow asking for way too much, IMO.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Our next back to back games are Jan 20 & 21 + Jan 25 & 26, I'd like to see a trade made for a new back up goalie before then or if we want to be frugal I'm ok with giving one of Brossoit or Ellis a 2 game try-out before committing fully to going out and acquiring a back-up.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Our next back to back games are Jan 20 & 21 + Jan 25 & 26, I'd like to see a trade made for a new back up goalie before then or if we want to be frugal I'm ok with giving one of Brossoit or Ellis a 2 game try-out before committing fully to going out and acquiring a back-up.

I think that will be their plan. Bring Broissoit up a month before the trade deadline, give him 3-4 games if he falls on his face then I could see them going out and grabbing someone at the deadline.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yep. Time to give Karri Ramo a call, methinks.

Not sure if Ramo coming off a big surgery is the guy.

0-3 in the AHL and in 2 of those games he was gross.

I'm thinking maybe we can trade a minor body to the Panthers for Reto Berra. Luongo would need to be fully healthy to convince Florida to do it but Berra has NHL experience and good numbers, would be a good stop gap. Probably would need to deal Gus to Florida to make it work contract-wise - hope they have room for him on their minor league squad.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gus should never play another game again.

Thoughts on giving Ellis a look?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Kari Ramo and Anders Lindback are the only two NHL goalies from last year that didn't get signed. Maybe we should sign Ramo?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Kari Ramo and Anders Lindback are the only two NHL goalies from last year that didn't get signed. Maybe we should sign Ramo?

Ramo's no better than Gus. Chia needs to make a trade to solve this I think.

Maybe if the Islanders season continues to flop we can target Greiss.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Ramo's no better than Gus. Chia needs to make a trade to solve this I think.

Maybe if the Islanders season continues to flop we can target Greiss.

Ramo can do basic **** like push off a post and butterfly.

Gus wasn't just bad, he wasn't AHL caliber let alone NHL.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Pouliot for Halak

Maybe...it's not a terrible idea.

I'd prefer Fayne for Halak and holding out on Pou until the summer though. Pou could rebound with McJesus maybe around deadline time for a few games.

I also don't like having a goalie at 4M for an entire extra year - would rather find something cheap and expiring.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Maybe...it's not a terrible idea.

I'd prefer Fayne for Halak and holding out on Pou until the summer though. Pou could rebound with McJesus maybe around deadline time for a few games.

I also don't like having a goalie at 4M for an entire extra year - would rather find something cheap and expiring.

Halak if anything would be a decent back up. He expires 1 yr earlier and not sold LV will even take Pouliot at this rate.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Waive Gus today, have him clear, then trade him to the Jets for Pavelec.

Or make a larger deal, Fayne, Gus and 2nd for Pavelec and Mattias

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd like to see what he can do in the next back to back to see what we've got

Give the kid a look. Ellis has good movement, he's far more technically sound than Gus, dear Lord.

0.936 GAA his senior year in the NCAA, 0.923 GAA right now for Bakersfield. Give him a look, he's not an 18 year old rookie. Ellis will be 23 on the 18th of this month.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Hearing Landeskog may be available and they may be looking for a DMan in return., apparentely the Kings are pursuing him, think we should make a pinch for him?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Hearing Landeskog may be available and they may be looking for a DMan in return., apparentely the Kings are pursuing him, think we should make a pinch for him?

Hear anything new? This has been a rumor for a few days now

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

With what Dman? Fayne? Ference? Those IMO are the only 2 expendable dmen we have. Until we are stocked in the Dmen front, we can't afford to trade any dmen away. Now if it was Eberle they wanted or even RNH, then I'd think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad