Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Friedman on Sporstnet:

- Oilers are in on Guentzel with Vancouver
- They are in on Henrique and other forwards
- He’s not sure which one Oilers are targeting as their #1
- Oilers thought they didn’t have a chance for Guentzel before but now they believe they do.

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Friedman on Sporstnet:

- Oilers thought they didn’t have a chance for Guentzel before but now they believe they do.

After tonight's game I'm on the Guentzel bandwagon a bit. The team needs a goal scorer and he would fit. I'm worried about his injury though, they say it's a broken finger so I don't know how that would affect his shooting.

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
I thought he had a shoulder? That's a concern too, but he's expected to be back and healthy

I got the finger information from Daily Faceoff (Seravalli). Shoulder would be more concerning than a finger I think lol.

Scoop: It’s entirely possible Guentzel has played his last game as a Pittsburgh Penguin. Injured on Valentine’s Day and placed on LTIR, Guentzel is out through the March 8 deadline. The exact nature has been speculated to be a fractured finger, but speaking with teams who are interested in the most impactful forward available, they don’t believe his value will be damaged by the time missed. They’d still have Guentzel for the final month of the regular season, plus an entire playoff run – however long that lasts. There’s not a lot to dislike. Guentzel has been north of a point per game in four of these last five seasons. He has twice hit 40 goals. And he was a force in the Penguins’ 2017 Stanley Cup playoff run, leading the postseason in goals (13) as a rookie. His 34 goals in 58 career playoff games is 30 percent above his regular season pace.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Reactions: ConnorNova0929

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So....the Blues lost and are 6 points out. Give us Buchnevich, you cowards.

After tonight's game I'm on the Guentzel bandwagon a bit. The team needs a goal scorer and he would fit. I'm worried about his injury though, they say it's a broken finger so I don't know how that would affect his shooting.

I'm much more worried about the cost than the injury. Selling the farm for a rental would not be ideal.
They could get Henrique and probably keep their 1st and top prospect. That's much more preferable.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
So....the Blues lost and are 6 points out. Give us Buchnevich, you cowards.

I'm much more worried about the cost than the injury. Selling the farm for a rental would not be ideal.
They could get Henrique and probably keep their 1st and top prospect. That's much more preferable.
You spelled Paryko wrong there?

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I’m guessing part of the reason the trade will go down tomorrow is to give the team acquiring him a chance to do a full medical to make sure Dubas isn’t selling “more damaged than advertised” goods.

Reactions: ConnorNova0929

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Friedman on Sporstnet:

This suggests to me that Guentzel has told Dubas he'll waive for Edmonton. Guentzel is the Oilers' guy and I would bet my bottom dollar he'll be an Oiler by Friday night.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I’m wondering if oilers are keeping Ceci while also bringing in another top 4 d and pushing Vinny to #7
I thought Vinny was great tonight with Nurse. That's a good litmus test to follow up the game against the Penguins. Not sure how it affects any plans this week though.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Canucks are so scared of the Oilers landing Guentzel, that they’d trade Lindholm weeks after selling the farm for him? Do I have that right?
Probably, but be careful, there are some creepy Canuck white knights among us who will criticize you for even bringing that up.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I thought Vinny was great tonight with Nurse. That's a good litmus test to follow up the game against the Penguins. Not sure how it affects any plans this week though.
If anything, it should make Holland and Co. More comfortable trading Ceci.

Reactions: McBooya42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad