Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Time For Holland to Awaken From His Slumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No I’m not saying that but a winning dressing room develops a certain chemistry over time. Mess with it too much and things can unwind a bit.

Changing out 25% of the forwards is a lot on a team that’s contending. (3 of 12)
Sure, do you think there isn't room for 3 new faces? Because I absolutely believe there is.

Reactions: McDoused

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I’ll say it again, if we do get a Ceci upgrade it won’t be for a rumored name.

Plenty of good players out there that aren’t being shopped but if you offer a 1st and a prospect or something they might budge.

I don’t think Nashville was looking to trade Ekholm and they might even call a mulligan on that if they could.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ekholm was a clear upgrade over Barrie.

Walker isn't a clear upgrade over Ceci.

Most of the rumoured D to be available aren't a clear upgrade over Ceci, not like Ekholm was to Barrie anyway.

I personally do think Walker is a clear upgrade. Not nearly as big of one as Ekholm over Barrie at 5v5, but still it would be a good improvement to the club. Quite a few D out there rumored would be improvements on Ceci 5v5. And respect to Nurse adapting his game so well to try to hide what a drag Ceci is against good comp.

Fix the top 4 with a RHD that can actually help tilt the ice a bit against good comp and this team has a far better shot in the playoffs. Last year Ceci was targetted and helped absolutely tank our chances against Vegas.

Reactions: McDoused

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
All Oilers staff and Condors staff are in Boston. Is there anything to that or am I just over analyzing?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I personally do think Walker is a clear upgrade. Not nearly as big of one as Ekholm over Barrie at 5v5, but still it would be a good improvement to the club. Quite a few D out there rumored would be improvements on Ceci 5v5. And respect to Nurse adapting his game so well to try to hide what a drag Ceci is against good comp.

Fix the top 4 with a RHD that can actually help tilt the ice a bit against good comp and this team has a far better shot in the playoffs. Last year Ceci was targetted and helped absolutely tank our chances against Vegas.
Last year Ceci was hurt. This year he looks a lot more engaged physically.

Ceci isn't preferable when you look at the assignments he faces. But guys like Walker or Carrier are smaller defensemen who would be taking on a role heavier than they currently handle.

The D market is ass. You don't trade Ceci for either of those defensemen unless the center comes with them.

Reactions: AM

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Agreed it’s unlikely Blue jackets would move him but you never know. Doesn’t seem like he has really worked out there and It’s possible Jackets could feel maybe they won’t be able to re tool on the fly quite like they maybe hoped. They’ve got some young guys coming up at LD so they main look to go younger and cheaper at some positions.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Provorov
Kulak - Desharnais

Pretty stout D that’s locked in for another season but they’d like move Kulak and bring Broberg on full time.
I hope we trade for him in the summer if we don't at the deadline. I love the idea of extending him once Ekholm's contract tolls. Played in the WHL. He's a mobile puck mover that has a ton of experience carrying a workload similar to Darnell's.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's only 3 forwards, and I think they swap Ceci for a different defender.

4 is a lot of players, but they have the assets and the need.

I get it but they can upset team chemistry with too many changes. What is too many I guess is up to the manager to decide.

4 players on a 20 team roster is 20%. (Correct? They told me there’d be no math on the forum lol). That’s a large percentage with only 6 weeks to lock everyone in and find the correct fits for everyone.

I get your point though. :thumbu:

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Can any of our local capologists tell me if by sending Gagner down, Guentzel at 50% would fit now? It would make some sense since the Penguins announced they are trading him tomorrow. Then that puts pressure on other teams to have to take a Ceci/Foegele contract back on any other moves.

Reactions: soothsayer

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’m wondering if oilers are keeping Ceci while also bringing in another top 4 d and pushing Vinny to #7

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I get it but they can upset team chemistry with too many changes. What is too many I guess is up to the manager to decide.

4 players on a 20 team roster is 20%. (Correct? They told me there’d be no math on the forum lol). That’s a large percentage with only 6 weeks to lock everyone in and find the correct fits for everyone.

I get your point though. :thumbu:
I don't think the group is that fragile, but I do agree, that is ALOT of change at once. I'll be interested to see what happens. I suspect it will be at least 3 players.

Fingers crossed, we see solid improvement.

I’m wondering oilers are keeping Ceci while also bringing in another top 4 d and pushing Vinny to #7
If that were possible that would be kind of amazing.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

I don't agree.

However if someone can in and have amazing chemistry with Nurse thats a huge win for the team. Im not opposed to anything, I just don't think there are many players available that are better than what Ceci gives us. People here act like Ceci is useless and that just isn't the case.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I don't agree.

However if someone can in and have amazing chemistry with Nurse thats a huge win for the team. Im not opposed to anything, I just don't think there are many players available that are better than what Ceci gives us. People here act like Ceci is useless and that just isn't the case.
Ceci is near the bottom or at the bottom of the league in zone denials, successful exits, and pick retrievals. Yeah, he’s terrible. Terrible on the rush, terrible in zone defense, doesn’t support offence.

Attachments

• 1709689357378.jpeg
    1709689357378.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad